Sprouting Friendship?

Housemates?

#

 

 

"Unnie, I'm going to hang out with Jungwha today!"

 

Yes, yes. You may invite her home. Nah, you must. I nodded. She'll never get drunk today, 'cause Jungwha the Smart Kid won't let Heeyeon drink. I was really happy with the fact that I do not have to drag Heeyeon to her room today.

 

"...Tired. Maybe I'll get some rest..."

 

I ate some noodles and sneaked into Heeyeon's room. I shouldn't do this kind of thing, but Heeyeon gets into my room even when I'm changing my clothes. I'll just think we're really frank with each other.

 

At a look I could see her room was freaking dirty. I guess she doesn't clean, as expected. On her room was a half-read comic book and a journal. I picked one of the comics in her bookcase and read it.

 

"Oh god."

 

A hard gore comic in all technicolor. God, why is the first page always color-printed? Astounded, I threw the book away. Why on earth is she reading this kind of...

 

I searched for comics which would be considered normal, but they were all six of one and half-a-dozen of the others. I picked up the lesser evil and read it, well, to my surprise, it did have some morals and values. So you're reading those kind of serious comics as a teacher's pet? I put the book back and looked at the shelf. On the shelf was the chocolate I gave her before. Cute.

 

Oh, by the way, she called me a kidult for building with Legos and a game geek for playing Diablo. I gotta pay it back. You're doomed, Heeyeon. Heh heh.

 

#

 

 

"...But what's interesting aside from that?"

 

...Pardon?

 

"Hey, hey. Violent comics aren't good for your mental health."

 

"But you play killing and fighting kind of games, too. And I don't only read those kind of books."

 

As she talked, she pulled the books out of her bag. The books were something nerdy like, "The Prince," "Justice: What's the Right Thing to Do?," "Symposium." She even underlined the phrases. Well-informed gore mania. Hmm.

 

"Aren't romance novels or something like that childish? I like these kind of things."

 

And she laughs. She really likes gore comics. I lost my words. At first I thought she'd like some weepy romance novels or whatever. I was absolutely wrong.

 

"...Well, as a gore maniac, please respect my taste."

 

"Eh, I've always respected your tastes. I was just joking around!"

 

I just stopped talking. Yeah, I guess we have at least something in common. Long live the geek culture! ...Just saying. Well, I don't know if she's an otaku but at least she looks like a maniac. Getting more interesting as I get to know her more.

 

 

#

 

 

After the episode I often raided into her room. If she teases me of my tastes I'll do the same too. Hey! Let's read it together!...was what I wanted to say, but gore comics are not my type and other books Heeyeon have are too nerdy to read.

 

"Wanna read?"

 

"Nope. You could read them yourself."

 

I turned my head. Looks like she's reading one of those technicolor pages.

 

"Tell me when that gory scenes are gone."

 

"Hee hee, chicken."

 

"Nope! It's just that your taste is so weird."

 

"You play slashing games. That'd be as violent as what I'm reading."

 

"Never. Your's is as a hundred times more violent."

 

I'm afraid they'll appear in my dreams. Why does she like what contraries from her appearance? I guess she'll have a unique taste in boys. Besides, she never reacted to handsome guys on television.

 

"Really? Can I play that Diabo or something?"

 

Okay, do as you please. I'll just mess around with my Legos then. I logged into my account and taught her how to play. She . I'd do better even if I hold the mouse with my foot.

 

"Phew, this is boring."

 

After something like five minutes, she turns off the computer. Girl, why it isn't fun is just because you're really, really bad at it. Heeyeon pouted, and I thought it was cute. She leans on me. Funny kid.

 

"Why? Are you gonna try some Legos? You teased me for being a kidult."

 

"Nope, I'm just gonna watch you build 'em."

 

Heeyeon snickers. Looking at her face expressions, I guess she wants to try once. I handed her a box of small Legos.

 

"Easy. Try."

 

I chuckled watching her struggle. That set was easy, but for her, I guess it wasn't. But she liked it. Welcome to the world of Legos! You'll be sorry for calling me a kidult.

 

"Whee. this is more interesting than I expected."

 

She showed her completion to me and laughed. Oh boy. Now we're not gonna make fun of each other by calling one another otakus. I felt like I got closer to Heeyeon, and I liked it.