Dude, You’re Chasing After A Bag of Garbage.

Puppet Master

“ing hell, why do I have to carry everything?”  Sehun let out with an exhausted huff.  On his back was basically everything Yixing owned of importance and in his arms was this “Joonmom” kid or whatever his name was.  Well, whoever he was, he was whining a ton.  He was wriggling in Sehun’s arms and crying out for some “Krease”.  Sehun assumed it was that tall guy from earlier whom Yejin went to distract.  Either way, “Joonmom” was getting kind of annoying and Sehun really just wanted to go back home and sleep.

 

The wind manipulator picked up his pace with that thought, using his powers to propel himself through the streets towards the guild, this time, with no cops chasing after him.  He could hear a “whoosh” from above him and looked up to see… Krease…?  “What the !?  No one told me your friend could freaking fly!”  Joonmyeon gave a timid nod to confirm Sehun’s suspicion.  , it looks like my speed won’t be enough to outrun this guy.  Sehun spotted Yixing running just a hundred or so feet ahead of him.  Oh! I’ve got a plan.  Sehun sped up once more to catch up with the healer and when he was within the other’s view, motioned for him to follow him into an upcoming alleyway.  Hopefully, Krease won’t be able to see what I’m about to do in here.

 

Yixing quickly followed Sehun into the alleyway, slightly confused about how the mission was unfolding.  Once they were hidden in the shadows of the buildings, he felt something heavy being not so gently plopped into his arms.  Sehun’s voice startled Yixing as he sank from the sudden weight.  “Here.  You take Joonmom and run as fast as you freaking can back to the guild.  I’ll act as a decoy and try to prevent Krease from catching you two.”  Yixing heard a loud rustle and a grunt from Sehun before he felt him brush past him.  Once Sehun was out in the light again, Yixing could see that Sehun had picked up some sort of trashbag from the alley and was carrying that instead of the target.

 

“There’s no way that Krease fellow will fall for that sorry excuse of a decoy,” Yixing mumbled to himself (or so he thought).  He felt something move in his arms and looked down to see the forgotten target squirming in his firm hold.  The wiggling Elucian let out a squeak once he saw Yixing peering down at him.  “Pl-Please… Don’t hurt me… Where are you guys even taking me…?  Why are you doing all of this?”

 

Yixing let out a quiet sigh before repositioning his arms under Joonmyeon’s knees and back.  He glanced up again to see Sehun running off in the distance and… something in the air… flying after him…?  I guess that’s Krease.  So he can fly huh?  That’s new.

 

Glad that he wouldn’t have anyone chasing after him, Yixing made his way out of the alley, Joonmyeon in his arms.  He hoped he’d have enough strength and stamina to carry the man all the way back to the guild, at least in time for dinner (he supposed he would have to cook that as well).

 

After Sehun had sprinted out of the alleyway, leaving Yixing to take care of the target on his own, he looked up to see that Kris had spotted him from above.  Sehun tightened his hold on the bag of trash meant to resemble Joonmom’s body and shot his way through the crowd.  He really hoped that Kris was following him and not straggling behind near the alley, otherwise all of his efforts would go to waste (literally).

 

Kris was… persistent… to say the least.  Sehun had probably been running for over ten minutes with his wind enhancement and the tattooed man was still flying after him.  It seemed that his pursuer was also getting tired of the chase and wanted to end it soon.  To prove his point, the man swooped down from above the buildings to only a foot or so above Sehun.  Sehun let out a quiet yelp in shock and tried to run even faster away from the man.  Although Sehun was relatively positive that Kris wouldn’t be able to see through his decoy from over a hundred feet away, he wasn’t so sure about the man’s eyesight from a mere 10 feet.  Sehun ran as hard as he could, weaving through the people idling on the streets.  He ran so urgently that dust was starting to kick up behind him.  This would have been a perfect opportunity to yell “Eat my dust” to the flight manipulator behind him, but Sehun did not want to aggravate the man any further; he was already cutting it close as it was.

 

Kris was gaining on him and if Sehun didn’t do something fast, he was going to be caught (and given Kris’ outward appearance, maybe even slaughtered.  Brutally).  Sehun turned his head to glance behind him.  He nearly fell flat on his face when he saw that Kris was literally right behind him, almost a body’s length away.  Sehun had to think fast, if he failed this mission, Hui Qi was going to be mad, no furious, livid even.  Sehun tried to focus on his powers and conjured up a powerful wind within that second, slamming it towards Kris, pushing the man away from him and into the bustling on goers behind them.

 

Sehun continued running, hoping that his attack would buy him at least a few minutes before Kris regained his senses and continued on with the chase.  He could already hear Kris yelling after him with “STOP!” and “Get back here with Joonmyeon!  GOD DAMN IT!”  In Sehun’s ears, the yelling sounded more like a roar, giving Kris an even more terrifying image than before.  On the plus side, it seemed as if Kris had yet to realize that the bundle in Sehun’s arms was not actually his long time friend but a garbage bag filled with, well, garbage.

 

Once Kris had recovered from the wind attack, Sehun was off, running back to the guild with Kris not far behind.  He was almost there too, just a few more blocks and a turn into the more “abandoned” part of the city and he would be home free.  Sehun started panting more heavily.  “Why the hell am I so out of shape?  A run like this shouldn’t be making me this tired…”  And then it hit him.  “Oh hell, I’m still carrying all of Yixing’s stuff.  , I hope nothing broke; I’ve been running kinda crazily the whole time.”  Sehun assumed that given Yixing’s mellow demeanor, even if something did break, it wouldn’t be so bad.  Yixing wouldn’t kill him over some accidently killed plants… right?  Sehun remembered how the other acted when he offered to help pack said herbs, and maybe, just maybe, Yixing was not as easygoing as he thought.

 

He shook off the thought of his supposed impending doom at the hands of their newest recruit as Mirage came into view.  Sehun used his last burst of energy to sprint through the threshold and enter Mirage grounds.  He briefly turned around and saw Kris flying straight at him.  After quickly setting down the trash, he pulled Yixing’s backpack off his shoulders and carefully set it down on the floor.  Sehun would not risk ruining any more of Yixing’s stuff.  He turned around and closed his eyes to brace himself for the tackle of a fully grown man.  

 

Seconds passed and still nothing happened.  Sehun opened his eyes and gasped in shock at the scene in front of him.  Kris was sprawled out on the ground like some sort of lanky dead starfish and Hui Qi was straddling his back, nonchalantly placing an empty sack over the unconscious man’s head.  He swore he could hear her whistling a happy tune too; if he didn’t know better, he would have thought he was just imagining it.  Sehun heard a creak and whipped his head around to find Tao looking on, scared, behind the door.  What the just happened?

 

 


A/N: LOL I honestly love this particular chase scene because DAMN Kris is hella blind... whoops XD  We also get a slice of some SuLay (if you're into that) <3  Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!  If you do, please comment and subscribe!  I guess I'll seeya next chapter!

Yes Sulay is amazing.  I'm loving the princess carrying though haha at least Joonmyeon isn't getting carried like Yixing was.