How Dare You Say Their Name.

Puppet Master

“Yixing.  Oi Yixing.  Wake up out of that trance!  What’s wrong with you?” Hui Qi demanded, getting impatient with Sehun coddling Yixing like it was the most natural thing for him to do.  With her words, Yixing seemingly snapped out of his shock, but continued staring at her in apprehension.

 

Hui Qi took one look at Yixing’s face and sighed.  Since he seemed too scared to ask any more questions, she took the initiative.  “Alright, now that we’ve kind of been introduced to each other, why don’t we show you around the joint?  It’s not much, but hey, it’s home,”  Hui Qi chuckled.  Yixing flinched at hearing this being called home once again, but continued to listen anyways.

 

“This spacious area, as you might’ve already guessed, is our common room.  It’s where we… hang out and plan for…  recruiting.”  The left corner of Hui Qi’s mouth twitched upwards slightly, as she tried to hide the growing smirk.  She didn’t want to completely scare Yixing away.  After all, he was a crucial piece in her plan.  

 

She then led Yixing in the same direction that Tao had headed.  Continuing with their tour, she said, “This… little… area is our kitchen.  Um… none of us can really cook that well so, most of the pots and pans are all for show really.  We usually go out to the convenience store and buy anything that’s cheap.  Our staple’s ramen.  Here.”  She then proceeded to open a large, overhead cabinet.  When she opened it, a couple of bags of ramen tumbled out.  “Heh… we’re not very particular about organization really.  I mean, ramen’s ramen you know?  You can’t be too picky with your preferences.”  She placed the fallen bags onto the countertop and shut the cabinet.

 

Sehun piped in, “If we’re feeling really fancy, I can whip up some canned soup.”  He looked at Yixing with a sparkle in his eyes, almost as if he was proud of being able to “cook” canned soup.

 

“Hah, I doubt reheating pre-made soup counts as cooking Sehun.”  Tao retorted.

 

“Yeah, well you can’t even use the microwave, so it.”  Sehun taunted back, daring Tao to insult his cooking skills once more.

 

“He’s right Tao, must I remind everyone who tried to microwave eggs last time, right when we finally had enough money to buy them?”  Hui Qi sighed exasperatedly.  Just recalling the disaster made her feel stressed.

 

Yixing felt a little sympathy for Tao.  “Well I guess I’ll have to be the one to cook for all of us then,” he decided as he looked around the kitchen, surveying what would be his new work space.

 

Hui Qi perked up at his statement.  “That means you are staying right?  You heard him too, right Sehun? Tao?  He said he was staying, without us having to tie him up and threaten him or anything!”  Hui Qi was ecstatic, getting Yixing to join the guild was easier than she thought.

 

“Wait! No! That’s not what I meant… and what?  You were going to tie me up?” Yixing shuddered.  “And threaten me?”

 

“Haha… enough loitering here in the kitchen.  We need to get Yixing situated into his comfy home.  After all, he’s our new cook.”  Hui Qi winked and led Yixing upstairs.  As they ascended, each step threatened to crumble by the weight of each body, even Yixing’s mere 132 pounds.  Despite the creakiness and instability of the stairs, they held on long enough for the four of them to make it up to the second floor.

 

This floor was slightly nicer, but much less sturdy.  All the creaks and groans and moans coming from this floor were scaring Yixing.  As if she read his thoughts, Hui Qi calmly replied, “Hey, chill.  This floor hasn’t broken down in the couple of months I’ve been here, so I’m sure it should be able to hold all four of us for a good… year?”  

 

“A YEAR?!  But what if your guild expands?” Yixing yelped, shocked at the short estimated life span of the shack.

 

“Don’t you mean ‘our guild’ Yixing?” Tao giggled from the back of the small group.  Sehun high-fived Tao in agreement before giggling laughing himself.

 

Disregarding the giggling idiots, Hui Qi focused on a different part of Yixing’s question.  “‘What if?’  There is no ‘What if?’  Of course the guild will expand!  That’s also why you’re here.  To help increase our numbers.  Besides, with our measly four members, we aren’t even eligible to become an official guild.”  

 

“Wait… there are only four members?  But… how?  And, you aren’t official?” Yixing asked, completely bewildered by the small group.  Really, he shouldn’t have been surprised.  Considering the condition of the guild itself, it would be hard for anyone else to believe that a sizable amount of people actually lived and worked there.

 

“Well, if we play by the rules, we need to have at least 9 members and 25 successful jobs.  Then we can really start raking in the dough,” remarked Sehun.  “So right now, we have almost half the number of members required.  But we’re still lacking on jobs.  But, it can’t be helped.  I mean, we’ve only recently gained you as our newest member and cook, Yixing.”

 

“Wait wait wait.  Hold on just a minute here.  I still haven’t agreed to join your so called Mirror guild.”  Yixing shook his head frantically.  There was no way he was joining such a sad excuse for a guild, he didn’t even want to join one in the first place.  And if he did, he would be much better off in an official, not to mention popular, one such as Lost Souls.

 

“... What did you say…?” Hui Qi growled out with feral look in her eyes.  Her breathing turned ragged, and muscles clenched, ready to pounce on anyone who dare speak lowly of her own guild in comparison to the other one.

 

“Oh crap.  Sehun you better hold her back; this may get a bit messy.”  Tao stepped over to Yixing who was confused about the sudden mood shift.  “You know you said all of that out loud right?  From calling our Mirage guild ‘Mirror’ to saying that that other guild was a better bet.”

 

“Yeah.  You really messed up Yixing.” Sehun quipped from behind Hui Qi.  He had his arms wrapped around her shoulders in a tight grip in case she tried anything funny.  “She hates that guild; considers them our rivals really, we aren’t even allowed to think their name in front of her.”

 

“DAMN RIGHT YOU AREN’T!” roared Hui Qi, trying to wriggle her way out of Sehun’s grasp.  She spat out, “The Lost Souls are a disgrace to the Elucian race!  They cut corners on all their jobs but still reap the hefty benefits.  And even then they try to extort more money out of their employers.  And worst of all… THEY STEAL MY CLIENTS!  Can you imagine that?  Those no good, rotten, lazy, s, dare to steal from ME, Choi Hui Qi!  Those bastards will pay!”  Hui Qi was still seething as Sehun tried, and failed, to calm her down.

 

She wrenched herself free of Sehun’s arm cage after a few minutes of stunned silence and stomped her way down the corridor.  “If I hear anyone, and I mean anyone, say that damn name again, you will learn the true meaning of pain.”  She glared at all three of her subordinates and disappeared around the corner.  A loud “BANG” resonated in the hallway and dust from the ceiling started to float down, landing onto the three standing dumbfounded in the hallway.

 

Sehun muttered, “Well, that could have gone better.”  After shaking his head, he motioned for Tao and Yixing to follow him.  Seeing Yixing’s hesitation, Tao tugged lightly on to his wrist to pull him after Sehun.  They walked in the opposite direction Yixing had seen Hui Qi go.  “This is your room.  I hope you like it, and though it’s not much, it should do until we get more jobs, and consequently, money.”  Sehun opened the door to Yixing’s new room as Tao nudged Yixing forward.

 

As Yixing might have suspected based on the rest of the building and from Sehun’s warning, the room was incredibly plain, filled with only the bare necessities: a bed, nightstand with a clock and lamp set on top, and a small table next to the, as Yixing noticed once again, shutterless windows.

 

Sehun and Tao explained to Yixing about how everything to the right of the stairs contained all the rooms for potential recruitments and that everything on the left side was solely Hui Qi’s.  According to Tao, one would need an incredibly important reason to enter the left side of the building.  WIth that, he and Sehun left quietly and reminded Yixing to wake up at 8 AM the next morning to prepare for breakfast at 9 AM.

 

Yixing slowly approached and proceeded to lay down, on his new bed.  He curled up in a ball thinking about Hui Qi’s reaction.  His first impression of her was as an outgoing and reckless-by-nature woman, not an angry beast ready to destroy anything in its path.  He let out a quiet sigh and sat up to look over his room once again.  Sehun was right; the room really wasn’t much.  Maybe tomorrow they’d let him go back to his own apartment to bring his belongings with him.  By now he had realized he was joining the Mirage (he would not make the same mistake twice) guild whether he liked it or not.  He might as well make the best of it, right?

 

Although it was still fairly early, Yixing set his alarm for 8 AM and sank down in exhaustion in the bed, slipping into a dreamless sleep.

 

The next morning a sign could be seen on the door of the Mirage guild.

 


A/N:  Hey guys!  We're back with the LATEST chapter~  I'm actually really looking forward to publishing every week XD  I hope you guys are excited to read as well!  Please suscribe if you like our fic and comment too!  We'll seeya next week!

Hello! Do you guys like that picture? I think its awesome. cgao753 made it! (aw so sweet <3) Anyways, I hope you enjoy our latest chapter. :D