Online Dating #2

Online Dating

Online Dating #2 - Hoseok
Group: BTS
Pairing: YoonSeok
Chapter Rating: 13+
Word Count: 1,206
Warnings: One mention to a dead animal.

 

Moving to the city is probably the best decision Hoseok had ever made, and he only has his best friend, Jungkook, to thank for that. Everything is closer, so it’s a lot more convenient than the small village that Hoseok had been living in, so much more convenient that he can actually walk to a local cafe or supermarket for any of his random cravings or needs. The only downside, that Hoseok has experienced thus far, is that, other than Jungkook, he doesn’t have any friends in the city. Being a professional gamer and working from home doesn’t exactly give him the opportunity to get out much and meet people.

Although best friends, Jungkook and Hoseok have completely different lifestyles. Jungkook is really the party type. He’s social, loud, and lovable, and he has many friends. When Hoseok first arrived in the city, Jungkook attempted to get Hoseok out with his friends, but it didn’t work out as well as either of them had originally hoped. Hoseok’s just not a university student anymore, and he doesn’t have the drive to party all the time like Jungkook does, so joining Jungkook’s circle of friends isn’t exactly in Hoseok’s best interest right now. That’s why the younger recommends Hoseok to an online dating site, where he can meet many cute singles in the area.

The two had just got done filming their new episode of their co-op game where they are playing the Donkey Kong Country Returns game on the Wii U. They don’t usually play cute games like that one, normally sticking to first person shooters for their co-op or competitive play on their channels, but this one was highly recommended by their fans, so they can’t really pass it up. Hoseok sends his video files to Namjoon, who will edit them and upload them onto Hoseok’s channel. “I’m not really looking for a relationship, though,” Hoseok protests in argument of joining some dating site. He’s not against getting into a relationship right now. He’d just much rather let it happen when it happens rather than actively looking.

Jungkook pushes Hoseok out of the way, taking control of the elder’s computer. “I know,” He says. “That’s why I’m recommending a free dating site.” Jungkook brings him to the webpage of one of the more popular and favored free online dating sites. “Most of the people on here aren’t worth dating anyway. The most any of them looks for is a casual .”

Hoseok turns in his chair so that his entire body is facing Jungkook, and he raises an eyebrow at the younger. “And you know this because?” Hoseok asks.

“Sometimes I look for a casual ,” Jungkook says with a shrug of his shoulder.

Before Hoseok knows it, Jungkook has all of Hoseok’s information typed in, and he’s already going to Hoseok’s e-mail tab to verify his account. Jungkook says this isn’t to get Hoseok a boyfriend, but the way the younger is buttering up his profile, it sure seems like it. “If you want people to be interested in you at all, Hyung, you have to have a presentable profile.” Jungkook assures him.

 

Hoseok is fairly well known for the gaming videos that he does and for the ones that he does with Jungkook, so he’s not totally surprised when he has people messaging him instantly, wanting to meet with him. Even if he makes it clear that he’s not looking for anything beyond friendship, everyone seems so determined to get him in bed.

 

At the end of his third week on the site, Hoseok’s already met with a few people, but none of them seem suitable even to be friends with.

The first guy almost seemed suitable, but when he invited Hoseok over after meeting with him three times, Hoseok was immediately turned off by the inside of the guys house. Sure, he knows that shouldn’t be a deciding factor in friendships, but it was for Hoseok. The first thing he noticed when coming over was the awful smell before he even walked in the door. This guy owned so many cats and dogs, and he even had seven rabbits all in one giant cage together. The awful smell, Hoseok finds out, is coming from one of the rabbits who had died in the cage, probably from malnutrition. Apparently, it had been sitting there long enough for it’s skin to start slowly decaying, and Hoseok is rushing from the house without needing to see anymore. That’s an image that he won’t soon be forgetting, and it keeps from getting back on the dating site for an entire week.

The second guy that Hoseok meets with is just too weird in general. Hoseok is typically a bright and happy person, so it’s hard to bring him down. This guy, though, manages to do just that. He keeps talking about the existential crisis that he’s in right now and how, ultimately, nothing in the universe matters, so Hoseok might as well let him have his way with him because it won’t matter in the end. When Hoseok runs away, saying that it doesn’t work that way for him, the guy tells Hoseok that it’s fine—it won’t matter in the end that Hoseok didn’t submit himself to him. Weird as .

It’s not as bad as his first date, so Hoseok is willing to continue, hoping that each date will get better and better until he ultimately finds the right person to be friends with. Someone to invite over for boring movie nights when Jungkook won’t spend time with him because he’d rather be out partying.

Hoseok eventually meets with a third guy. This time it goes slightly better than the first two. He seems to hit it off with this guy instantly. He’s a fan of Hoseok’s, which is not surprising, and he loves video games. He’s also hoping to become a professional gamer like Hoseok. It goes bad when Hoseok realizes how into video games he is. This guy doesn’t role-play video game characters that he likes—he becomes video game characters. He becomes one of those fortune tellers in many JRPGs that will tell you what your next steps are in the game, and he tries walking Hoseok through his life. Thanks, but Hoseok thinks he’d rather figure life on his own. He doesn’t use those fortune tellers when given opportunities in the games, and he’s most certainly not going to use one in real life.

After having a few more date that more or less better or worse than those, Hoseok almost gives up and decides to just stick to his gaming friends he met through the various networks offered by his home consoles. Before he gives it up for good, he’s looking through the app once more. He sees a face that instantly draws his attention, and he clicks on the picture to see the boy’s profile. His name is Min Yoongi, it says so on the top line. He’s only older than Hoseok by one year, and it says that he likes video games. That’s something they can relate on. Hoseok send this minyoongi93 (brilliant name, by the way) a message to spark up a conversation.


E/N: This is super short. I got extremely frustrated while writing this chapter. I promise the next ones will be better since it's actually Yoongi and Hoseok meeting each other and whatnot. I'll probably edit this later, but I just wanted to get it up for now so that I can continue on with the rest of the story. huhu

Hoseok's dates make Yoongi's dates look like heaven. xD