Surprise

Mine

Insung had planned to rest at least a year or so after his last drama, but somehow...he was roped into doing this certain project instead. The reason he wanted to take a break wasn't because he was tired of working, but he believed that no matter how much you worked, you should also try to take time and balance out your own personal life. That meant more time for himself and for him to work on his personal goals. However, it had only been two months or so after the drama had ended. Now, he had obligations again.

Moving slightly on the swivel chair he was sitting on, Insung went over the information sheet once again. His manager was out and finalising the details to the contract of the project while he was in the recording studio, waiting for his partner for the next few months.

Hwang Miyoung...

Insung had never heard of that person before, but then again, with so many people coming in and out of the industry, it was hard to keep track of every single person. Going over the suggested topics the project offered, he snorted at every one. Insung was definitely glad they were only suggesting the ideas to them and that he and his partner would still have full reign over the content of their project.

Glancing up once he heard the sound of the door handle being turned, Insung waited patiently for the other person to step in.

"...Jo Insung ssi...?" Came the surprised voice once she saw who was sitting in front of her.

"Tiffany. What are you doing here?" Insung trailed slowly as he stared at the younger female in front of him. He had the chance of meeting her when he was waiting for Kyungsoo a month or so ago. Insung definitely didn't expect to see her again so soon...or at all.

"Ah, I'm suppose to be co-hosting the radio program here. I'm assuming the person I'm suppose to be working with is you..." Tiffany said sheepishly as she shut the door behind her before moving towards the small couch near the door.

"You don't have the information sheet?" Insung asked, "But wait...how are you Hwang Miyoung...?"

"My manager took it before I walked into the building. I didn't have time to look at it since I was in rehearsal with the girls." Tiffany paused slightly before continuing on, "And that's the Korean name I was born with. My real english name isn't even Tiffany."

"A friend of my grandmothers' who used to come over to my home when I was younger was named Miyoung..." Insung confessed as he watched the puzzled, then horrified expression appear on Tiffany's face. "You don't know too many young people named Miyoung nowadays."

"...what do you even say to that without insulting anybody?." Tiffany groaned as she buried her face into her hands.

"Not my problem." Insung replied as a small smile fitted his face.

It seemed like this project wasn't going to be too bad after all.

 

 


"Feel free to sit anywhere." Taeyeon called out as her head poked down from the upper level.

Ever since Jiyong and Taeyeon had started dating, Seunghyun was the constant third wheel to block any suspicion that might arise. It was only fair since he had owed Jiyong plenty of favours, but it was still frustrating from time to time. Seunghyun was rarely surprised...if ever, but he had to admit that it was strange for there to be no reporters around when the three of them went out.

It was either something was going on...or just sheer luck.

Most of the time, the three of them would go out to eat at small restaurants, cafes, and lounges which were exclusive to celebrities to provide seclusion and privacy. Most of the places were either opened by another celebrity or a well-known management company. These places were the best locations to eat at to avoid scandals unless that was exactly what you wanted. If that was the case, eat in public.

Other times, Taeyeon would sneak into Jiyong's apartment for a few hours when their schedules were cleared and that was when Seunghyun would man the lower level of the spacious apartment to make sure nothing suspicious would bother the couple. It was often that reporters would stake out in a room from a building just across from theirs to take pictures or they would send an accidental delivery of some sort on purpose to catch a glimpse of who came in and out of the apartment.

However, as Seunghyun had noted before, the reporters hadn't been showing up like they used to and he honestly wasn't sure if that was a good sign or not. In his mind, he was hoping that the security had finally gotten better and that they were the ones keeping the reporters out.

The three had a constant routine going on until today.

Taeyeon had offered the two of them to hangout at the apartment she shared with a few other members from her group. She even asked him and Jiyong to call out the other boys as well and if available, she would see which of the girls from her group would be free to join them tonight for a small get together.

Seunghyun had agreed because Jiyong wouldn't have let him out of it otherwise and the fact that he would be seeing someone else other than Taeyeon or Jiyong would be nice. It wasn't that they weren't good company, but he had seen them plenty in the past month or so and he was ready to break away from that.

Although Seunghyun was hesitant at first because of an incident that happened awhile back, he knew it would've been impossible for him to avoid it forever. He had been embarrassed and angry at that period of time. Not only had he felt foolish for attempting it in the first place but he had thought that maybe he wasn't the only one who had saw it. Of course, that was a lie. Thousands of others had seen exactly what he had, but the person who should've seen it didn't.

But then, what more could he have expected? They didn't know each other and never did.

Whatever happened was the past. The past stayed in the past.

It wasn't long before the sound of the doorbell broke him away from his thoughts.

"I'll get it!" Jiyong offered before Seunghyun could even take a stand from his seat.

Watching his friend open the front door to let the guests in like he did his own home made Seunghyun smile. Jiyong was definitely in good hands now. It wouldn't be a surprise to him if Jiyong got too serious too fast and blurted out the L word within the next couple of weeks.

"Yahhhhhhh, SEUNGHYUN!" Came a voice as the person jumped onto his back.

"Get off." Seunghyun struggled as he managed to break out of Taeyang's grasp.

And so it began.