Crack

Mine

Tiffany couldn't believe the weeks that flew by. To her, it felt like just yesterday when she re-called the night where her and Seunghyun spoke freely that lead to the comfortable friendship they had now. It wasn't the night they were able to break the ice between them though...it was the next night after when Tiffany had the chance to meet the group again. While the both of them appreciated an alcoholic drink here and there, they weren't really heavy drinkers unlike their group mates. On the night of, they were all on celebrating after the promotions for SNSD were about to end and had ended up at a private night club in Gangnam.

Most of the girls and the rest of the boys besides Seunghyun, went wild that night and requested an open bar. A lot of their mutual friends had shown up as well and partied the night up with them. Tiffany and Seunghyun though, being the ones of the few who were the odd ones out and chose not to drink as much had ended up talking about everything and nothing. It was funny what a little alcohol could do to help a person open up and that was what they had ended up doing.

One thing was never mentioned that night, however. The incident. Tiffany decided that it was in their interest to never bring it up since everything was going so well between them. No need to bring up a past incident to ruin the peaceful air around them right?

So, that was what happened.

SNSD's promotions had ended shortly after that and this had allowed Tiffany more time to join the group for day trips since her only work at night had been the radio shows. Since spending more time with them, Tiffany realised how much she had missed out while working so much.

Going out with the group made her happy and she was excited to see how wonderful the relationship between Taeyeon and Jiyong were progressing. It also helped that the more time she spent with Seunghyun in a group setting, made the frustration she harboured in the past slowly ebb away. She didn't have to remind herself to act nice and show patience anymore. It made talking to him easier.

Tiffany could see what a different person he was after actually getting to know him. While that one incident had shaped an entirely different view of him in her head, learning about everything else made her realise how he wasn't like that at all.

Seunghyun took care of his friends and while he wasn't abrupt with his feelings or decisions and thoughts, he showed it through his actions and gesture to which she definitely admired. At times, Tiffany could admit that she was loud and brash with her feelings and the way she acted towards certain things.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Seunghyun asked as he passed a water bottle to her and the others who didn't go to get popcorn before settling down in the seat beside hers.

"I was wondering when you would be back since I was dying of thirst!" Tiffany joked as she uncapped the top and took a long drink. "Where's yours?"

"I didn't have enough room in my arms and the bag to grab more without dropping all of them." Seunghyun answered sheepishly as he glanced at the theatre screen to see that the trailers were still playing before turning his attention back to her.

"Have some of mine then." Tiffany offered as she nudged the uncapped bottle in front of him.

It was a long moment of him staring at the bottle before he raised his eyes to meet hers again.

"I don't have any germs." She smiled when he finally took the bottle from her fingers before taking a drink.

"Or maybe just a little." Tiffany teased when the bottle left his lips and he choked slightly at the comment.

"Thanks." Seunghyun glared half heartedly as he cleared his throat, passing the bottle back to her so she could cap it.

"You're welcome." Tiffany laughed as he coughed once more before his throat finally settled.

"Get it while it's hot!" Sunny said as she came down the aisle before passing a bag of popcorn to Taeyeon who was with Jiyong before sitting down between Tiffany and Seohyun who sat next to Daesung. Seungri came from the other side and passed some popcorn down to Youngbae and Hyoyeon while taking the seat between Seunghyun and Yuri. "Extra butter for you, Tiffany!"

"Thank you!" Tiffany grinned as she grabbed the bag from her friend while the red-head shared her own bag with Seohyun and Daesung.

"Here are some napkins." Seunghyun offered as he reached over to place it into her cup holder as the one between them was occupied by the water bottle.

It took all the strength Tiffany could muster to hold herself back from leaning into his body and taking in the smell of the natural musky cologne he used. Why did some people have to smell so good? She could also smell the light scent of the soap he used from what was probably his shower.

"Thanks." Tiffany murmured as Seunghyun pulled back and settled in his seat once again, turning a bit to speak with Seungri for a moment before turning back towards her again.

"Seungri has other snacks as well if you're ever bored with the popcorn." Seunghyun told her as she popped a few of the buttery pieces into .

"I'll keep that in mind." Tiffany smiled as she continued with her popcorn. "Glad we're all well prepared!"

"Can't let you or the other girls starve, right?" Seunghyun teased. "We are the gentlemen here."

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Tiffany batted offhandedly as Seunghyun took it up a notch by bringing up her water bottle and uncapping it.

"Take a drink of water before you die of thirst, your majesty." Seunghyun offered as he held out the water bottle out in both palms and dropping his head down, tucking his chin in.

"What a wonderful peasant you are." Tiffany joked as she played along, laughing at his incredulous expression. Taking a sip from the bottle, she laid the bottle back into his hands.

"I'm your right hand man, not your peasant." Seunghyun scoffed as he put the cap back on and placing it back in the holder between them.

Tiffany laughed as he sulked in his seat by the comment. Just as she was about to say something, the theatre pitched black to announce the finish of the trailers and that the movie as about to show. Changing her mind about teasing him again, Tiffany offered instead, "I'm sorry, have some popcorn!"

There was pause before his answer came.

"I'll forgive you this time." Seunghyun whispered, just as the movie came on which unabled them to talk any longer.

Tiffany only smiled as she handed him the bag before slouching slightly in her seat to sit comfortably.

It was only a few minutes after the start that she felt him place an elbow on the arm rest she was using, their arms touching as they both watched on.

She didn't mind one bit.

 

 

 

"Can't you spend just one weekend with me?" Insung asked as he followed her into the bedroom they shared.

It had taken her a little under 15 minutes to pack and she was already in a hurry.

"We spent the last weekend together." Hyojin replied as she threw her toiletries into the bag as well before zipping it up tightly, turning around to grab her jacket off the bed.

"Correction. We spent the last Saturday together and that was only for three hours." Insung countered while she wrapped a scarf around her neck.

"I'll make it up to you." She said, trailing off slowly as she gathered her bag, phone, and passport.

"That's what you said last week."

"What do you want me to do?!" Hyojin snapped, turning around to finally face him before meeting his eyes dead on. She flinched internally at the pain that shone in his eyes. "I can't drop my schedule."

"I just want you to make an effort to see me." Insung responded, his tone raising just slightly. "I barely see you for a few hours and I can tell you're not resting properly or eating like you should."

"The filming schedule won't allow me to do that just yet, you know that!" Hyojin argued, bring her hands to her face from the frustration. "I'm already late."

"If you won't see me, at least take care of yourself." Insung didn't even expect a reply as he turned around to head back out of the room.

It was her quivering voice that stopped him just before he left the room.

"I'm sorry." Her voice was unstable and he could hear her efforts to stop her tears. "It's not that I won't, or don't want to see you. I can't and I don't know how to fix that without disappointing you. The schedule is just so packed...and..."

Her voice became muffled and words slurred as her tears continued to stream down her face.

Insung took a few deep breaths before turning back around and making his way towards her, pulling her into his arms as her shaking hands slowly wrapped around him. Her face was buried in his chest as he spoke.

"If you can't, then you can't. I won't expect more than what you're capable of." Insung soothed as he used a hand to her hair while the other arms held her tighter. "I just don't like you making promises and then walking out on them...and me...without an explanation."

"I know. I'm sorry." Hyojin muffled as her crying started to settle down into slight hiccups.

"Let's just stay like this for awhile, okay?" Insung asked as she nodded 'yes' to his suggestion, hugging even tighter as he kissed her forehead.

"I missed you."