True Friendship

An Affair of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"True friendship isn't being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes."

Envy? Jealous? Sometimes I wonder why does people get these two effects on me. Is it because I'm the heiress of DI Corporation? They actually hate me, but yet pretend to be my true friend, is this because of my family background? Eomma...do you think I will ever find my true friends? Shin Hye stares at the family photos hanging on the wall of her room, silently whispering to her mother inside her heart.

"Agassi. Dinner is ready." Ahjumma called.

"Neh. I will be down in a minute." answered Shin Hye.

Song Ahjumma, she is the 2nd most important person for Shin Hye. Besides being the house keeper, she was once Shin Hye's nanny since she was born. Ever since Shin Hye's mother died of cancer, Ahjumma becomes the closest person to her., she looks after Shin Hye. She treats her like her own daughter.

"Ahjumma. Let's eat together." asked Shin Hye when she sees only 1 set of utensils arranged on the table. 

Ahjumma smiles, "Neh. Agassi." 

 

"Appa is not eating?" asked Shin Hye. 

"Sajang-nim is meeting a client tonight. So he is not joining us for dinner." replied Ahjumma. "Is there anything? You are barely touching your food." she asked with concerned. 

Shin Hye smiles, "Ani. Probably I'm just tired. Tomorrow I have to wake up early, there is a photo shooting." 

"Photo shooting?" asked Ahjumma. 

Shin Hye nods her head, "Neh, I promise my friend that I will stand in for her as a part time model. She couldn't make it and request for my help." 

Friend....is she my true friend? She only looks for me whenever she needs my help, does this consider my true friend? 

~~

"Annyeonghaseyo. Do you know where is the Instyle Photo shooting today?" asked Shin Hye to a staff at the studio. "Turn left and the 1st room on the right." said the staff and pointing the direction to her. She walks to the direction as guided and found no one in the studio yet. She wasn't sure if this is the right place or did she actually came too early. 9.30am...Yes. How come there is no one here? Did I mistaken the date?

Just then, she heard footstep and saw a lady walking towards her. 

"Are you looking for someone?" asked Ji Won. 

Shin Hye greets her politely, "Annyeonghaseyo. I-I'm here for InStyle Photo shooting. B-But it seems like there is no one here yet."

Ji Won cuts in, "Oh. You are the part time model to replace Krystal?" 

Shin Hye answered, "Neh."

"Ah. I'm also one of the model for InStyle. We will be working together. Don't worry, the team usually came bit later than planned. Since we have some time, let me show you around." said Ji Wo.

Shin Hye thanked her and introduced herself to her. She smiles back at her, "Ha Ji Won-imnida. I think I'm definitely a sunbae to you, so you can just call me Eonnie." 

"Neh. Ji Won Eonnie." said Shin Hye. 

InStyle Director were in love with their photos, and decided to asked them to participate for few more round of their fashion photoshooting. It was then they seen each other for few times and got closer. It was the first time Shin Hye felt that she has a real friend.

~~

It was weekend and Ji Won asked Shin Hye out for a drinks. When Shin Hye reached, she couldn't see her, so she called her.

Shin Hye : Eonnie. Odiya? I'm here already.

Ji Won : Here. Here. Behind the pillar.

Shin Hye : Ah. Ara. 

As Shin Hye walks to where Ji Won is, she saw another man with her. 

"Sorry Eonnie. Did you wait long? A-And this is?" asked Shin Hye. She continues, "Eonnie's namja chingu?" 

Ji Won chuckles, "Ani. He? Don't we look alike? He isn't my boyfriend, he is my brother."

Shin Hye quickly apologized. 

"Kwenchana. I heard from Ji Won that you are her close buddy. Nice to meet you. I'm Hyun Bin." said Hyun Bin. 

"Nice to meet you." he continued. 

Since that day, Shin Hye has another real friend. It was Hyun Bin Oppa. He is few years older than them but he clicks very well with them. Most of the time, he ends up being their driver. And their friendship begins.....

~~

"Oppa. Where are you bringing us?" asked Ji Won. 

"A nice place for dinner. You will be surprised in a while." said Hyun Bin. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter