The Past

Mine

Seunghyun knew exactly how his heart felt and what his mind told him not to do when their eyes met.

His body was struck stiff and his heart was pleading with him to stand up to go and talk to her. His mind however, was trying to tell him the logical route of things and that he shouldn't be too brash with his actions. This was the same person who had stood him up after all.

Seunghyun had waited outside the building for hours while waiting for her to show up. She never came out and never met him at the spot he had asked her to. It had frustrated Seunghyun that she had not shown up and it had embarrassed him in a general sense that something like that had happened. Seunghyun knew he had been pulling a leg to ask her out over a moment's glance but at that time, it had felt like eternity.

Something had passed during that moment and he had been determined to figure out what and where it would lead to.

However, it was obvious then that she didn't feel or look at it the same way and had decided to put him down in the worst way possible.

She stood him up.

Seunghyun never saw it coming and he should've known better. Definitely should've known better...

Letting out the breath Seunghyun didn't know he had been holding, he gave her a small smile before turning his gaze back towards the television.

He definitely needed something to distract him from those beautiful eyes.

 

 

 

Tiffany couldn't understand it.

She had played the scene in her mind from Wednesday night over and over again but she couldn't make any sense of it. Not only was he taking up her dreams, he also kept her from sleeping. What was up with this man?!

Tiffany had tried to act friendly that night of course and greeted everybody in the room properly...but the only thing he did was smile at her before turning back towards the television. No...'Hello', or 'How's it going', or 'Long time no see!' or even the most impossible, 'Sorry for calling you out to meet up but never show up at all!'

Yeah, that's right. One incident in the past had been putting her up in a tizzy up until now. It wasn't that Tiffany was always thinking about him or that she was madly in love with him. No. It wasn't anything like that at all. Seunghyun was intriguing of course, and she definitely wanted to know him better after their 'encounter' on stage. She just didn't like to be played or made a fool. If someone was going to set up a time and place up to meet up with her, she expected the person to show up.

Tiffany had waited for three hours backstage like a idiot while everybody else had packed up and left. One hour should've warned her and two was already pushing it...

However, she had stayed for three hours. Waiting.

Obviously, she should've checked earlier to see if he was still in the building. However, she had only made a move after the three hour mark was up and when she asked the clean up crew, she had found out everybody had left already and the ones that stayed behind were prepraring for another filming. Seunghyun, whom she had thought was busy or held up, had apparently already left the building ages ago.

Tiffany didn't expect a profession of love or a magnificent, wonderful date. She expected the commitment and reliability of the person who had asked to meet her. And if they didn't or couldn't make it, she expected some kind of explanation or apology. She didn't get either and it had hurt. To Tiffany, it felt like she wasn't even worth an explanation or apology.

She wasn't even able to bump into him or see him again after the incident and with no word or hide from him, it was impossible to get a reason why. They weren't close. They didn't have much mutual friends and it would seem weird to ask them for his number.

As if she didn't look desparate enough standing there for three hours...

It had taken her awhile to get over the hurt and even more to barely even dream of him...but since the time she saw him again, it had came back full force. Tiffany wasn't the type to hold grudges and she was angry at herself for even having these feelings or thoughts.

They never promised each other anything. She knew she sounded like an obsessed fan girl if she talked about her problems publicly. They shouldn't be problems in the first place.

Groaning in her hands, Tiffany declared to herself mentally.

This was a new start. Pretend nothing happen...just like he did.

Be nice. Smile. Make conversation...and move away.

That's it.

She could do it.

She could.

She would.

She will.

 

 

 

"What's wrong?" Insung asked as he walked into the studio to find Miyoung, or known as Tiffany, muttering to herself with her head laid down against the table in front of their station. He had made it a habit to call her by her birth name, knowing how much she would cringe by even just the first word coming from his lips. It was a pretty common tease that went around the production team when it came out in the open.

"Men are frustrating." Miyoung had said slowly after pausing for a bit, raising her head to greet him professionally before putting her head back down.

"Well if it isn't your lucky day. That's our main topic today." Insung grinned as he took a seat next to her before getting the equipment ready. "How to deal with frustrating men. We have a lot of callers waiting on the line already with their questions."

"How am I suppose to give advice when I can't even deal with that type of situation on my own? You must be joking!" Miyoung groaned as she slapped a hand to her face, the long sleeve to her blouse coming down loosely to cover her eyes.

"Giving advice is just a part of it. It's more for discussion with the callers and how their opinions towards the topic might affect ours...or how ours will affect theirs. You know that." Insung moved his chair back to grab his ear piece as Miyoung sat up straight while their crew filled in the room opposite of theirs through the see-through glass.

"I know. I'm just frustrated." Miyoung claimed before looking at him fully. "I apologise if I might be a nuisance tonight."

"Strange how you're saying that now when you've been a nuisance every night since this radio program started." Insung laughed as Miyoung gave him the most of a murderous look she could muster.

"Ready?" One of the crew members asked as their question was played through an intercom.

Giving the crew the A-okay with his finger gestures, Insung put on a face before starting warmly, "Thank you for listening into 'It's okay, that's life.' This is your host, Jo Insung and..."

"Tiffany." Miyoung continued as the radio show began.

This was their project.