Home: Part 1

Takers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We pulled into the driveway of our home and were immediately welcomed by Himchan. “How did the meeting go?” he asked walking toward us as we closed the car doors. “A little bumpy I’d say…” I told him. Himchan gave me a questioning look, “It’s fine, the Kims were just a little put off with the time frame we gave them. Rest assured, we got them to see that their best bet is to go through us for the job.” Yongguk explained. 

 

“You tell the guy that we’d get the job done in six weeks?” He asked. 

 

“Yup.”

 

“And they thought they could get what they're asking for in less than that time? I don't like that these clients are impatient…”

 

“No need to worry Himchan,” I said. “We assured them that six weeks was as good as it was going to get and if they went through any other teams they’d be waiting for their precious artifact for way longer.”

 

Yongguk nodded in agreement, “Mr.Kim said he’d drop off the first half of the deposit in the next week.”

 

Himchan exhaled a breath that seemed like he’d been holding, “Sounds good. Shall we start preparations?”

 

“Not just yet. We have a week to ourselves before we start the job, we’ll start once the deposit is in.” 

 

As we started walking the driveway towards the house we were hit with a homely scent that could only mean one thing. Bom was in the kitchen cooking, it was then I remembered what today was. 

 

“It’s Junhong’s birthday today.” I stated.

 

“It is, isn't it. Dammit we didn’t wish him a happy birthday…” Yongguk realized.

 

“Ah, don’t beat yourself up so much about it. The kid went out early this morning, before your guys left for the meeting. He should be home by now though.” Himchan glanced at his watch. “Yup, definitely him by now, it’s almost dinner and Bom is cooking.” He said excitedly and took a big whiff of the airy filled with the savory scent of home cooked food. We walked a bit faster up the rest of the way and kicked off our shoes by the door. The inside of the house smelt even more wonderful then outside. I smiled to myself knowing that i was home with my family.

 

“Anneyeong Chaerin unnie, Yongguk oppa!” Minzy was seated on the couch, the latest edition of Vouge Korea in her hands. “Welcome home” she smiled.

 

“Ah thank you Minzy-ah, have you seen the birthday boy?” I asked her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter