Prelude of Misfortune?

Housemates?

#

 

 

I was right. I got close with Jungwha in no time. She was a K-Pop geek knowing all my songs, a person with an amiable character, and we had a lot in common. I even gave her my number in case she wanted to ask about my career.

 

"Oh? I'm late! Unnie, I gotta be going now. It's almost Cinderella time...Bye Heeyeon! Goodbye Unnie!"

 

Too bad, but okay. Since it's the lady's Cinderella time, she has to go.

 

"Wouldn't it be dangerous? Should I take you home?"

 

"No, it's okay. You must be really tired today-so get some rest. Goodbye!"

 

"Bye, girl!"

 

I dozed off as soon as the door shut. Whoa, how did I stay up this late? I'd better go to bed now. It's a fortune I don't have appointments tomorrow.

 

"...Unnieee."

 

I stopped to turn off the lights and Heeyeon called. What. Why?

 

"You gave your phone number to Junghwa. Give it to me, too."

 

Oh, well. We haven't changed numbers even though we were housemates. She looked a bit hurt. Hey, I'm sorry. With a sour face, I gave her my number.

 

"Nope. Hyo, Jin, Ahn. I don't like it."

 

I chuckled, watching Heeyeon changing my profile name into "Hyojin Unnie♥.“ Why does she like me so much even though I nag her so much? Except for the fact that she forgets to flush the toilet and makes a mess up in the kitchen, she's a nice girl. I smiled, and she giggles waving the phone. I guess she's a bit cute.

 

 

#

 

 

I met Solji when I was coming home from my meeting with my co-worker, Insadong Holangee.

 

"Unnie! How are you doing these days?"

 

"Hey! What's up? You look busy."

 

Bingo! When I don't have work to do I just write some notes and play Diablo, but I have to get around everywhere these days. Troublesome. If I make money with the song I'm gonna get a set of new Legos.

 

"Yeah, I'm busy. Making money but tired. How about you...?"

 

Looks happy. Yes. The damn audition ended.

 

"Done with the audition thingy! And my new vocal trainees are really nice."

 

In fact, Solji Unnie is more of a singer than a vocal trainer. She's hot, and she can definitely sing. Cheers.

 

"How's you and your roommate doing? Fine?"

 

I shook my head. After some intense nagging was a teeny tiny process, but things haven't really changed yet. I sometimes even do her dishes. Heeyeon...

 

"You'd better make the rules, okay?"

 

"Yep..."

 

"Oh! I almost forgot! Your song went through."

 

Ah yeah. I'll make some money and get out of this house.

 

 

#

 

 

"...Cold..."

 

"Come on. Can't you wait for something like, a minute after you flush?"

 

"Eeeee."

 

"Nuh-uh. You just keep forgetting."

 

This kid from that psychology department of a prestigious school is a mere child. What if she knows I'm generous to cute and pretty girls-no, she doesn't have that kind of intuition. She's quite insensitive to be a psychologist or therapist, or whatever.

 

"Yippee."

 

I almost laughed at her funny face expressions, but I resisted.

 

"Second, do the dishes right after your meal."

 

I tried to be stern, but I couldn't. She was too cute to scold. She was not that younger than me, however, her "aegyo(*acting cute)" was one-of-a-kind to me.

 

"But I'm gonna be late for school..."

 

"Then get up early."

 

"Mmm...Then can you do the dishes while I do your laundry?"

 

"If you also clean the living room."

 

"Okey doke!"

 

Satisfied, she giggled like a high school girl. Some more rules were made, and we made an agreement.

 

"I'm going to bed. You go to bed early, too."

 

"Okay!"

 

...Well, I don't think she's gonna go to bed. What on earth is that girl going to do? Though I was suspicious, I was very tired and I had an appointment with Sinsadong Holangee tomorrow, I decided to go to bed.

 

 

#

 

 

"Tada!"

 

Hey, hey. What? Heeyeon stood in front of my room, holding some paper thingy in her hands.

 

"I wrote the rules here!"

 

It was colorful to no purpose. Wanting praise she looks at my eyes. Oh god. Though I wanted to tell her that the paper is useless and the point is to keep the rules, I just her hair. Then she smiles like a praised puppy. A bit cute.

 

Heeyeon, singing while preparing for going to school. I, picking up some decent clothes and being ready. We left home together.

 

"Unnie...isn't it the first time we leave together?"

 

She likes it. I nodded. Heeyeon holds my hand. You dare? I grabbed her hand and then let it go. Her face turned pink. Interesting girl though.