Wedding Bell

An Affair of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I always dream myself in white this way, but why is my dream so differ from reality...."

"Ahjumma....Ottoke?" Shin Hye cried hugging her while waiting outside the operation room.

Song Ahjumma pats her back to comfort her, she is worried too. It had been nearly 1 hour since Shin Hye's Appa got sent into the operation room. She tried to calm Shin Hye, "Agasshi. Don't worry. Sajangnim will be alright. Ahjumma is here."

2 hours passed, finally the doctor came out from the operation room. Shin Hye quickly rushed forward to check with the doctor. Doctor told her that her dad got a heart attack as a result of coronary heart disease. The plaque builds up inside the coronary arteries and somehow the plaque of certain area rupture and causes a blood clot to form on the plaque's surface. Luckily Shin Hye's Appa was sent into the hospital immediately and blockage treated quickly, otherwise, it may cause more severe problem. However, she was told that he temporary needs to be in the ICU for few days to monitor his situation and also to make sure there is nothing to stress him up which could worsen his health condition. 

"Ahjumma. You go back rest first." said Shin Hye. 

"How about you? Agasshi. Are you going to wait here whole night? Doctor did said that Sajangnim will be in ICU. You should go back and rest too. You didn't even have any dinner at all." answered Song Ahjumma. 

Shin Hye with a weak smiles and says, "Kwenchana. I'm ok. There is cafetaria downstair. I can go down to eat if I'm hungry. Don't worry. I will be back if Appa is better." She called the driver and sent off Song Ahjumma back home. After sending off her, she sits at the garden, staring at the stars above the sky. "Eomma, are you going to take Appa too?" A stream of tears rolled down to her cheek. 

~~

"Omo. Are you alright?" Ji Won was shocked when she heard that Shin Hye's Appa got a heart attack. 

"Eonnie. I'm fine." said Shin Hye. 

"You know if you need anything, me and Oppa will always be there for you. Arraso?!" said Ji Won. 

"Hm. Gomawo." answered Shin Hye. 

Just then, Shin Hye got a call. It was Secretary Kim. 

 

"So you are saying that the only way to help Appa is to take over DI Corporation?" asked Shin Hye in disbelief. 

"Shin Hye. There is no other way out. I worked for your dad for years, with your dad's condition, sooner or later people will finds out, that time everything will be too late. You know everyone out there is eyeing at his position and company. You need to do something." said Secretary Kim. 

"But you know I'm not a business material. What can I do? Do you think the Board of Directors will accept me?" asked Shin Hye. 

"Maybe someone can help you." replied Secretary Kim. He continues, "I will give him a call." 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Lee-Sajangnim." Shin Hye greets politely. 

"Ah. Shin Hye-ah. Come Come. Sit down." replied Lee Sajangnim.

"Sorry to disturb you, but Secretary Kim said you can help me since you and Appa are friends since young." Shin Hye says. 

"Don't say like that. Of course I will help you especially you are Won Soo's daughter. He helped me when I was facing some financial crisis before. I was very thankful to him. What do you need me to do?" said Lee Sajangnim. 

"I think Secretary Kim already told you about Appa's condition, and now the company, I-I.....what can I do to save the company?" asked Shin Hye. 

Lee Sajangnim sighed, "There is a way but you might need to sacrifice your happiness." He continues, "This is the only solution which Secretary Kim can temporary think of and he suggested to me. Of course I want to know your opinion before making such decision." 

"What is it?" asked Shin Hye.

"Marry my son." said Lee Sajangnim. 

Shin Hye's eyes were wide and shocked. She doesn't know how to react to what she just heard. But after few seconds, she answered, "If that is the only way to save the com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter