We're Takers

Takers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    We’re “Takers”, and that is exactly what we did. We took things for those who weren’t skilled enough to get what they wanted, especially if they could pay up a good amount. But maybe it’s time to take a break, settle down you know? I’m Lee Chaerin, leader of the “Takers” alongside my husband Bang Yongguk. It’s funny how we met actually and created this low key business with our remarkable team. It all started when Yongguk decided to walk through the doors of my father’s locksmith shop, pulling in a safe behind him.

 

FLASHBACK

 

The bells on the shop’s door chimed as another customer walked in. I looked up from the key I was filing to see who it was, and saw a tall handsome guy with short wavy hair, strolling in a safe behind him.

    

“Anneyeonghasyeo! Welcome to Lee’s Locksmiths, how can I help you today?” my father greeted.

 

“Anneyonghaseyo, Mr. Lee. I was wondering if you knew anyone good at handling safes?” he said, gesturing to the monstrous titanium box he brought in. My fathers eyes grew wide as he laid eyes on it.

 

“My, what kind of safe is this son?”

 

“ A Chronos STK 4218 sir. Do you know anyone you think can get this open?”

 

“Well, I know someone who can definitely try. Chaerin-ah!”

 

Again I looked up from the key I was making upon hearing my name being called. I turned off the machine, took my goggles and gloves off, and walked over to the front desk.

 

“This is… ah, sorry son what is your name?”

 

“I’m Bang Yongguk sir.”

 

“ Ah strong name for a good looking fellow like you. Makes sense, haha.” he chuckled, then continued on to introduce me, “This is my daughter Chaerin.” I faced Yongguk and gave a small smile, he did the same and reached out his hand toward me. I took his hand and shook it as he stared at me a little longer with a growing shy smile on his face, “ Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” he said, rubbing the back of his neck feeling embarrassed. I blushed and looked down, a shy smile of my own forming on my face. 

 

My father chuckled, “She gets her looks from me.”

 

“Appa!” I groaned.

 

“What, its not like you look like your mother.”

 

I shook my head and turned to Yongguk, “Please don’t mind my father, he hasn’t taken his afternoon nap yet so he’s a bit delirious.”

 

“Yah!” he scolded. I giggled and gestured towards the safe, “Why don’t we take a look and see what I’m capable of doing here.”

 

“Yes, you go do that daughter while I go upstairs for my afternoon nap.” He bid Yongguk a goodbye and headed up to the second floor. 

 

“So,” I began, “what caused you to bring in such a top grade safe Mr. Bang?”

 

“Please, call me Yongguk.” he said. “I need someone to try and get it open in five minutes, or less if possible…”

 

“Is that a challenge?”

 

“Sure, if you’d like it to be.” I gave him a questioning look. It wasn’t everyday that someone came into the shop, asking me to pop open highly secured metal boxes in a time limit. Nevertheless, I wasn’t afraid of any challenge, it just wasn’t in my nature. “Follow me.” I lead him to the back room where I kept my supplies. Flicking the light switch on, I then walked towards the shelf to put on my safety goggles and gloves. Yongguk strolled in behind me with the safe and set it in the middle of the room. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter