Chapter 2

An Autumn in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An Autumn in Seoul

Ch.2 

By Eiryia

 

Mino woke up to complete darkness. Wondering if he had somehow awoken in the middle of the night he reached for his phone to check the time. It took his eyes a few moments to adjust to the bright light of his phone screen and he wasn’t surprised when the numbers 05:15 shone brightly at him. Figuring that his sleeping pattern must have been destroyed due to the change in time zones he put away his phone. Hoping that snuggling up to Seungyoon again would help him go back to sleep he rolled over and reached out in the darkness.

His hand found nothing at first. Grumbling to himself over if it really was necessary to have such a large bed he rolled over landing at the center of the bed. While there he made another attempt to find his boyfriend and was soon touching the icy cold skin of Seungyoon's shoulder. Wondering why he weren’t under his bed covers Mino proceeded to grab those first before pulling lightly on Seungyoon to move him closer.

Seungyoon mumbled something inaudible in his sleep, but after Mino had spoken a few soft words of excuse for waking him had Seungyoon quickly gone back to sleep. Mino then moved a little more so that he now was so close that he could wrap his arms around his sleeping boyfriend. Mino had rarely felt much need to protect Seungyoon during the time they had been together. Now that he felt Seungyoon's still icy cool skin pressed towards his and the ever so thin frame wrapped up in his arms did he have to admit that it had changed a little.

Many new feelings had begun fighting their way to the surface as he laid there in the dark that morning. Seeing Seungyoon’s world up close like this was exciting, but he had to admit that some of the things he had notcied was rather depressing. 

Pressing his lips onto Seungyoon’s shoulder he tried to clear his mind so that sleep might return to him. As soon as he had done that had other thoughts begun creeping in on him. What was next for him? He still had his place back in London. Would he return after this month in Seoul? Would they both return? Should they both stay here in Seoul together?

Feeling angry at himself for pondering things he could do nothing about at night he moved up a little in the bed. Resting his head on top of Seungyoon’s he rubbed his nose as the silky black hair tickled. Come morning would he need to be rested, the manager had said they only got that one day. He needed to spend it well. His last thought before falling asleep was how the one day ordeal sounded strangely familiar.

 

When he woke the next time was it only to be hit by total exhaustion. Why was it always like that when one woke for the second time? Happy to find that Seungyoon was still next to him he reached out a hand to poke his chubby cheek.

"You awake over there?"

He asked his voice sounding a little funny as if sleep had made it even deeper than usual. Seungyoon rolled over towards him and made a funny wave with his hand without opening his eyes.

"It’s our day off, we should sleep while we can"

Seungyoon complained. Mino had a feeling they had already slept way into the morning. A small split in the curtains letting in a thin ray of sunlight told him daylight indeed had arrived and strongly at that. When the clock showed 10:30 was there no mercy, they needed to get up.

"I’ll bring you breakfast in bed, what do you want"

Had he ask as he rolled and rolled again to get to the end of the bed. Overestimating the length of the bed he rolled one time too many falling to the floor with a big OMF!

It didn’t hurt much as it could have as he had pulled the covers with him during the fall and had half way landed rolled up in them. It was the surprise of falling that had made the biggest impact. Staring up at the roof he wondered still a bit sleepy how he had ended up on the floor. Moments later and a thin hand grabbed the edge of the bed before a badly ruffled bedhead peeked down at him through half closed eyes.

"How did you end up down here?"

Seungyoon asked while studying his awkward pose and slightly dumbfound expression.

"I fell"

He explained simply. Seungyoon laughed and at first was he a little offended, but that infectious laugh of his soon rubbed off on him he started laughing as well.

After laughing at each other for couple of minutes had Seungyoon climbed out of bed. While declaring that he would help unwrapping Mino he pulled at one side of the bed sheet. Being more than strong enough had Mino flopped face first into the floor.

"Thanks a lot"

He said while rubbing his nose which had taken most of the impact. Seungyoon was already on his knees trying to turn him back facing toward the ceiling.

"I’m so sorry, are you okay?"

Nose practically beating on its own he tried to say he was okay, but he honestly wondered if he had broken it. Clutching his nose he blinked up at Seungyoon fighting to keep his tears at bay. 

"When did you get this strong?"

He said, but Seungyoon only shook his head at his attempt to make a joke and climbed on top of him to have a better look at his nose. Straddled between Seungyoon’s legs did he have to admit to feeling a little better. He didn’t wish for Seungyoon to touch his nose however and tried to worm upwards out of his reach.

Seungyoon grabbed both his arms and dragged them of his face. Pinning them next to his head he more or less demanded to let him check his nose.

Leaning in he viewed the nose both from the front and from the side.

"It doesn’t look broken, it’s as straight as ever"

Both looked at each other in silence for a moment.

"Straight"

Mino replied before laughing. They both started laughing yet Seungyoon didn’t let go of his arms. Staring at the other as they both stopped laughing.

"I think I need to check your nose one more time"

Seungyoon whispered while leaning slowly down towards him again. Mino knew of course, by the tone of his voice that it wasn’t the case. Seungyoon's lips met his very slowly, taking great care not to bump into his nose he trailed small kisses from one side of his lips to the other. Lying very still Mino slowly began forgetting about the pain in his nose focusing on the kisses he was at the reciving end of.

"I truly am sorry"

He said between kisses and it sounded to Mino like he was talking about a completely different matter than his probably not so broken nose. He wanted to say that there was nothing to be sorry for, but all he got to say between the continuously increasing kisses was

"It’s okay"

As Seungyoon finally let go of his wrists could his hands roam free. Starting at the ever so soft hair he only kept his hand there for a moment before moving down his back stopping at his waist. Wrapping his hands around him he pulled on Seungyoon’s back so he got pushed down on top of him.

 

They stayed like that for a long while. The smaller and skinnier held in place by the bigger and stronger. Realizing how wrong that probably was in terms of who had the real power in their relationship Mino sighed. He might be physically stronger, but he was forever clueless about certain facts concerning their relationship and the overall situation.

"I have some questions"

He began and he felt Seungyoon move his arm so that it was wrapped around his neck.

"Ask away"

Seungyoon said, but it didn’t sound like he meant it. More like he dreaded it if anything.

"What is next for us?"

He distracted himself by playing with the waistband of Seungyoon’s pajamas pants while he waited for the reply.

"We just arrived here and you ask what is next? I don’t know? Whatever we decide? I’m happy as long as you are around"

Smiling into the darkness Mino hugged Seungyoon even closer. Every time he brought something like this up he got blown away. His short replies always felt heartfelt and honest. It was exactly what he needed to hear. This time like the others.

"I’m not going anywhere, are you?"

Feeling Seungyoon shake his head vigorously into his chest he felt relief. Why did he always question things? Angry at himself he crinkled his nose forgetting for a moment how he had hurt it minutes before.

"Ow ow ow"

He complained and nuzzled his face into Seungyoon’s fluffy hair is if to try and relieve the pain by its gentleness alone.

"We really should have that nose of yours checked"

Seungyoon said half muted as his lips was lightly pressed against Mino’s neck.

"I’m fine"

He replied and moved his free arm to touch his nose wondering if it really was fine.

 

Half an hour later and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter