Acquainted

Mine

Tiffany sighed as she finally stepped out of one of the company's training studios. Since she wasn't much of a dancer, she was always one of the last to leave and because she knew she couldn't afford to make too many mistakes while performing on stage, she had to practice longer and work harder to learn the dance moves. Even though the group had already started to promote their comeback, it didn't mean their practice had to stop there. They were required to work even more hours during their promotional period. That meant more hours on their dancing and more hours on their singing. You had to work hard to get some where.

Tired and absorbed with her thoughts, Tiffany barely had time to react before she bumped into the young male in front of her.

"Ah, Kyungsoo! I didn't see you there. I'm so sorry!" Tiffany apologised quickly once she realised who she had bumped into. She also had to mentally scold herself for a moment as well. She shouldn't have let her thoughts wander enough to not notice her surroundings.

"I'm actually at fault too." Kyungsoo, or D.O. as he was known, said as he glanced sheepishly around him. They were both balanced on their feets again and a bit embarrassed for bumping into each other. It wasn't long before the nervousness caught up with him and he ran a hand through his hair before continuing, "I have to meet my manager before I leave today, but Suho told me to meet him in one of the training rooms first."

Tiffany and Kyungsoo weren't too close of friends. They were familiar enough for small talk and respected each other's groups for their accomplishments, especially since SNSD had a few years ahead of EXO and were their sunbaes. They barely had time to interact with each other, other than the SMTOWN reunions and their brief run-ins at the headquarters. It was strange how they wouldn't know each other too well, but it was the truth.

"Sounds like a busy day for you then. I bet you're extremely tired and that's exactly how I'm feeling right now." Tiffany smiled as she patted his shoulder." It won't be too long till you're able to leave and when you do, be sure to get enough rest."

"I'll be sure to do that." Kyungsoo chuckled as she started to turn away towards the elevators. However, before she could even take another step, he said quickly, "Actually, since you're heading out, would you mind doing me a favour?"

Turning back around, Tiffany smiled softly. It was true that they weren't too close, but if he needed a favour, she would be happy to help out. They were from the same company after all and she always had a soft spot for taking care of the younger artists in the company. "What is it?"

"Well, Jo Insung is waiting for me downstairs at the lobby but it'll be awhile before I'm able to head down. I was wondering if you could tell him that for me." Kyungsoo asked as he scratched his head nervously. "I would have texted him but I left my phone in the dorm."

"Jo Insung...the actor you co-starred with?" Tiffany asked as she recognized the name. She didn't have much time to catch up on korean dramas but she had seen a few episodes with the girls to promote his show when it was on. That was the time when Taeyeon was still seeing Baekhyun and the younger boy had encouraged them to check the show out to help Kyungsoo with the ratings. Even though it didn't seem like it mattered much, a view here and there really did change the count.

"Yeah, we still go out to talk from time to time. He was such an amazing mentor on set. We just hit it off." Kyungsoo grinned, stepping up to help her press the down button to the elevators. "Gong Hyojin and a few of the other staff might be joining us as well tonight."

"That's a great relationship to have. I really hope you have a good time. I'll definitely let him know when I see him downstairs." Tiffany promised as Kyungsoo gave her another grin before she stepped into the waiting elevator that had just come up.

"Thank you! Have a good time tonight as well." Kyungsoo called out, just as the doors to the elevator closed.

What a bundle of energy.

Tiffany smiled fondly as she watched the number of floors decrease. Her mood had lighten up considerably after the small talk with Kyungsoo and she was now wide awake instead of being too tired like she had been feeling earlier. She was even tempted to call up Yuri to see if she wanted to go out and do something.

When the elevator reached the ground floor, Tiffany stepped out into the spacious lobby of the SM building. Before she could even look around, she noticed the side view of the person she was just asked to speak to standing a few feet away in front of her. That was easy she mused before walking in a straight line towards him.

It only took a moment before he noticed her walking towards him and she offered him a hesitant smile and bow.

"Jo Insung ssi..."

 

 

 

Seunghyun wasn't too surprised when they finally started dating. No. He was only surprised that it took as long as it did for the relationship to happen. While he was glad that something was finally worked out between the two of them, it had taken years of other experiences and losses for them to finally come to terms of what was right in front of them all along. Idiots, really.

"Are you really worried about your appearance right now?" Seunghyun muttered as he watched the other pick up a shirt before throwing it down and grabbing another instead. It wasn't long before that was also tossed to the ground and the frantic male in front of him was back at his drawers, clawing at the pieces of clothing in the bottomless pit to find something to wear.

"No," Came the reply as the 'worried' individual stripped off his shirt to quickly put on the one he took ten minutes to find.

Seunghyun only raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, you're right." The person muttered, once again deciding if the shirt he put on would be the right fit or if he should go and look for another one.

"Thank you." Seunghyun teased as he dropped a seat to the edge of his friends' bed. "If you take any longer, I'm sure you'd end up being the one who's late."

"Such positive words coming from you."

"I could be worse." He laughed lightly as the male in front of him gave him a slight glare.

"Alright. I'm ready to go."

"About time." Seunghyun said as he grabbed his own jacket from the chair he had draped it over when he came over. "Your hair is perfect. It always is, isn't it?"

There was no reply to that statement as the male fussled his hair a bit longer before following Seunghyun to the front door. Seunghyun understood his friend's nerves perfectly and it had taken Seunghyun aback to see how affected he was by the start of this new relationship. Seunghyun had been with him for most of his longest relationships and he was certain that this was the only one where he was 'unnerved' as he was.

"Okay, I'm ready." The male stated, standing stiff straight like a wooden post for Seunghyun to check him up and over.

This was another thing about his dear friend. Once he worries about his appearance, though he usually never would, he would nit pick every aspect of his outfit before he deemed himself ready to go out. It didn't help that he was going out for a first date either so not only did he had to approve of the outfit himself, he also had to have a friend like Seunghyun to approve of it as well.

Seunghyun decided to give him an open comment since he made him wait so long.

"Jiyong...you're an idiot."

Seunghyun laughed as a shoe was chucked at him.

Yes, an idiot indeed.

It took Kwon Jiyong 10 years to finally work the courage to ask Kim Taeyeon out.