The Deal

An Affair of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To me. To him. Our marriage is just a business deal. The only thing between us is not love but a contract. With the terms and conditions stated. Nothing else.

"Mueos?! Hyung is getting married? To who?" asked Min Ho. He was shocked to know that his stepbrother Young Do is getting married, in such a short notice period. His mother called him over on the phone and told him about the news. He is still at the states doing his summer course - Business Management. Although he and Young Do wasn't blood-related, but then he treats him as elder brother. He was happy that his step-brother is getting marry but when he knew that the marriage is part of business deal, he wasn't pleased about it. He hangs up his phone after that. 

~~

"Eonnie. I have to go to hospital to see Appa. Could you help me to collect my gown from the shop?" asked Shin Hye. She called up Ji Won for help when she couldn't make it to the shop. Ji Won helped her and went to the shop. 

 

"Oh. I'm here to collect the gowns on behalf of Park Shin Hye." said Ji Won. Just then, she heard a familiar voice talking to the shop assistant. When she turned around, she couldn't believe her own eyes. Is him. Is really him.

"Is had been a long time." The man that she saw start walking towards her. Tears were pooling in her eyes and she is trying hard to hold it back. She never thinks that she will meet him after so many years but she did. She got a shocked when she heard the shop assistant mentioned about his wedding suits is ready for fitting. So he is getting marry. To who? She wondered. Before she could says anything to him, the shop assistant asked if there is anything to alter, they mentioned about Shin Hye's gown and passed the bill to him. 

"You are marrying Park Shin Hye?" she asked. Now she finally gets the whole picture. Choi Young Do. H-He is Lee Young Do. They are the same person. All the time she didn't know that they were the same person and she never once asked the name of the person that Shin Hye is marrying. All these while she thought Shin Hye is marrying Lee-Sajangnim's son and doesn't bother who the person is because her main concern was Shin Hye's happiness. 

Just then, he asked her, "Does my answer matters to you?"

There was a moment of silence before he speaks again, "Do you miss me?" 

She was a bit taken by his question and tried to hide all her feelings. She just couldn't believe that her best friend will be marrying him, the guy which she thinks that he is the one. Without waiting further, she just grab the gown and walks out. But Young Do was faster, he stopped her from leaving and told the shop assistant to deliver all the gowns to the address and billed it to him. He then pulled Ji Won out from the shop and brings her to a cafe nearby. 

 

They are sitting opposite each other. Young Do keeps staring at her which makes her feel uncomfortable and Ji Won decided to break the silence.

"Say what you want. If not I will leave." said Ji Won firmly.

"Why did you run away?" asked Young Do. "Why?" he asked her again. 

Ji Won chuckled, "You know the answer very well." She looked away, trying to avoid his gaze. "You are getting marry and why do you bother to ask all these?" said Ji Won without looking directly into his eyes. 

"You know how much I love you and how much you meant to me. Even now, my answer will be still the same. Nothing changed." said Young Do. He grabs her hand but she moved her hand. 

"Nothing changed? You are getting married in just a week and you called that nothing changed?" Ji Won raised her voice a little. 

Young Do lets out a deep sigh, "That is just part of a business deal. Nothing more. Nothing less." 

"Business deal. Marriage with terms and conditions. This is the world that you are living. Way different from mine. You can use your happiness in exchange to gain benefits for your business but I can't. That is the different between us. From the beginning, you know clearly that you and I are from different world. We are not meant to be together." said Ji Won.

Young Do looks at her, speechless, didn't know what else to say. Then, she continues, "The person that you are marrying is my best friend. Park Shin Hye is like my sister. Whatever reason it is, I hope you treat her well. She is a nice girl, please don't hurt her. Goodbye." After saying that, she stands up and leave the place. Leaving Young Do behind. Watching her slowly disappear from his eyesights.

~~

Shin Hye : Yeoboseyo. 

Young Do : Meet me at my office in 1 hour later. 

 

Shin Hye is very worried when she got a call from Young Do, asking her to meet him at his office. Is not even time yet and he wants to see me now? Ottoke? When she reached his office, she felt even nervous than before. She knocks on the door and went in after hearing a voice from inside saying 'Come in'. Shin Hye starts stuttering in her words, "About the terms and conditions, I was thinking--" But Young Do cuts her off, "I draft another new contract. Take a look and if you have no problem, sign it." He throws the file on the table. Shin Hye picks up and reads the content of the contract, she got a shocked when she saw the terms and conditions were different from the one before. .....40% shares......DI Corporation.....He changed the terms and conditions? H-He....I don't have to give 40% shares to him? 

"T-This......" Shin Hye didn't know what to say and confused about what is happening. 

"Ha Ji Won is your best friend?" asked Young Do. 

This got Shin Hye even more confused, "Y-Yes, she is. B-But how did y-you know her?" 

"If I have a choice, the person that I want to marry is her. She is the reason why you have a new contract." said Young Do sternly. 

"Y-You and h-her....." Shin Hye was surprised that they actually know each other and from the statement that he just said, she knows well enough that their relationship is not just friend at all. 

"Sign it before I change my mind." s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter