Chapter 7

An Autumn in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An Autumn in Seoul 

Ch.7 

By Eiryia 

 

 

Mino sighed a sigh so characteristically that it could have become his trademark if such things were something one desired to be recognized for. How he had landed himself in this situation was way beyond him.

Sitting on the sterile white leather couch of the waiting room he cursed his own jealousy for what must have been the hundred time since arriving in Seoul. Of course Taehyun had to be allergic to seafood, of course Seungyoon would offer to go with him to the doctor’s office and of course he would offer to go in his place to avoid the two spending even more time together.

Shaking his head at himself he took out and looked at his phone. Seungyoon must be home now, the thought of that made him regret his decision a little less. Having shown signs of catching a cold Seungyoon probably would do well getting as much rest as possible. While Seungyoon did that could he be useful and pick up medicine for on the way home.

It had been mighty awkward in the back seat of that cab. Still angry he had done his best to avoid any form of communication, but Taehyun strange as he was had pretended that nothing particular had happened between them only a couple of hours before.

                "I’m thinking of going to London for Christmas, do my gift shopping there"

He had said casually while looking out the window. Mino, still angry had only given Taehyun a slight nod to acknowledge that he had heard him. His own plans for the holidays were still unclear and so there was no point in trying to influence Taehyun in either direction.

                "How is the allergies?"

Mino had asked as the car had reached the final stretch before arriving at the clinic.

                "I’m feeling it alright"

Taehyun admitted and held a hand to his stomach and inflated his cheeks with air as if to say he was nauseous.

 

Mino felt slightly nauseous himself thinking about how Taehyun had puked in the trashcan of the waiting room. That was why he had decided to stay and wait, if he had left then Seungyoon might become angry with him. It was while tossing his water bottle that he had bought from a wending machine close by that Taehyun had stepped out accompanied by the doctor.

                "I need to grab some meds, you are going too right?"

Taehyun said and closed his coat. Mino nodded silently before turning towards the door. They walked without exchanging another word down the street and did their shopping at the pharmacy without talking much either.

It was when they stepped out from the convenience store Taehyun had suggested they shared a cab again. Deciding they might as well Mino had agreed and watched as Taehyun called for one. He already seemed better and Mino assumed the doctor might have given him something for it.

                "You know, I’m sorry about.. Things"

Taehyun began in a low voice. They were in the cab, both leaning on each their cool window, watching the city lights blend with the raindrops on the glass. Taehyun had suddenly turned a little and said his apology which Mino found surprisingly easy to accept. Deciding like always to seek clarity he replied to his apology with a question

                "Things? Your confession earlier?" 

Taehyun didn’t reply. His long hair was covering his face and Mino could see his knuckles turn white from how hard he was clutching his shopping bag so hard. Was he nauseous again he wondered and tried to look away incase his facial expression gave away the fact that he was actually worried.

                "You know, I’m just going to be honest with you. I don’t know what kind of intentions you have, but mine are as clear as day"

He turned a little to focus on the view outside. He was he a little worried about Taehyun’s reaction to what he was going to say and so he found it better no to face it head on.

                "Seungyoon, I love him, if I get to decide it will be me and him forever. We are a couple and.. Well yeah that’s how it is"

Not feeling like elaborating anymore he stopped his explanation there. Taehyun didn’t seem to have any reaction at all to what he was saying. Maybe he was he too sick to pay attention Mino figured and left it at that.

The cab stopped outside a tall apartment building and Mino didn’t realize it was his stop until the cab driver announced the address. Paying for the drive there he gave Taehyun a small smile and stepped out.

His chest felt lighter now. Even if Taehyun’s intentions weren’t any clearer to him had he spoken his mind. Explained a little bit. Only for a second had he doubted if he had done the right thing. What if Taehyun was speaking his mind? And he actually was in love with him? Had he just broken some guys heart just now?

Shaking his head he stepped into the elevator. In love or not, it had to be said. It was the truth and he had a love of his own to look after.

 

Walking in the front door he unexpectedly found Seungyoon on the couch with a blanket over his shoulders watching TV.

                "How did it go?"

He asked after turning off the sound. Mino shrugged before explaining what had happened, skipping their conversations as he was still undecided about how much to tell Seungyoon. Ending his retelling with

                "Tea?"

Before walking into the kitchen. Should he tell Seungyoon about Taehyun and if so should he mention the kiss. He really didn’t want to talk about it because it meant nothing to him, but on the other side if it was Seungyoon this had happened to.. He would have wanted to know.

Walking into the living room he found Seungyoon half asleep watching the TV still with it’s sound off. He sat up a little when Mino took a seat next to him and gave him a look Mino couldn’t quite interpret.

                "What?"

He asked feeling the scrutinizing stares intensity only grow stronger in power as the seconds ticked by.

                "Something happened today"

Seungyoon said before picking up his mug of tea that had been left in front to him on the table. Mino feeling suddenly both nervous and worried took a big gulp of tea and felt as the inside of his mouth burned from the heat.

                "Okay, I’ll tell you. Don’t get mad or misinterpret it or anything like that"

Mino began and opted for another round of burning tea instead of explaining right away. After feeling the burning liquid make its way down his throat, making the burning sensation increase another few notches he coughed and began

                "Taehyun right, back at the studio. He said things when you weren’t around. First I thought he was in love with you or something"

Seungyoon snorted into his tea as he heard the in love part before looking up with disbelief.

                 "I still kinda believe that by the way"

He added as Seungyoon took a sip of his tea. A bit of the tea slipped out of Seungyoon’s mouth as he said it and he began coughing furiously. Shaking his head Mino gave him a few strong pats on his back before continuing.

                "Turns out he plays his own little games. Back then he told me he wanted you, but then later he said I shouldn’t worry so much.. and today"

Mino stared into his tea. He dreaded telling about this part, how he had been cornered and kissed. Parts of him wanted to tweak the truth a little, to only explain about how Taehyun had confessed. It weren’t like him thought and so he said

                "So today at the dinner, when I was in the bathroom and Taehyun followed after me, Hemighthavecorneredandkissedme" 

The last part the spurted out so fast he almost bit his tongue saying it. He watched as the words sank in on Seungyoon’s end, as his eyes widened slightly along with his nostrils and his usually plump lips turned closer to a thin line than he had ever seen before.

                "Taehyun did what!?"

Seungyoon exclaimed and sat down his mug of tea so quickly Mino was surprised it didn’t crack on impact.

                "He said he was interested in me and then I somehow ended up getting kissed. Then I ran away. I still think he is doing it to make me lower my guard about you though"

Seungyoon was only shaking his head. It was a little entertaining to watch because Mino had yet to see this furiously jealous side to him. It felt surprisingly good know he weren’t the only one being capable of this level of jealousy. When Seungyoon finally spoke was it with a voice very untypical of him, deep and slightly shaking.

                "If I had known this I wouldn’t have made you go with him tonight"

Mino smiled at this. He understood these feelings too well, but in hindsight was he glad to have gone with Taehyun because it had given him a chance to speak his mind.

                "I’m glad I did go actually, because I got the chance to tell him off"

Well truth be told he had not exactly told him off, but he wanted Seungyoon to calm down a few notches. He didn’t want to create any lasting damage to any of his relations, especially not those he was forced to keep up because of work.

                "I might have told him that we are in a relationship.."

He said lightly, staring at the roof. Taehyun must have figured that much by now, but having said it still felt really good. Not that it seemed to have discouraged him that much, but his own resolve was unshaken so he had decided not to let it affect him too much.

Seungyoon had returned to staring intently at Mino’s face. He did so for such a long period of time that Mino was about to check if he had gone to sleep with his eyes open when he said

                "Someone else kissed you? I’m not okay with that. The fact that the last lips that touched"

He put his index finger to Mino’s lips and furrowed his brows slightly while leaning closer, never taking his eyes of Mino’s lips. 

                "Weren’t my own. I’m not okay with that"

Seungyoon removed his fingers and let his own soft lips brush Mino’s lightly. He was enjoying this a lot, but did his best to seem calm ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter