Home: Part 2

Takers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Let’s take a walk for a bit Love…”

I nodded and gladly followed his lead with a small sweet smile. Yongguk lead us down the pathway, the night light along the side illuminating the pieces of topaz embeded into the ground. 

"How have you been?" he asks.

"I've been fine, why do you ask?" 

"I'm sorry I haven't spent a lot of time with you." he sighed. I look up to him with a reassuring smile, "What are you talking about? You spend a ton of time with me."

Yongguk shakes his head, "My wife is pregnant with my child and here I am putting together a heist. I should be with you two every second during such an important time for our family...I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not cut out to be a father..." his head fell and slightly tightened his hand around mine. We've reached the little garden by now and this time, I take the lead and pull him over to the bench swing. We sit down, though his eyes still survey the ground. I sigh, "Bang Yongguk, look at me." He hesitates but ultimately gives in, his sad eyes meeting mine. "I haven't known you as a man who ever doubted himself. In fact, the man I fell in love with is always so sure about anything and everything he is faced with and has made me a firm believer in his intuition." I let go of his hand and reach up to cup his face. "You said in the beginning that you want to be a father, you told me that in such a firm declaration that there was no doubt to be traced in your voice or in your thoughts... Don't start to doubt things now. There's tears starting to brim in his eyes, "I'm sorry." he whispers.

I softly shake my head and engulf him in my arms, pulling him tight and close. "Don't be sorry Love. You're doing everything you can and more, I couldn't ask for anything else. You're already an amazing husband, there's no doubt at all that you'll be an equally amazing father. I love you so much Yongguk." I feel his arms wrap around me and squeeze me tight, "I love you too." He pulls away only for a second to caress my cheek and leans forward to sweetly kiss my lips. I smile and chuckled, "Wah, who knew the 'manly man' Bang Yongguk could shed this much tears." I pulled my sleeve down and softly dabbed at the now narrowed almond shaped eyes, "Oh shut up Chae!" he laughed and playfully swatted my hand away from his eyes. I laughed along with him and pulled him up with me off of the swing. "C'mon lets get back to the house, I'm hungry and so is our baby." I softly patted my growing belly, "Alright, alright kaja."

 

BACK AT THE HOUSE

"There you guys are! We've been waiting for the two of you to come back." Bom pouted as soon as we walked into the dining room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter