C h a p t e r 5 (Final)

Love Is Love

“MinHyuk, you and _______ are fairly close,” Mrs. Lee mentioned.  MinHyuk was in the kitchen doing his homework while his umma was cooking dinner.

“Yeah you can say that,” he said.


“You like her?”  MinHyuk put his pencil down and looked at his mother.

“Umma even if I do like her, things wouldn’t work out,” he said.

“What makes you say that?”

“Who knows where I’m going to college,” he started.  “I’m working my off for scholarships and everything.  A job is impossible for me to get alone so I wouldn’t be surprised if a scholarship is that hard also.”

“MinHyuk,” his umma said sternly.  “I know college isn’t the reason.”  He sighed and stood up.

“I’ll be fine.  Don’t worry about it.”

“Hey!  Where are you going?” she asked.

“I’ll be back later,” he answered.  Mrs. Lee sighed.

“This child,” she muttered as she stirred the stew.

MinHyuk took in the cold air.  He shivered and continued walking to the bus stop.  It has been a couple of months since his encounter with EunSung.  It has also been a couple of months since he spent time alone with you.  After school, you two would usually just head back home together.  Yukwon would insist MinHyuk to invite her to a few hangouts but other then that, MinHyuk avoided you.  At school, he would watch you spend time with MinHo and eventually, you were with MinHo and his four friends.  He ruffled his hair.  He pictured your sad eyes and pouty face.

“MinHyuk!”  MinHyuk went back to reality.  He turned around and saw EunSung running to him. “Finally.  I was calling you for like ever.”

“What is it?” he asked coldly.


“I know a lot has happened.  Everything was my fault and…”

“Look, I’m over it,” MinHyuk confessed and gave her a soft look.  EunSung smiled.  “So what’s up?”

“Wanna double date?” she asked.  “I’ve noticed you and _______.  And I mean, I thought it would be fun and all.”  MinHyuk shook his head.

“She’s not my girlfriend,” he said.  EunSung had a shock look.

“Really?  You two seem like you are dating!”

“People like her and people like me usually don’t work out.”  EunSung’s face suddenly shows irritation.  She punched his shoulder that had him yelp in pain.  “What was that for?!”

“You are stupid!  Just because she’s rich?  You are really dumb.”  MinHyuk sighed.

“Bye EunSung!”

You went downstairs once you were called for dinner.  You noticed something a little off once you sat down.

“Where’s MinHyuk?” you asked.

“He decided to go out for some fresh air,” his umma answered.  You slightly pouted and nodded.  “He should be fine _______.  High school is ending in a few months and everything.”  You nodded.

“That’s true.  Mrs. Lee?” you asked and gestured her to move closer to you.  “What’s MinHyuk’s favorite dessert?  I wanna make him something so he wouldn’t super stressed.”  Mrs. Lee smiled.

“Blueberry cheesecake. If you want, we can make some after dinner.”  You smiled happily.

“That sounds like an awesome idea!”

It was dark outside. MinHyuk looked at his watch. 11:40PM.  Slowly, he headed back home.  He entered inside and immediately heard soft breaths.  You looked at the couch to see you curled up on the sofa. In front of the sofa there was a table with two slices of blueberry cheesecake.  His eyes widened at the sight.  ‘She made this?  And waited for me?’ he questioned himself.  He was about to shake you awake, but you seemed too peaceful.  He sighed and sat down next to your sleeping figure.  He took the plate and ate the cheesecake.  He smiled and continued to finish the slice.  Once he did, he gently picked you up and carried you to your bedroom. You gently tucked you in and caressed your hair.  He listened to you muttering something before you shifted your position to the side, facing him.  He smiled and kissed your forehead before leaving the room quietly.  He quietly closed the door, but the sound of footsteps coming his way scared him.  He turned around and sighed in relief to see Mr. Kim.

“She fell asleep downstairs,” he said.  “I-I didn’t want her to be uncomfortable on the couch.”  Mr. Kim chuckled.

“Thank you, son,” he said. MinHyuk smiled.  “I like you for my daughter, too.  You make her happy in a way we never see before.”  MinHyuk was speechless.  “I started out below from where I am now.  Her mother inherited all of this and trust me, it was a struggle to get her parents’ approval but we worked for it.”  Mr. Kim observed him and gave a light smile.  “It’ll work out.  Goodnight.”  MinHyuk just watched him enter inside his bedroom.  He took a quick look at your closed bedroom door before going downstairs.

It was the next morning. You slowly opened your eyes and stared at your white ceiling.  Immediately, you sat up really confused.  ‘But I was on the sofa waiting for…’  Your eyes widened.  ‘Did he come home?’  You scrambled out of bed and fixed your hair while walking down the stairs.  You rubbed your eyes as you entered the kitchen to see your parents and MinHyuk’s parents chatting and eating.  Mrs. Lee saw you and smiled.

“Breakfast?” she asked. You smiled.

“Did-Did MinHyuk come home last night?” you asked slowly.

“He did,” Mr. Kim answered. “He even carried you to your bedroom.” You blushed.

“He’s somewhere around this house I believe,” Mrs. Lee said.  “But sweetie, eat some breakfast.”  You nodded and sat down next to your mother.

“________, the cheesecakes you made last night were delicious,” her mother said.  Your eyes brightened up.

“For real?!” you asked excitedly.  The parents chuckled which made you smile.  The door opened, revealing MinHyuk.  You blushed.  He wore a black wife-beater shirt with a pair of dark blue jeans and black New Era shoes.

“Breakfast!” his umma chirped.  He smiled and sat down in front of you and scarfed down the food.

“Wow, what did you do this morning?” his appa asked.

“Did some things with the guys,” he answered once he swallowed his food.  “_______~ah, we’re all gonna meet up again.  You should come.”  You nodded in response.  “Cool. Be ready in two hours.”

“Okay.”

You stood in your closet for a good ten minutes, still wondering what to wear.  You looked at your watch and pouted.  ‘He’s gonna be annoyed at me,’ you thought; realizing you only have twenty more minutes to get ready.  You heard a knock at your door.

“Come in!” you answered. The door opened and you saw MinHyuk in front of your closet.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Wondering what to wear,” you answered with a shrug.  He let out a sigh.

“Is this the reason why girls wake up super early before school?” he asked.  You nodded.  You turned to look at him.  The only thing he changed was his shirt.  Instead, he wore a black V-neck shirt with a black leather jacket over.  You smiled.  “You have an idea.”


“Yes I do.  Girly?  Or not so girly?”

“Not super girly.” You nodded.  You walked around a grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans. You found a loose white shirt and an oversized white, gray, and black plaid button up.  You pushed MinHyuk out and changed.  He sat on the corner of your bed like last time and played around with his phone.

Why does she always take forever??? =.=  -Yukwon

She needs ideas on what to wear first. –MinHyuk

“How do I look?” you asked. MinHyuk looked up and smiled.  You put on a black beanie and added a long army green jacket to stay warm.  You had on a pair of black converse.

“Amazing,” he answered. “Let’s go.”

“Where are we going anyway?” you asked as you two walked to the bus stop.

“You’ll see.”  When you two got off the bus, MinHyuk held your held, interlacing his fingers to yours.  You blushed and felt your rate sped up.  You were behind MinHyuk.  You looked up at the back of his head.  The walk was fairly quick.  From a distance, you can see the other guys waving at your direction.  You laughed seeing JiHoon jumping up and down frantically and Zico and Kyung started to push each other.

“Silly oppas,” you commented.  They lead you to the park where a fair was occurring.  Before entering, you had to pay for a bracelet for free access of activities or tickets.  Before you were able to take out your wallet to pay for the both of you, MinHyuk handed you a neon green bracelet.  “W-What?”

“It’s yours,” he said and put it on your hand.  You smiled and put it on.

“Thank you oppa!”  You exclaimed.  MinHyuk let out his big smile.  ‘I get to be called oppa,’ he thought happily. You saw that smile and you were even happier that he didn’t even try to hide it.  You lead the group and headed to all the game stands.  You stopped a basketball one.  Everyone else separated from and you MinHyuk and played their own games.  You turned to him.  “Wanna play?” MinHyuk nodded and took his wallet out. You beat him to the paying before he could pay for the both of you.

“_______!”

“Just this time,” you said and took the basketball.  MinHyuk smiled and started to shoot the ball in the basket. “I’m going to beat you!”  In the end, MinHyuk beat you by five points.  It was enough to win a small prize.  He smiled and pointed to the small, blue monkey.

“Here you go,” the man said.

“Thank you.”  MinHyuk pout his arm around you and handed you the monkey.  “For you.”  You happily accepted the monkey and hugged him.

“Thank you oppa!”

By nighttime, the guys suggested to go on the Ferris wheel.  You were excited.  You and MinHyuk entered in one cable; Yukwon, Zico, and Kyung in the other; JaeHyo, JiHoon, and TaeIl in the next.

“Wow~ look at all of the people!” TaeIl squealed.  The guys laughed.

“Like really,” Yukwon responded.  “They look like tiny little ants from here.”  They all turned to Zico who immediately shrieked.  He gave Kyung a look.

“Don’t shake it!” he yelled.  Kyung laughed and used his arms to block his body from his punches.

“Oppa, this is so cool,” you said.  You looked up and smiled widely.  “The stars are so noticeable from up here!”  MinHyuk looked up and smiled.

“They really are,” he replied softly.  You rested your head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around your shoulders to keep you warm and closer.  “_______, I was wondering…”  You looked up at him in curiosity.  “Be my girlfriend?”  Your eyes widened and you sat up straight.  He looked at you with worried eyes.  “If you don’t want to, I understand.”


“Is this the MinHyuk I know?” you asked. “Someone who can seem cool but once you get to know him is someone so kind, sweet, cute, and romantic?” MinHyuk nodded.


“I quit smoking for you,” he said.  “It was worth it.”  You smiled and leaned towards him and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“Yes.”  MinHyuk looked at you with big, shocked eyes; his mouth slightly open.  You giggled and kissed him more.  MinHyuk smiled and in the kiss and kissed you back in return. Fireworks suddenly shot up in the sky, causing you two to break the kiss.  You two smiled and held each other.  “What a perfect way to end this night.”

“We need girlfriends you guys,” JaeHyo whined.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this mini story! Sorry that it took me forever to post this chapter too. I really wanna write a new one too! So hopefully I post another story soon :)