C h a p t e r 4

Love Is Love

A knock on your door was heard.  You put your headphones around your neck as you walked to open the door.

“Jeez, do you put that thing on loud?  I think the whole neighborhood could hear me knock this damn door,” MinHyuk said.  You made face and was about to shut the door, but he held it open.

“What?” you asked. MinHyuk cleared his throat.

“Tonight Yukwon is having a small party,” he mentioned.  “I want to invite you to come with me.”  Your eyes slightly widened at his invitation.  You opened the door and gestured him to come inside.

“Help me find an outfit,” you said and dragged him to your closet.  His eyes widened.  You had a walk in closet that just seemed like a store.  You looked at his shock expression and laughed.  “I love that look.  It suits you.”  MinHyuk let out a few coughs before he composed himself.

“Just dress casual,” he said.

“Yeah but…”  You stopped at a floral skirt and shook your head. “It has to be the outfit.  Besides, I only know of your friends.  I never met them before.”

“You make it sound like you’re my girlfriend meeting my friends.”

“Well either way, I need to look nice no matter how casual the occasion is.”

“Well you better hurry. Yukwon wants me to be there in 40 minutes,” he said as he looked at his watch.  Your eyes widened.

“What are you wearing?” you asked.  MinHyuk rolled his eyes.

“This.”  You looked at his simple, casual attire.  He wore black skinny jeans, a white crew neck shirt with a blue ed, half sleeved shirt over.  He held a black and white cap in his hands.  You smiled.  MinHyuk watched you as you took out a pair of black combat boots, a black skater skirt, a white, loose knitted long sleeve, and maroon scarf.  You smiled in satisfaction and kicked him out of the closet. MinHyuk looked through his phone while you were changing.

Hurry up! –Yukwon

She takes forever to change… -MinHyuk

The door opened and you were finally ready.  MinHyuk looked up and his eyes slightly widened.  He saw looked at the added headband he bought you, a necklace and a few bracelets, and he noticed you wore a pair of sheer black stockings.  ‘MinHyuk, she dresses like this all the time!’ he screamed in his head.

“How do I look?” you asked curiously with big eyes.  ‘Beautiful.  Gorgeous. Breath taking,’ he thought. MinHyuk stood up.

“Beautiful,” he said. His simple answer made you blush and smile.  “Let’s go.” You nodded and followed him out.

Laughter was heard when you two walked inside the house.  Yukwon turned around and jumped up to the two of you.

“Finally!” he exclaimed.


“This girl takes forever to get ready,” MinHyuk pointed out.  You stuck your tongue out at him but once you face Yukwon, you bowed.

“Hi,” you greeted. “I’m Kim ________.”  Yukwon smiled.


“Kim Yukwon,” he responded.  “Make yourself at home.  Food is in the kitchen and we’re all in the game room.  And _______, you look very cute today.”  You smiled and said thank you.  You looked up at MinHyuk who seemed a bit off to you but to everyone, he was composed as ever.

“Let’s eat?  Or join them?” you asked.  MinHyuk sighed and walked to the game room and you followed behind.  MinHyuk sat down on the couch but you stood by the entrance.  Your left hand held your upper right arm.  The couch was full and because of the unfamiliar people, you immediately felt nervous.  MinHyuk looked at you and felt slightly bad.

“_______~ah, sit next to me!” Yukwon suggested.  Yukwon patted an empty spot next to him.  You brightly smiled and sat down next to him.  “Guys this is Kim ________.  MinHyuk invited her.  _______, this is JaeHyo, JiHoon, TaeIl, Zico, and Kyung.”

The rest of the night was full of laughter.  You easily loosened up the rest of the guys and joked around.  MinHyuk watched you with a soft smile.  He enjoyed seeing the smile on your face and he loved how easily you were able to interact with his friends.  You, JaeHyo, and Zico battled in eating the most hot dogs.  You beat JaeHyo but by a couple but Zico kept going.


“Yeah hyung!  You go!” JiHoon cheered.  You drank your water and cheered Zico on.

“Ugh!  I feel like I’m gonna die!!!” he exclaimed and plopped his head on the table.  Your phone vibrated and you immediately checked it to find a text message from your appa.

Are you with MinHyuk? –Appa

Yes -_______

The doorbell suddenly rang. Yukwon got up to answer the door. A girl with long, blonde hair stood outside.  She wore a simple black dress with a pair of black boots.

“Oh, EunSung.  I thought you weren’t coming,” Yukwon said.

“I got back early from the party and decided to drop by.  Plus, I want to meet that new kid you were talking about,” she said. Yukwon chuckled and welcomed her in.

“Our friend brought his girl also,” Yukwon mentioned.  He leaned in closer to her.  “She’s Kim ________.  The daughter of the fashion owners.”  Her eyes widened.


“That’s amazing.”  Once they entered the kitchen, EunSung’s eyes widened. “O-Oppa…”  The room became silent.  MinHyuk’s gaze turned to EunSung.  His eyes widened.  You watched the two but you mainly paid attention to MinHyuk.  ‘He knew her?’   You slowly felt a bit upset as you kept looking at MinHyuk.  EunSung ran to him and hugged him tightly.  “I missed you.”  MinHyuk shook himself back to reality and pulled her away.

“_______, let’s go,” MinHyuk said.  He held your wrist and dragged you out with him.

“Bye guys!” you said.

“Bye~!”

MinHyuk continued to drag you around.  You struggled out of his grasp as you felt his grip become tighter and tighter.

“Ouch, MinHyuk!” MinHyuk immediately stopped and let go of your wrist.  You rubbed your wrist and looked at him.  “What was that about?  You like freaked out and you never freak out.”

“Your appa wanted you home,” he lied.

“No he doesn’t.  He just asked me if you were with me,” you replied.  He stayed silent.  “You don’t have to tell me.  Just…MinHyuk?”  Slowly, MinHyuk looked at you.  You gave him a soft smile and placed a hand on his shoulder.  “I’m here for you when you need me.  Even if it’s just company.”  MinHyuk gave you small smile and planted his hand on top of yours.

“Wanna find a place to eat? My treat.”

“For real?!”  MinHyuk chuckled with a nod.  “But it’s almost midnight.”

“There’s a place that is definitely open.”

“Let’s go to a convenience store and buy ramen!” you said excitedly.  MinHyuk smiled.

“You sure?  We can have something else.”  You nodded happily.

“You can buy me ramen, a drink, and a cookie.  Now let’s go!”  You grabbed his hand and walked around to find the closest store.  You started to tell him a random occurrence of your childhood. MinHyuk would let out a soft laugh every now and then.  “I swear I’m accident prone and it sort of but it does make funny stories. Oh!  And I owned this turtle…”  MinHyuk smiled.  ‘She sure knows how to bring me back up,’ he thought happily.  He looked up and stopped walking, causing you to stop also.

“This place looks good,” he said.  You nodded in agreement.  You looked at the flavors of the different ramen.  MinHyuk quickly picked his ramen and drink.  He watched you look at the different flavors.  He walked next to you and pulled out a flavor.  “You’ll like this.  I get this all the time.”

“So impatient…” you mumbled real quietly while you headed to where the drinks were.  You smiled to see banana milk.  You grabbed the banana milk and turned around to see the cookies. You took a big chocolate chip cookie and went up to the register where MinHyuk was waiting.  “Thank you, MinHyuk.  You’re the best.”  MinHyuk smirked and paid for the food.

“You two are adorable,” the man said.  “I haven’t seen a love like that in a while.”  The two of you looked at each other and immediately looked away.  The man chuckled and watched you two blushed. “Enjoy.”

“Thank you,” you two said before heading outside to eat.  It was silent.  The comment the man made left you speechless.  As you ate, you would take quick glances at MinHyuk.  You made a quick little face since his expression never changed.

“You like it?” he asked. You looked at him and smiled.

“I love it,” you replied.

“Why are you so quiet? Too shock in love to say something?” MinHyuk teased.

“Psh, love?  I don’t know what you’re talking about,” you said back in a flustered way.  MinHyuk chuckled and finished the soup from his ramen.  You started to eat your cookie.

“The girl’s name is Park EunSung,” MinHyuk said.  “We used to date for about a year.  That was two years ago, however.  She ended it since she transferred high schools.  Apparently she was with someone and planned to end it with me but just didn’t know how to end it.  I was just really shocked when I saw today because I never thought that I would see her again.”

“Do-Do you still feel the same towards her?” you asked curiously.  MinHyuk shook his head.  “Really?” MinHyuk nodded.


“At least seeing her today, I know I don’t her the same.”  Your eyes widened.

“You like someone else!” you exclaimed.  MinHyuk chuckled.

“Finished with your food?” he asked.  You nodded. “Okay, we should head back home.”

“But I don’t want this night to end,” you blurted out.  Your eyes widened.  “I-I mean…I-I-I was having fun and it’s fun spending time with you and…”

“________, we can spend time another day,” he said and walked ahead.  You pouted.

“Something’s up in that head of yours,” you said before you followed along.