chapter 31

Antifan

Mir struggled under the weight that was blocking his moves, trapping lower half of his body when he saw Eunah slumped unto the floor, loosing her consciousness. "No. Noona! Noona! Wake up!" Mir tried harder but the cupboard above him was unmovable. He didn't care much about the pain but this was restricting him. Blocking him from taking Eunah out of here.

Mir reached out his hand as far as he could towards Eunah. The tips of his finger could only barely reached Eunah's curled fingers. Her hands were lying limp on the floor just like her whole frame.
Mir coughed louder when the smoke invaded his lungs. His eyes stinging from the tears and the smoke both alike. "NOONA!" He shouted in desperation but Eunah was unresponsive.

Give up... Maybe that was the only choice he had now. As he slumped back against the floor, letting only the sound of crackles of the fires burning them whole and his silent sobs accompany him, one of his hand still reached out to Eunah, he let out small breath. Give up...

Mir closed his eyes and ready to lost his consciousness. Ready to let death took him and his sister when a distant caugh disrupting the silence in the room. Mir's head shot up and he saw figure of someone walking through the thick smoke, calling his name. He recognized that voice.

"Jaebum!" He called out, hope came back into his chest as the boy walked into his sight, covering his mouth and nose from the smoke.

JB gasped when he finally saw his sunbae, trapped under a heavy cupboard. "Cheolyong hyung!" The younger boy rushed to Mir's side and tried with all his power to push away the cupboard but it only budged not even an inch before it fall back down to its original place, crushing Mir's lower half. But JB kept on trying until Mir stopped him.

"No Jaebum. There's no use. Take my sister out. Now!" He ordered.

"Wha- what about you?"

"Just leave me. My sister. My sister. Save her."

When Mir pleaded with that kind of look on his face, JB was left torn. He couldn't just leave Mir to burn in fire. And he just stood there, mind void, heart torn...

"What the hell are you waiting for? Just take her out!" Mir scolded and only then JB gave a small nod.

He went to Eunah and carried the girl easy. "I'll come back for you."

"Jaebum. Make sure nothing happen to her. No matter what. Promise me. Please?" Mir whispered pleadingly.

"I promise." JB assured and went out, leaving Mir behind. "I'll be back."

Mir nodded eventhough he knew the odd of JB coming back and was able to save him was almost to none, he felt relief washed over him as he saw the figure of JB carrying Eunah disappeared from behind the thick smoke.

Though left alone in blazing fire, a smile ghosted on Mir's lips. Eunah will live. Eunah was safe. Now, he could really give up and just let go. So Mir let his cheek rest against the warm floor and closed his eyes. Now, he could stop. And give up.

 

@@@@@

 

"Don't you dare die on me!" Mir's brain felt hazy. How long had he been lying in the fire? Was he dead? "Bang Cheolyong!" When that voice reached his ears, this time even louder, even with more urgency, Mir opened his eyes.

"Seungho hyung..." He called out weakly when he finally able to recognize the figure that was trying his hardest to push off the load on him. Mir shook his head. "No use..." He uttered. "Get out."

"I won't!" Seungho shouted back his reply. "You will fight with me. You hear me? You will fight or else-"

"Or else you will throw me into the fire yourself?" Mir cut Seungho off with small chuckle. "You always threatened to hurt me if I hurt myself. What kind of logic are you using?" Mir joked and chuckled weakly. The pain and exhaustion had worn him off. It was already amazing he was still conscious and still could have decent conversation with Seungho in this condition of his.

"You-"

Mir nodded once when he saw the question in Seungho's eyes. He didn't exactly knew when all the memories came rushing back to him in one bulk. But he did remember now. Everything. "I remember, hyung. I remember everything. So, it's okay. It's okay to give up now- Ouch!" Mir yelped when Seungho backhanded him upside on the head. "What the-" His own hand flew to cup the place that had been smacked mercilessly by Seungho.

"Give up? Like hell I'd do that! You can give up if you want to but I won't. And if I fail this fight and burn with you into ashes, it's all on you." Seungho barked and kept pushing on.

"What? How is that my fault? I just told you to get out!" Mir replied with baffled look, almost gaping like an idiot. He gaped even more when Seungho chuckled. That guy laughed? He was being serious. Get out. How difficult it was to do just that? And he still would be the one taking the blame? Not fair.

"Now I believe you've gain back your memories. You're a babo again." Seungho teased with a cheeky smile.

A moment of silent...

"You're impossible." Mir snorted. But he knew well, that was why Seungho became one of his reason to keep striving to live. The reason why he could still smile even when Jiyeon was no longer in his world. This hyung of him who never fail to make him smile and never fail to smile along with him.

So Mir started to join Seungho's fight. He tried to wiggle himself out of the death trap but the cruelty of the physic law was always there. There was no way Seungho alone could lift up such weight..

But then, just when Mir was about to tell Seungho how it was useless, Mir felt how the load was lifted up from his body for a moment. He wasn't able to react when at the same time, a pair of hands gripped on his hand and pulled him free from under the cupboard.

"I got him!" A voice piped up and Mir felt his frame being carried into bridal style. He looked up and saw Rain smiling down at him. Okay... Maybe he was dead already after all...

A loud "thunk" of the cupboard fall back against the floor and Mir turned to see GO and Sanghyun were there to help Seungho. They rushed out of the apartment, Mir secured in Rain's hold, Seungho, GO and Sanghyun trailed closely behind. Mir sniffed. These pabo... Mir let his form slumped against Rain's buffed one knowing there was nothing more he could do other than let his hyungs saved him and get him out.

Mir was tired. Really tired but he didn't allow himself to fall asleep. There was one more thing he wanted to make sure. As they got out of the building, Mir saw Joon was making a scene, probably to distract the firemen there so Rain, Seungho, GO and Sanghyun could get into into the building and get him. Really pabo... A smile grazed on his lips. How could he forget how dependable his hyungs were. Maybe he was the one who was a pabo... For trying to bear everything by himself. For forgetting how he could turn anytime to his hyungs for help. For keeping his hyungs in the dark. He was such a pabo.

Mir looked around as his eyes drooped lower. No. Not yet. He couldn't let go just yet. Just one glance. Just once... He couldn't focus much when a firefighter took him from Rain and he finally saw Eunah, there, on stretcher, wheeled into an ambulance with JB following suit, catching his gaze and nodded assuringly. JB had done exactly as he promised. Mir didn't have to worry anymore. She was safe... Only then Mir let the darkness engulfed him. She was safe...

 

@@@@@

 

"Stop!" Jr spread out his arms, trying to shield Jackson behind him. But it didn't work. Seungho and GO still advanced towards Jackson with murderous look. Jr looked towards JB for help but it seemed that the got7 leader had no sort of intention to defend Jackson as he drifted his eyes away with face sketched with disappointment.

"Let them be." Jackson put his hand on Jr's shoulder and gently pushed Jr to the side, waiting for the worst to come.

"JB-shi." Seungho called out with a low tone as he halted just a few inches away from Jackson. His eyes never left Jackson who cowered under his and GO's intense glare.

JB looked up, brows raised slightly at the mention of his name. "Yes, hyungnim?"

"Call the police." Seungho ordered, maintaining his tone.
JB swallowed and turned away when he felt Jr's sad eyes fall on him. But, he had done all he could already. He had protected Jackson and that had almost cost both Mir and Eunah's life. He had been wrong for keeping what Jackson had done a secret, for destroying the evidences. How could he repeat the same mistake again? Knowing that still didn't make it easier though.

Inhaling deeply, JB pulled out his phone when he heard Jr begged for him to not, yet he ignored it, closing his eyes and let his thumb ghosted over the screen of his phone. With just one call... Just one phone call, he would end this. He would hand over Jackson to the police and surrender himself as an accomplice. He needed to face his own punishment for hiding the crime.

All that left was to swipe the screen and made the call but the phone was taken out of his hand easily. He opened his eyes and saw Joon was holding his phone. Joon took the phone away from JB. That meant that Joon didn't want him to hand over Jackson to police but the look on Joon's face was telling a different story. He definitely want more than ever to let Jackson received the punishment for his crime. Then why did Joon took the phone?

"What the hell are you doing, Changsun?" GO seethed, narrowing his eyes at Joon.

Joon clicked his tongue and tossed the phone onto the chair on the hallway of the hospital carelessly. "I don't want this either." He grumbled begrudgingly.

"Then...?" GO urged, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he stared at the slightly younger man inquiringly.
Joon didn't answer when Sanghyun stepped out of Mir's room, smiling slightly at JB. "Cheolyong is awake. He wants to see you." He conveyed.

JB looked around him, slightly confused and slightly nervous especially when Mir had asked for him the first thing when the MBLAQ maknae woke up instead of any of MBLAQ members. Still, he carefully stepped into the room, bowing slightly as he walked past Sanghyun.

Sanghyun closed the door behind him and turned around as his eyes sharpened and looking towards Jackson with unhidden hatred. "Let me make this clear." He stepped forward to stand in between GO and Seungho, towering over Jackson slightly. "If it were up to any of us, then you would have been thrown into jail and will be getting the worst punishment ever." Sanghyun backed up slightly as he exhaled while pursing his lips. "But Cheolyong wants differently." He informed, more towards Seungho and GO to understand why Joon did what he do just now.

Only then Jackson snapped his head to look into Sanghyun's eyes. The older wasn't joking. But why...? "Why?"