Chapter 3

An Autumn in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An Autumn in Seoul 

ch.3 

By Eiryia 

 

Warning: this chapter probably belongs in the M rated section. Skip it if it isn’t your cup of tea.

 

Having finished dinner they moved over to the living room to have drinks or coffee. Neither Seungyoon nor Seunghoon was a fan of alcohol, but Mino decided he could use a drink so when Jinwoo offered had he quickly accepted.

Seungyoon wanting to show off his barista skills was disappointed in Jinwoo’s choice of beverage. Seunghoon however made him a couple of requests to make up for it and they went off to the kitchen.

Being left behind with Jinwoo was not on the top of Mino’s wish list at the moment. The way he stared right at him blinked and then moved closer made him uncomfortable. He weren't sure what to say to this guy who according to Seungyoon was prettier than most girls.

There was no denying he was pretty and there was obviously a close relation between the two. Trying to think back on their time in London he recalled clearly how Seungyoon had said that he had never been with a man because no one had appealed to him that way. Repeating that line in his a head a few times more he turned towards Jinwoo.

He had to ask if only to quiet his jealousy then so be it.

"You too seem close, did you perhaps date before?"

Jinwoo only smiled and took a sip of his drink. It was getting annoying, he wanted Jinwoo’s response before Seungyoon returned. He didn't wish for Seungyoon to know that he had been snooping around.

"As far as I know are you the only man he ever dated"

It was as if a huge weight was lifted from his heart and Mino managed to smile his first honest smile that evening.

"We did live together for almost two years though"

Jinwoo took another sip of his drink. Lifted it as if to toast him, but he was still processing the information. They had lived together. He definitely didn't like the thought of that.

"It was during that time he figured that he liked men I believe"

Jinwoo said while playing with the cherry in his drink. Mino couldn't help but to think it was much to do with being with Jinwoo who obviously also liked men as he was living with Seunghoon.

"So really, you should thank me"

Mino looked straight at Jinwoo when he said this. He could see how Jinwoo could defend this statement, but he sure didn't feel like thanking him. He had many questions for Jinwoo now that he had found out about this, but he was mainly relieved to find out that Seungyoon had told him the truth back then.

Feeling bad for doubting Seungyoon he reached out an arm towards him when he returned with his coffee. He happily took a seat next to him on the couch. Seungyoon gave him a quizzical look before he began telling them about a few of the sights they had visited in London.

 

In the end had Seungyoon done most of the talking that evening. Mino had spent his time either confirming what he was talking about, learning new things about Seungyoon’s past or listening to Seunghoon and Jinwoo talk about their life in Seoul.

They had one point touched on the subject of Seungyoon and Jinwoo living together. Back then had they worked for the same company and had ended up sharing an apartment together along with another guy. Both Jinwoo and the third guy had left the company while Seungyoon still had his contract there. Mino quickly spotted a hint of distaste on Jinwoo’s face when they touched on this subject. Judging by Seungyoon expression was this definitely something he and Jinwoo didn't agree about.

A few drinks later and he and Jinwoo were both on better speaking terms. Jinwoo had shown them an episode from his latest drama and it had been great fun. Not that he particularly liked dramas, but his acting was good and the show was a funny one.

Seunghoon and Seungyoon was discussing work again when the drama ended. Seunghoon had been rapping on one of the songs and would be accompanying Seungyoon to a performance later that week. It was during this conversation that the attention was turned to him when Seunghoon asked

"What about you? What will you be doing while you are in the city?"

He didn’t have all that many plans, but he guessed he needed to tell his family that he was now in the country at least.

"I’ve been writing a few articles for a couple of magazines lately so I will keep doing that for work"

It was true that he still had things to write on. The article he had written earlier in the summer had really hit home and so he had received more work. It was a relief really because this allowed him to work from anywhere and he could go wherever Seungyoon was going.

Having never realized the fact before he suddenly became a little embarrassed. He was already fitting his life around Seungyoon’s lifestyle. Yet they had never really discussed their future together. He had said earlier that day that they were family.

"I also got friends and family I haven’t seen in a long while whom I wish to visit"

He continued when no one started speaking. Seungyoon smiled at him then and so he decided to add

"Since Seungyoon was kind enough to help out with attracting customers to the book store this summer have I volunteered to help him out in whatever way I can while I’m here"

Jinwoo was the one who looked the happiest about this. Seungyoon had only nodded as if to acknowledge that he had indeed offered such a thing.

"What do you intend on having him do?"

Seunghoon asked Seungyoon after they had sat in silence. He himself had not spent much time wondering of what kind of help he could be for Seungyoon. If anything he could be moral support when things got busy. For a moment he doubted if he could be of any help at all. That doubt was a painful subject for him. Seungyoon didn’t let him suffer with that doubt for long as he said like it was no big deal:

"I figured as he is already so clever with words and so good at English we could write a song together. My first song completely in English"

Mino sat in silence slightly dumbstruck. That was not what he had in mind when he had offered his help, but it sounded amazing. Scary, but amazing. Leaning forward in his seat he made an attempt to get a better view of Seungyoon’s face as to check if he was serious or not.

He must have noticed how Mino doubted what he had said as he turned towards him and met his searching eyes right away.

"Should be fun right? You are a great writer after all"

Chest swelling with pride and mind clouded by alcohol he forgot all about being in company with others. He wrapped his arms around his chest instinctively and pulled him onto his lap. Well there he squeezed him to his chest and smiled into his hair.

"Should be lots of fun!"

He copied before placing a kiss on Seungyoon’s cheek. He seemed a little bothered, but didn’t move away.

"Enough of these for you"

Seungyoon said and finished his drink for him before sitting up a little so that Mino’s grip weren’t as tight around his waist. Still too happy about what Seungyoon had told him to bother about his half rejection of his affection he sat up a little as well.

 

They spent another hour talking before heading home. It was well past midnight and he could feel the full impact of the drinks he had consumed as they walked in the half-darkness towards Seungyoon’s apartment complex.

"Tonight went well don’t you think?"

Seungyoon asked walking a step ahead of him. Swaying as he stopped to think back on the evening he didn’t reply.

"You okay back there?"

He asked turning towards Mino probably to check if he was keeping up.

"I’m happy"

Seungyoon waited for him to catch up and grabbed his hand.

"I’m glad to hear of it"

He replied laughing as he said it.

"You seemed a little jealous at the beginning there"

Seungyoon told him still in a humored by Mino’s honesty. He suspected that Seungyoon was using his current state to get answers. He had never been this drunk around him before, but he didn’t have (many) secrets so after a moment of fake contemplation he replied:

"I was! I am! I thought.."

He didn’t finish his sentence as he was about to tell him that he thought Seungyoon and Jinwoo had dated. It was all Seunghoon’s fault he thought grumpily and frowned. He was the one who had implied, or had he? His mind was too clouded to really remember. 

"I’m" *hic* "Jealous"

It was best to just confirm that once and for all. Maybe Seungyoon would consider his feelings in the future and not just run around playing with Mr. Pretty.

"Mr. Pretty sure was pretty"

Mino said without thinking much about what he was saying. Seungyoon laughed again. They had entered the apartment complex now and was waiting for the elevator.

"He sure is, got all the housewives swooning over him. No wonder his dramas are doing so well"

Nodding Mino leaned against the elevator wall while watching the floor number slowly increasing. The way Seungyoon laughed got to him every time, but now he suddenly remembered how he had laughed like that as Jinwoo earlier. Feeling the jealousy from back then return to him in full force he took in a big sip of air and walked quickly passed a puzzled Seungyoon out of the elevator.

Walking down the hall towards where he thought the apartment door was he stopped suddenly wondering if he missed it.

"Over here"

Seungyoon said amused at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter