The Meeting

Takers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We decided to go through with the job. I wasn’t so willing, but at the same time I figured we’d needed to earn more money in order to raise our baby… the right way. There was no way our yet to be born child would grow up around all this craziness of being a Taker, at least not until they reached the right age. We’ll just have to take it easy during the majority of the time being. But right now, Yongguk and I are heading downtown in order to meet our new client, yes, the one who asked us to pull off this insane job for him. Why? Because he couldn’t do it himself…pssh, I guess that’s what we’re here for right?

 

“Baby, where is this guy telling us to go? It looks like the middle of nowhere…” I ask Yongguk. He takes a look at the GPS mounted above the stereo and sighs.

 

“I have no idea Chaerin, but you've got the whole being “in the middle of nowhere” correct. All this guy said was to meet him at this address.”

 

“You think he’s an undercover? I mean, this job he wants us to do isn’t exactly what we’ve done before… Are we walking into a bust?”

 

“Chae, be reasonable. If this was a bust, we wouldn’t be driving there now would we? And besides, I made sure Himchan and I did our research before we took the job. We’re fine.”

 

I sigh, “You're right, you’re right. I’m sorry for even thinking that.”

 

“No need to be sorry love. I understand where you're coming from, now that we’re having a baby. But you don’t need to worry at all, I and the rest of our family are taking the necessary measures to ensure all is safe.” He looks over to me and smiles. Taking hold of my hand, he gave it a little squeeze to reassure me that he and the others had it all under control. I returned the smile and nodded. Yongguk turned his attention back to the road, “We’re here.” We pulled up to an empty lot and saw a sleek black Mercedes parked just in front of us. A moment later a man and woman stepped out of the vehicle. They both were dressed quite fancy, the man in a fitted suit and the woman in a sleek black pencil dress. They smirked as they looked out way. Who are they?

 

“Who did Himchan say these people are again?” I asked Yongguk.

 

“ Kim Namtae and Kim Riko, they're art collectors as well as husband and wife. “ He said.

 

I raised my brow in speculation, art collectors huh? Yongguk and I stepped out of the car and walked toward them. He took hold of my hand and laced his fingers with mine, he probably sensed my nervousness. I didn’t know whether or not I could trust these people yet. A few more strides and we came to face the couple in front of us and bowed politely. 

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo, I’m Bang Yongguk and this is my wife Chaerin.” Yongguk extended his hand and shakes their hands, I soon follow to do as he did. Mr. Kim extended his hand and shook the both of ours as his wife curtly bowed. 

 

“Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Bang. I’m Kim Namtae and this is my wife Riko. Shall we discuss business?”

 

“Of course,” Yongguk agreed, “would you like to share with us anything specific you’d like us to do?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter