Sehun, It’s Not an Addiction, Okay?

Puppet Master

“Why the do I have to do this again?”  Kris, Sehun, and Chanyeol were assembling more of the new furniture they received that morning.  It seemed that the shipments were endless and the number of parts, infinite.

 

“Because you’re at fixing things?  I thought we already established this?”  Sehun replied, tilting his head up to stare at Kris with an incredulous look.

 

“You know what?  You… yeah you’re right.  .”  Kris sighed with defeat.

 

“Glad to know you have finally accepted yourself for what you truly are,”  chuckled Sehun as he handed another bolt to Kris.

 

“A genie?” piped in Chanyeol.

 

“A gen- What the hell are you talking about?  I was going to say useless but fine.  A genie.  Whatever floats your boat I guess.”  Sehun shrugged his shoulders.  He would never understand what was going on in Chanyeol’s mind, not that he cared enough to try.

 

“How’s it going down here?”  Hui Qi interrupted the boys’ as she came down the steps.  “I hope there’s been actual progress, but who knows when Kris is in charge,” she snickered.  It was obvious why she mocked Kris.  There were tools and parts strewn everywhere.  Luckily, the packaging and bubble wrap were all located in one corner.  Unfortunately, the boxes were all stacked on top of each other, dangerously close to falling.  Hui Qi didn’t bother moving to fix the boxes because the path there was littered with plastic bags.

 

“Hey!  I’ll have you know that we are almost done with the shipments we got this morning.  So hah.  Not useless.”  Kris harrumphed and glared at Sehun for effect.  However, Sehun had looked down to secure the next few pieces together, forcing Kris to turn back to his work as well.

 

Hui Qi waved her hand in the air.  “Yeah yeah… As long as you get the work done I honestly don’t care.”  Her face was practically glued to her phone screen and she promptly sat on one of their new sofas.

 

Sehun looked up in confusion at Hui Qi.  “Since when did you use your phone so much?”

 

“Since this,” she muttered and shoved her phone in his face so he could see the screen.  Sehun could barely read the contents on the screen before Hui Qi swiped her phone back.  All he saw was the name of the contact, prompting him to ask, “Who the hell is ChenChen?”

 

Without looking up from her phone, Hui Qi uttered a single word, “Scrabble.”

 

Sehun tilted his head in confusion, “Scrabble?  Huh?  Wait… oh, OH!  Scrabble!”  Given that Sehun and Hui Qi were friends since high school, he knew a lot about her gaming “hobby” (he would call it an addiction, but hey, if Hui Qi denied it, then it wasn’t).  Now that Sehun knew exactly who the mysterious person Hui Qi was texting was, all of his curiosity was sated.  Kris’, on the other hand, was not.

 

“Pfft.  ChenChen?  Who is that?  Your boyfriend?”  Kris guffawed to himself, slapping his leg in amusement.  Chanyeol surprisingly ignored the conversation and continued to work.  “Does ‘all powerful’ Hui Qi actual have, feelings for a boy?  And you play Scrabble together too?”

 

Kris continued laughing, like well, a fool.  He was so out of control that the hand that was hitting his leg missed and ended up slapping Chanyeol’s instead.  Chanyeol of course, being as easily startled as he was, squealed in response and set Kris’ hand on fire in defense.  Kris did not even notice… until Hui Qi started laughing too.

 

“What?  Why are you laug-  OH MY GOD.  WHY IS MY HAND ON FIRE!?  FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, SOMEONE PUT IT OUT!” shouted Kris, the transition from guffawing to panicking instantaneous.  Sehun’s laughter joined Hui Qi’s during Kris’ crisis.

 

“Oh no!  Sorry Kris, it’s a reflex,” Chanyeol squealed again, internally panicking as well.  Chanyeol quickly put the fire out and continued assembling furniture like he didn’t just burn Kris’ hand off.

 

“Serves you right for making fun of ChenChen and I.”  Hui Qi harrumphed and headed back up the stairs.  Once Hui Qi reached the steps, her phone vibrated, causing her to almost drop it out of her hands.  She caught it swiftly, and proceeded to answer.

 

When she picked up, the first thing she heard was, “Hey Mastermind.  Where is this Mirage place again?”  The caller was panting hard, as if he was out of breath.

 

“The building is in the middle of Grimsdell Square.  It’s kind of hard to miss.  It used to be a hotel… if that helps?”  She scratched her head in wonder, she was not entirely sure if what she said was true, but hoped she could trust Baekhyun’s agent.

 

“Yeah, no…  I have no idea where that is.  You know I’m not familiar with Utros right?”

 

Cocking an eyebrow, Hui Qi questioned, “Seriously?  Where the hell are you from then?”

 

“Estraeu.”

 

Hui Qi whistled in amazement. “Damn, that’s far.”

 

“I realized.  At this rate, don’t expect me to be there for another couple of hours, alright?  You’re lucky I headed out as soon as you asked me yesterday, otherwise I wouldn’t be there until tomorrow.  Anyways I got to go, see you soon.”  The caller hung up and Hui Qi locked her phone, shoving it into her back pocket.

 

While she was walking towards her room, the doorbell resounded throughout the building, signaling that somebody, or something had arrived.  God damn it, I just got upstairs, is that more stuff (for Kris) to unpack?  

 

“Guys get the door! … Guys!  Guys!?”  When she didn’t receive a reply, Hui Qi turned around, headed towards the stairs.  “Of course.  I’ll go get the door since you three lazy asses don’t seem to be bothered to do so,” she muttered as she stomped back down to answer the door.

 

“Huh?  Yeah, sure, Hui Qi we’d love some drinks,” replied Sehun offhandedly from the living room.

 

Oh my god, they weren’t even listening to me.   this.  I guess I’ll have to give them even more jobs.

 

Hui Qi peeked out the window to see a deliveryman holding boxes and boxes of what she assumed were Yixing’s books and maybe even some new herbs.  She quickly opened the door and signed for the packages before bidding the deliveryman goodbye and shutting the door in his face.

 

With the doorstep covered in boxes, Hui Qi turned back to the crew and inquired, “Yo Chan, where the hell is everybody else?”  Already having to answer the door was a pain; Hui Qi did not feel like carrying the boxes down to the basement either.

 

“I think Pastrybake is out shopping with Tao.  Joonmyeon and Yixing are probably just in the kitchen or something,” Chanyeol replied back, shrugging his shoulders in uncertainty.

 

Hui Qi called out towards the kitchen for the two “lovebirds” but heard nothing in response.  “That’s weird… Chan, you sure they’re in the kitchen?” she asked again, tapping her foot impatiently.

 

Chanyeol stopped mid-strike, wracking his brain for another plausible answer to give Hui Qi.  “Uhh… Check the basement, I think I heard Yixing ask Joonmyeon to help him down there with something?”  With that, he rose the hammer again and knocked the nails down into the pieces of wood to secure them together.

 

Sehun chuckled, “Uh-oh, that sounds sketchy.  If you know what I mean, right Kris?”  He elbowed Kris under the ribs and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

 

Kris choked in surprise, “Y-you bastard! Don’t even joke about that!  Joonmyeon is mi-”
 

Interrupting Kris mid-sentence was a groan.  Joonmyeon’s groan specifically.

 


A/N: Wow are we great authors or what XD  And *drumroll* our newest guild member is going to be ChenChen!!!  Did anyone guess right??? Haha, we hope you enjoyed this chapter as well and we'll seeya next week!

Ahahahah I wonder what that groan is ;^)