Chapter 6

An Autumn in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An Autumn in Seoul 

Ch.6 

By Eiryia 

 

 

     "On a scale from one to ten, how y do I look?" 

Mino made a turn on the spot to get Seungyoon’s attention who was currently sitting on the guest bed unfolding his pajamas. 

                "One, that’s the worst sweaters I’ve ever seen you wear.. And that’s saying a lot" 

Seungyoon replied while laughing a little. Mino returned the laughter with a stern look before making another twirl just to see if he could make Seungyoon change his mind. 

                "Admit it, you told them didn’t you?" 

Seungyoon said, making Mino stop mid-twirl with his back to him. He was a horrible liar and so he would have to admit the truth. 

                 "I weren’t going to, we had a plan after all, but then my mother called and told me that my uncle was coming to town. She asked if it was okay if we both used this room. Obviously it was not, but I had to explain that I was bringing along someone" 

It was the truth, when he had told his mother she wouldn’t shut up about it and in the end had he said that he was bringing along someone special. She had been absolutely delighted, told everyone and even got them matching sweaters.

                "It’s not just matching sweaters though, it’s matching Christmas sweaters!"

Seungyoon said with a bit of a frown. Mino looked down the sweater he was wearing, it was sparkling and covered in snowmen, reindeer and what he assumed had to be a very round Mr. Santa Claus. Seungyoon’s which was neatly folded on his desk was green, just as sparkly with similar jolly motives. They were still many weeks away from Christmas so he could understand Seungyoon’s skepticism, but Mino knew where his mother wanted with this.

Last year he had spent the holidays away from family, this was her not so subtle way of hinting about how lovely it would be for them to celebrate together. It would be nice to celebrate with them, but truth be told should he be back in London in December to finish his last few months working at the shop.

 

Deciding to give up earning y points for his poses in the sweater he began pulling it off, but his head got stuck making him struggle to get lose. Leaning down towards Seungyoon he complained lodly and asked him to pull on the sweater.

                 "You got fat"

Seungyoon teased in a mocking voice while pulling on the sweater.

                 "Heads don’t get fat"

Mino grumbled still stuck in his sweater. He was nowhere near fat and they both knew that very well. With one last tug had the sweater come off and his t-shirt along with it. 

                 "Now you are a solid 9" 

Seungyoon announced looking more than a little pleased with himself as he watched his half boyfriend. Pretending not to have heard him Mino just started talking of his pants as well to get ready for bed. 

                 "They did look surprised though, even if they knew I was bringing someone" 

He said with his back turned to Seungyoon as he flopped of one sock and then another. Making sure to bend over to the side to show his rear from the most flattering angle. 

                 "Well as your mother was sweet enough to mention more than a dozen times, she had seen me on TV a lot over the past years. You would be surprised too if someone you had seen on TV regularly suddenly showed up on the door with your son" 

Mino thought Seungyoon had a point, but he was too busy being a tease to acknowledge it. Instead he sat down on his bed, wearing only his boxer shorts while checking his phone. An email from one of his contacts in Europe had turned up since last time and he hurried to check it forgetting his previous agenda. 

                 "How long are you going to sit there like that?" 

Looking up he saw Seungyoon laying on his back on the guest bed eyeing him in a rather intense way for someone who usually looked so cute. 

                 "What?" 

He asked innocently, changing his position slightly to give his boyfriend a better view yet again. 

                "You be like that" 

Seungyoon grumbled before rolling over to his side so that he now was facing the wall. Mino chuckled, replied to the email and put away his phone. He gave a dramatic sigh and waited for a moment to see if Seungyoon would give in, but he didn’t budge. Knowing him he might fall asleep anytime so Mino got to his feet and walked over to the guest bed. 

Nudging Seungyoon on his shoulder at first Mino got no response. Deciding he might as well do what he wanted he laid down on the bed behind Seungyoon. He still made no sign to move and so he wrapped one arm around his waist while softly blowing warm air on his shoulder. The master of sulking and pouting didn’t move a muscle still. Oh well then Mino thought to himself and move his head slightly to give him better access to Seungyoon’s neck and shoulder.

Waiting just a moment to give Seungyoon a last chance to give up the overdramatic sulking he tightened the grip he had around his waist. There was no getting away now. When he still got no response he then bit down hard on the shoulder directly beneath his mouth before exclaiming loudly

                "NOM! What is this? A dumpling!?!" 

Before gnawing his way all the way from his shoulder up his neck until he reached his ear and earlobe. Nibbling on it for a moment he felt Seungyoon shake slightly in his arms and there were no telling if he was being ticklish, or actually angry. He had bit down rather hard this time so he might actually be angry.

                "That hurt"

He Seungyoon complained after another moment of silence. He then turned around and snuggled into Mino’s warm chest. Mino adjusted his arms so that he could hug him closer and smiled into his hair.

                "I’m happy you came along here this weekend, with everything going on I could understand how you would want to cancel it"

Seungyoon’s response came in the shape of a snore. Even if they both napped in the car there had the week been a long one and they were both lacking sleep. Mino had his own worries and no one to discuss them with and to top it off was Taehyun’s strange behavior bothering him. That guy was impossible to read and there was no telling what he really was up to. One thing he was sure of, he didn’t like it one bit.

Having passed the stage of being sleepy himself he decided to just stay put and enjoy the closeness that Seungyoon’s sleeping form offered. He smelled nice and his little huffed breathes that he emitted every so often was the cutest thing. They were laying on top of the covers, but deciding he didn’t want to wake Seungyoon head reached out a hand and grabbed his own that was hanging down from his own bed. It had been quite tricky, but he had somehow managed to reach it without waking Seungyoon. 

Wrapping them both up under the winter duvet he smiled into the darkness. It was nice to be home and it was nice to feel loved. His years out of the country had been nice, but he had never connected with anyone over seas like he had with Seungyoon. He had missed his family a lot so it was all good. There was decisions he needed to make as the new year approached and his time in the bookshop was over. With how things had gone with his writing the last few months could he probably earn enough to live off it with a bit more effort. 

If it was to be them in the future would he have to live in the capitol that much he knew. There were many kinds of jobs he would like to try, even teaching. His passion for history and writing combined with his degree could easily earn him a job like that. 

He let out a sigh and felt Seungyoon stir in his arms. He really was so cute like this and he enjoyed the feeling of being the protector, but he knew far too well how little he actually was able to protect him from. Not that he needed much protection, despite his somewhat skinny frame was his mind and determination unlike anyone he had encountered so far in his life. Mino loved that about his boyfriend, it was one of many, many things on a list that just kept growing. 

 

 

Saturday was spent with family and a few friends, they went out to eat dinner all together and Seungyoon kept impressing him throughout the day. They had opted for a hotel to give his room to the visiting uncle and so when they were done with what Mino had to admit was his third desert of the day had they said their goodbyes to his family to return to the hotel which they had checked into before going to dinner. 

                "So brunch at your family’s place in the morning?" 

Seungyoon asked as they walked down the hall towards their hotel room. Mino nodded, home cooked food, nothing beat that. Thinking about his mother’s home cooked food he completely disconnected from the world and just followed the familiar frame of Seungyoon with his ruffled, fluffy hair down the turning corridors. He had his leather jacket slightly askew and some of his favorite checkered flannel shirt was sticking out beneath it. Seungyoon checked the room number on the key card again before stopping. 

                "I think we just walked passed it" 

He said, but Mino weren’t paying attention and so he walked straight into Seungyoon. 

They both laughed as they staggered to regain their balance and he apologized before grabbing Seungyoon’s hand in his. It was always such a nice sensation to hold on to it, but his fingers felt more rugged than usual. The excessive guitar playing was surely to blame for that. 

                "Let’s find this room of ours, it can’t be that hard" 

He declared before turning around and dragged Seungyoon along by the hand. Surely enough a few meters back the direction they come from and down another hall and there they were. 

                "Who would have thought a hotel could get this confusing" 

Seungyoon mused while Mino struggled to get the key card to work. 

                "You are swiping it too fast" 

He complained and snatched it from Mino’s hand. Watching Seungyoon struggle just as much he had he soon leaned forward to rest his chin on Seungyoon's shoulder. Catching a hint of his perfume he kept silent for a moment just enjoying the smell and the heat of his skin lightly brushing against his cheek. He then asked in a low voice

                "How is it going?" 

In a teasing manner, slightly pleased that he couldn’t get it to work either. Just then had the door clicked open and Seungyoon jumped on ahead of him with a triumphant smile on his face waving his fist in the air. And he calls me an over enthusiastic kid? Mino thought to himself watching Seungyoon bounce ahead into the hotel room. 

 

After another celebratory round around the room had Seungyoon dropped down on the bed. Their things were neatly stacked against the wall like they had left them earlier in the day. Mino felt slightly divided about what to do next. Seeing his boyfriend sprawled across the bed he knew very well what he would like to do, but on the other side did they have very little time together because of work. There were so many things he wanted to discuss and so he stood there frozen considering his options. 

Before he had managed to make up his mind had Seungyoon sat up on the bed and was tilting his head slightly to the side. 

                 "What?" 

Seungyoon asked while shrugging out of his leather jacket and shirt, just leaving the slightly see-through loose black t-shirt. 

                 "Just, can’t make up my mind" 

Mino replied and swayed a little on the spot. Even when his life was close to perfect in that moment couldn’t he make up his mind. Deciding to follow Seungyoon’s lead he took of his jacket as well leaving him in his white t-shirt. Dropping it on a chair next to where he was standing he felt gentle hands sneak up around his shoulders to interlock across his chest. 

                "I’m happy to be here with you" 

Seungyoon said while hugging him tightly from behind. His skin was tingling beneath Seungyoon’s touch as the gentle fingers moved down his stomach. Even if he had just made up his mind that he would go for the romantic notion of just talking was there nothing wrong with having a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter