The Cold War

An Affair of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Our marriage started with a deal, and it will end the same way. Love is never the terms and conditions."

"She is my wife...."

Suddenly, a deep hoarse voice was heard. It startled them. In Shin Hye's mind, she thought she heard wrongly but as she turns her head to where the voice from, she saw a tall man standing at the kitchen door. It is really him. Young Do is back. 

"Hyung. Ah. You're back." Min Ho feeling excited to see Young Do. Just then, he recalled what Young Do said before. 

"W-Wife? Hyung. I-Is she your wife?" asked Min Ho. 

"What are you doing in the kitchen?" Young Do ignores his question, he wonders why his brother is in the kitchen with her.

"Oh. They said dinner is ready in 30 minutes but I was too hungry and thought to come here to get some snack. What a coincident!! I didn't expect that I will meet my sister-in-law here." said Min Ho with a smile, rubbing his nape. 

He then turned and looks at Shin Hye, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Min Ho, Young Do's dongsaeng. Nice to meet you. You can call me Min Ho." 

"Neh." Shin Hye smiles awkwardly as she introduced herself to Min Ho. "Nice to meet you. Please call me Shin Hye."

"Ah. Ani. Y-You are Hyung's wife, which mean I need to call you sister-in-law." said Min Ho.

But before Shin Hye could reply, Young Do cuts in, "Kwenchana. Don't have to be so formal."

Just then, Shin Hye turns and looks at Young Do, "A-Are you staying and having dinner with us?" But there is no reply from Young Do. Min Ho can sensed something is not right, so he quickly tells Shin Hye, "Since I'm back, of course Hyung will be eating dinner at home. Am I right?" He stares at Young Do with a sheepish smile. 

"Can I say no?" Young Do replied. 

"Aniyo. You can't." answered Min Ho. 

Out of the sudden, Min Ho break the silent moment. "Sis-in-law, do you need any help?" he asked Shin Hye politely. Before Shin Hye responded to him, he got dragged out from the kitchen by Young Do. "Come. Let's get out of here. Is stuffy."

~~~

"Min Ho, are you tired from the long haul flight?" asked Ki Ae. She is happy that Min Ho is back to Seoul. Finally, after all these years. Is her wish that to have dinner with Min Ho. Tonight her wish granted. 

"Ani. Eomma. I miss your home cooked food. A lot." said Min Ho. 

"Aigoo...I thought you said you love having all the western food in States? Their steak is so delicious. Isn't it?" Ki Ae  back. 

"I do. Oh Eomma, you know there is once when I really miss your home cooked food, I mistaken the Ahjumma in the food court as you. It was hilarious and quite embrassing." Min Ho was telling them his adventure and jokes. 

"Hahhahaha......Min Ho-ah....How can you do such silly things." said Ki Ae. She is laughing out loud at Min Ho's stories. Tonight dinner is slightly different from usual nights where the dinner is always quiet and just the three persons - Lee Sajangnim, Ki Ae and Shin Hye. Since Shin Hye married into the Lee's family, besides wedding dinner, never did Young Do spent a night at home. Not even dinner. But tonight, the atmosphere is different. The unusual Young Do is even back for dinner. Due to Min Ho. A dinner with laughter and smiles is what Shin Hye always wanted, and tonight was the first time she witnesses such event. Young Do is back for dinner. The dinner is no longer quiet. Laughter could be heard. Min Ho. He is the one that turns tonight into a miracle. He makes the impossible into possible.

"Eomma. Did you cook this Kimchi Jiggae? It tastes really delicious. Since when Eomma's cooking skill is this good?" Min Ho was slurping all the way with his food while praising Ki Ae of her cooking skill. 

Ki Ae smiles, "Ah. This son. It is delicious?" 

Min Ho nodded. Then, Lee Sajangnim told him that the dinner was prepared by Shin Hye. 

"Nowadays, Shin Hye cooks dinner for us." Lee Sajangnim continues. 

"Eo?! S-Shin Hye?" Min Ho in disbelief. He turned and looks at Shin Hye. 

"Aigo. Min Ho. Shin Hye is your sister-in-law, you can't just call her Shin Hye." said Ki Ae. Stealing a glance at Young Do. 

"Kwenchana." said Shin Hye.

"Ah.." Finished the whole bowl of soup, Min Ho couldn't stop praising her. "Your cooking is really good. Even Eomma's cooking skill can't beat you." Min Ho was jokingly saying. Then, he turns and looks at Young Do, "Hyung. I'm jealous of you. You got a chef as your wife. You can never go hungry." 

Just then, Young Do chuckles, "What is there to jealous about? If you got money and power, you can hire as many chef as you want. Is all about money and power that you need, am I right, my dear wife?" He slowly turns to his side to Shin Hye while saying those harsh words to her. 

Shin Hye's face suddenly turns dark and she just keep quiet. 

Young Do then says to Shin Hye, "Well, Is good that you are doing something in return for my family although it is not written on the contract." 

Shin Hye feels that Young Do is trying to insults her further. She tries very hard to hold back her tears, then she excused herself from dinner. 

"S-Shin Hye-ah...." Lee Sajangnim was calling her name. 

"Aboeji. I'm just a little tired. Don't worry. I'll be alright. Sorry. I will go back to my room first to rest." said Shin Hye and quietly leave the dining table. Ki Ae especially Min Ho got a shocked at what happened. Both keeping quiet. 

After Shin Hye left, Lee Sajangnim turns and looks at Young Do, "Young Do, Why do you do that? Do you really have to say those harsh words to her?"

Young Do chuckles, "You know very well why I do that."

"I know. I know is Appa's fault for putting you into this marriage but why are you treating Shin Hye like that? She is innocent." answered Lee Sajangnim. 

Young Do then argued back, "Is good that you know is your fault. Because of you, she will suffered. I'm full. I will go back to office." After saying that, Young Do also left. 

Ki Ae then comf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter