Chapter 2

Always Keep The Faith

That was a time when the higher ups of SME called Yunho and Changmin and suggested them to release an album. Hearing the thoughts of being able to perform live again made Changmin felt excited. However, Yunho said,

“ Andwae yo. We can’t. We should wait for those three to come back. They probably only had a rough time. They will come back for sure.”

Changmin was surprised to hear what his hyung had said. Had his hyung been out of mind? Had his hyung realized that those three had already had a live out there? They had even released an album for God’s sake. Had they even considered about his own feelings?

No, they hadn’t. They didn’t care.

But yet, Changmin still chose to wait.

-------------------------------

                New Apartment. The company had decided that the previous apartment was too big for only the two of them so they had to moved out. It was quite big, nice, and looked cozy but there was something missing. Warmth.

                Changmin had been so occupied with his school and acting lately that he didn’t realized Yunho’s sudden change behavior. Yunho would always come home at late hours. Changmin barely saw his hyung even though they lived under the same roof. That night, Changmin heard a loud thump coming from the front door. He went out and saw his hyung lying on the floor. Drunk. Unlike him, Yunho was never a heavy drinker. Yunho never got used to drink so much. Changmin was surprised to see this sight. Was this the reason why Yunho had always come home so late?

“ Changmin-ah… Call Jaejoongie please. Tell him to make me some hangover soup and medicine. My head hurts.”

Changmin tried to take him to his room but Yunho kept talking.

“ Where is everybody Changmin-ah? Are they falling asleep already? Yoochun… Chun-ah… I saw a piano that you’ve been looking for…” .

He fell into a deep slumber after and Changmin somehow managed to get his hyung back to his room. Sighed. It was so hard. He sat on the couch, staring blankly. Usually, at this hour he would still find Jaejoong and Yoochun awake. He got up and decided to sleep. From that night, Changmin began having a nightmare. Once in a while, he would dreamed about Jaejoong , or Yoochun, or Junsu, or worse the three of them. They kept appearing in his dream. Haunting him. He missed them. So much. He missed Jaejoong’s cooking. He missed bullying Junsu. He missed Yoochun’s laugh. He missed seeing Jae umma and Yunho appa together. It was so hard to bear.

-----------------------------------

The day was growing closer. They would make a comeback as a duo. Changmin glanced at Yunho, worried. His hyung had been practised too hard lately. He’d barely even sleep.

“ Changmin-ah..”. Yunho approached him.

“ Mianhae..”

“Wae?”

“For being a bad hyung. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect the group although I’m a leader. I’m sorry”

“Hyung..”

“Changmin-ah. Let’s continue the TVXQ name. Shall we? I will always be grateful to have them in my life but now they’d left we have to continue our life as well. Ne?”

----------------------------------

“Chukae. Choikang Changmin sunbaenim hwaiting!!” Changmin smiled upon seeing Victoria’s text.

“TVXQ daebak!!! TVXQ jjang!!!” Kyuhyun texted him.

It was the comeback day. Changmin felt so nervous but still they had made a successful comeback. Junsu tweeted the day before and it caused a great commotion among their fans and his SM collegue.

“Changmin-ah.. You’ve done well”. Yunho praised him.

He could see his hyung smiled and tried to contain his feelings inside. Yunho seemed fine but Changmin knew better. Junsu’s tweet must have bothered him. Knowing that Junsu and Yunho were so close during their trainee days, Yunho must have been hurt to actually read that tweet especially when that tweet was meant for Yunho himself.

Junsu tweeted,

“Until now, I kept believing that it wasn’t true, I believed that (it) was the enemy of all five of us, but I guess it wasn’t really the enemy of all. To see that (they) expressed their gratitude to something I thought was both our enemies.. I guess a lot of things happened in the time we weren’t together. This is so tiring. I keep wanting to think, hear, and see only good things, but it’s very hard to do that today. Even though we’ve been apart, you know that wasn’t right, hyung. We thought the same. Why are you being like this.”

And what made Changmin angrier was the fans seemed to blame Yunho for that. He hated it. He didn’t like to see his hyung being blamed. He was mad. Why would everyone always try to makes things worse. He was mad at himself for not being able to prevent this things from happening. For not being able to prevent the split ups. He was so mad that he talked about something worse in the interview which he regretted later.