Love Boundaries

An Affair of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Distance doesn't ruin people's relationship but status does."

Ever since from that night, both Shin Hye and Min Ho got closer. At least they are not like before, awkward or feeling uncomfortable between the two of them. They talk, although most of the time Min Ho did all the talking, and Shin Hye just listening. But with her smiling and laughing at his jokes, is good enough, at least is good enough for Min Ho. At least, he is doing something that makes her happy and he is there to accompany her despite absence of Young Do. Shin Hye feels happier than before, for once she felt there is someone there for her, a home where she feels comfortable, a place where there is someone with her. As for Min Ho, he feels happier when he sees her smiling, and without realizing much, he started to fall for her. He will be worried when he saw her tearing or quiet the whole day and be flustered when she is happy or teasing him. Her mood affects him.

Min Ho's friend called Min Ho and asked him for a gathering. Since he is back, many of his school mates wanted to meet him. At first, he told them maybe he couldn't meet them because he didn't really want to leave Shin Hye behind since his parents are also not around. But he overheard from the maids that Young Do will be home tonight. He didn't want to be there and thinking that it will be a good time for both of them to spent together, so he went out. But without his knowing, Young Do didn't have any plan of coming home at all. So when Min Ho just got back after meeting his friends, he was surprised to see the lights were still on when it is already 11pm. He checked the house and did not see Young Do's car. He wondered what happened. 

Min Ho got in and saw the dining area's lights were still on. He went closer and saw there are many dishes on the table. To his surprise, he saw Shin Hye fell asleep on the dining table.

"Shin Hye. S-Shin Hye..."

He wakes her up. 

"Eo. Oh. Oh mo...What is the time now?" asked Shin Hye, feeling panicked. 

"Is already 11pm. Are you waiting for Hyung?" Min Ho asked. He continues after seeing the expression on Shin Hye's face, "My brother is not home yet?" He paused awhile before continues, "Have you eaten yet?" he asked.

Shin Hye didn't reply to his question. She asked him back the same question, "How about you? Y-You eaten yet?"

Min Ho replied, "Yes." But looking at her, he lied, "But I only ate little during dinner. Now I starting to feel hungry. Hm...Did you cook anything?". Although he had a very heavy dinner with his school mates but he knows that she haven't eaten dinner yet. Shin Hye smiled back at him. "Wait here." 

Within seconds, the dining tables full of dishes. Looking at the dishes cooked by Shin Hye on the dining tables, he sighed. She cooked all these for Hyung but ended up all wasted. He is not even home. Forcing a smile, he said to Shin Hye, "Wow. You are really a good chef."

Shin Hye gives him a weak smile, "Glad that you are here. Otherwise, I don't think I can finished them all and they might ended up in the bin."

"Kwenchana?" he hesitated but he still asked.

"Don't just stand there. Come. Sit and eat. Don't waste the food." Shin Hye didn't reply him. Min Ho sensed that she is trying to avoid his question. Before Min Ho speaks, she cuts in, "Try the pancake. Is my first attempt." said Shin Hye. She then puts a slice of pancake on his plate. Min Ho took a bite and looks at Shin Hye.

"Ottoke? Massitseoyo?" asked Shin Hye.

Min Ho nods his head. "Is really delicious. You should take some." He then puts a slice on Shin Hye's plate. "Eat more."

While they are both eating, Min Ho looks at Shin Hye. Although she looks fine from the outside, but he knows she is just keeping it inside. He finally gather all his courage and asked "Did Hyung came back?" He paused a while before continues, "Did you guys argued?"

Shin Hye sighed, "There is nothing to argue about. He is not even home. I don't even get a chance to meet him, how to even argue with him......" She looks at him then she placed some vegetables on his bowl, "Eat."

Min Ho smiled back at her. "Gomawo." He then looked back at her, his heart ached when he saw her just eating rice instead of the dishes. "Eat some meat. I can't finish all of these, otherwise I will gain a lot of weight." He tried to jokes to cheer her up. 

 

He asked, "What soup is this?"

"Pumpkin soup." she replied.

"Wow. It smells really good." Min Ho tells her. 

Shin Hye then asked him, "Do you want some?"

Min Ho nodded. "Yes. But with one condition." He tries to make her eat more by using some excuses. 

Shin Hye tilted her head to the left, wondering what is he saying, "Mueos?!" 

"I will take it if you take half of it. Fair and square." said Min Ho. 

"Alright. Here you go." answered Shin Hye. 

 

"Aish... I'm so full." said Min Ho while rubbing his stomach. 

Shin Hye then smiles at him, "Do you think you have space for dessert?" 

"Mueos?! Dessert?" Min Ho said it with his eyes widened. 

"Just kidding. There is no dessert." Shin Hye jokes. 

Min Ho laughed back, he , "I didn't know you jokes too." 

"Well, now that you know." said Shin Hye. She smiles at him. That smile, enough to melt his heart. 

Min Ho thanked her for the lovely meal and before he excused himself back to his room, he heard her calling him.

"Min Ho...."

"Waeyo?" he asked.

"Take this." She then passed him a thermos. 

Min Ho asked, "What is this?" 

"Chamomile tea. Is good for digestion since you have eaten so much tonight. Drink it before you sleep." said Shin Hye. As if knowing Min Ho's intention of helping her to finished up all the dishes, she made the tea for him.

Min Ho replied with an awkward smiles. "Thanks." 

"Good night." answered Shin Hye. 

~~~

Few days later, Min Ho walked passed Shin Hye's room and noticed there is a weird smell coming from her room. He knocked on the door and asked for permission to enter. When he stepped in, he saw Shin Hye at the balcony painting. 

"What are you doing?" he asked?

Shin Hye smiles and , "Is obvious of what I'm doing and you still need to ask?" She then continued, "Painting. I'm doing painting."  

"Do you like painting?" he wondered. 

Shin Hye nods her head, "How about you?"

"So so." he replied her. He continues, "So w-what are you painting?" He moves forward to see what is Shin Hye painting. 

"Tulip flowers. They are my favourite." said Shin Hye. 

~~~

*Knock* *Knock*

"Come in."

"Oh...is you." said Shin Hye. It was Min Ho. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Just packing. I have some old clothes and wanted to donate them. How about you? Not going out?" she replied while packing the clothes. 

Min Ho then passed a box for her. 

Looking shocked, "What is this?" she asked him.

"Something for you. Thanks for always making tea for me.......Er.... I saw it yesterday when I was out. I think it suits you. Hope you like it." he mumbles, looking shy and blush. 

Shin Hye gently open up the box and noticed there is a tulip flowers shape of necklace. She looks up to him, "Omo... this is beautiful..." But with hesitation, "Y-You purposedly buy this for me? I-It must be expensive!" 

"Don't worry. Is not really that expensive." said Min Ho with a smile. "D-Do you like it?" he asked her. Looking at her face expression, he doesn't know if she likes it or not. 

"Gomawo. I love it." Shin Hye replied. Shin Hye tries to put the necklace on her but she is struggling. 

"Let me help you." said Min Ho. 

~~~

Young Do : Yoboseyo.

Min Ho : Hyung.

Young Do : Is you. What do you want?

Min Ho : J-Just checking if you are home today? A-Appa wants to have a family dinner.

Young Do : I will be flying to London tonight.

Min Ho : For how long? Does Shin Hye knows about it?

Young Do : I don't think I need to report everything to her or to you at all. Is there anything else? If not, Bye.

Min Ho starting at his mobile, Young Do just hang up on him. He sighed. Just when he is about to open his room door, he saw Shin Hye standing outside. 

"S-Shin Hye..."

"You don't really have to do that. From the beginning, I already know that our marriage is just a business deal. Nothing mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter