Skeet Skeet, Bang Bang! Part 2

Scandal!: An August Affair

110 Subs, over 10k reads on all chapters!!!! Yaaaayyy!!! Thank you guys so much!!! I'm so elated by the amount of support and the messages and comments. It means a lot to me that some of you wrote to check in and make sure I was alright because of the delays. Truthfully, I wasn't. I had a cocktail of a messy breakup, a stalker, my car breaking down and needing a fortune to fix (DO NOT BUY A MERCEDES AS A STUDENT,A FREAKING NEW KEY COSTS 350 DOLLARS! WTF???) And just some general madness put me in a very shallow mood. But the good to come out of this month is atleast I was so inspired to write and I'm about 99.5% done with the story and I've gained back all the weight I lost due to a stressful up semester. (Maybe more than the worthy I lost. Tehehe.) Cheers to knew beginnings and friends I will never meet!

we've had our skeet skeet, now time for le bang bang!!

Now, here we go!

 

*****

 

"Whah?! Coldplay?! You covered a Coldplay song?" Ngern gushed with his mouth half full of food. "That's freaking insane, man. I had no idea their songs had been remixed in Thai. Remind me not to forget to download them on my iTunes."

"Thai? Pfft. I wish! Rehearsals would have been a lot less stressful if I was singing in my natural tongue."
"Wait, you mean to tell me you did it in English?!" Right after swallowing his last bite and half way to the next. "Now that's even more impressive."

"You think so?" August asked earnestly, siting up from the couch were they both sat, their trays of food between them.

"Of course! Do you even have to ask?"

"I-I don't know, now that I think about it the were cameras everywhere. What if I mispronounced some of the words? I could be a laughing stock of the industry by the time we wake up tomorrow morning."
"Oh, stop it. You worry too much. You know damn well P'Kim wouldn't have sent you out there if your English tutor didn't tell her you had it down... " Ngern reassured, moments before his brow creased and he doubted himself. "She did hire a coach to work through it right?"

"Yes, of course."

"Aha, then there's nothing to worry about." Ngern comforted. "I'm sure you were just as great up there as you usually are with everything else."  

"E-everything...?" August let the question hang between them as he waited, wondering if Ngern would catch up with his insinuation.

"Yes, Gust, everything." Ngern said, smiling cheekily and giving August a wink.

####

Ring! Ring!

“Hello?”

“Sherlooooccckkk!!” Kareena’s voice is the first thing Ngern hears after the most beautiful night of his life. “Where are you? What happened? Why didn’t you answer my texts?!”

“Kareena, it’s too early in the morning for all this, can we talk later?” Ngern whines sheepishly, eyes heavy with sleep.

“Yeah, you’re right! It IS pretty early for all this, but guess who isn’t sleeping in his bed in his super luxurious penthouse duplex?!” She continues to pester. “What happened? Where have you been? We’ve been worried sick!”

“How do you know I’m not in my bed? I told you guys I’ll be coming in late because of my meetings, right?”

“Fan-Fan, is he in his room?!” Ngern hears Kareena call out on the other end of the line. Another voice, no doubt Kris’, echoes back. “Liar! Kris just checked and you’re not there, and the bed is still made. Besides, even if you tried to sneak in I would have woken up. I’m a light sleeper you know.”

And there it was, the confirmation Ngern had been pushing towards. Just as he’d known they would, Kris and Kareena had spent the night in his place. He could almost picture them nodding off to sleep, perched on the couch, waiting for him to return with the lover they knew existed and were desperate to scrutinize.

Speaking of, Ngern turned sideways to steal an admiring glance at August. Still asleep, light snoring. Cutest thing that ever existed. Ngern couldn’t fight back the grin that covered his face.

“Sherloooockkk! So, where are you? Are you with her? Can you bring her over?” Kareena spoke animatedly, her accented pronunciations giving her voice a sing-song feel like the Heroines in the Bollywood flicks she’d forced them to sit through night after night while waiting for their curtain calls. Of course she’d started in all of those movies too, naturally. Heavens forbid she has to watch them admire another woman while the she’s around.

“Okay, okay, I’ll be home soon. Just stop speaking so loud, you’re giving me a headache.” Ngern said, scooting under the covers so that his body was less than an inch away from August’s and hung up the phone, placed it under his pillow, and wrapped his arm over his sleeping mate, irritated by Kareena’s annoying interruption of his euphoric state.

It was less than fifteen minutes gone by before the phone began to chime again. Ngern groaned in dissatisfaction as he hurriedly retrieved the phone from under his pillow, so as not to wake August. Dammit. Kareena could be nagging and loud, but he’d never before found her to be half as irritating as he did now.

“Dammit, Kareena, we’re trying to sleep here. I told you already, I’ll be home soon.” Ngern reprimanded into his phone as quietly as possible, all too conscious of the body next to his on the bed. 

“Hello? Hello?!” Ngern called out when he didn’t hear Kareena’s usual gleeful giggles filtering through. Had he been too harsh? Was she upset? Why was she being so quiet?

 “Ngern… “Her voice was cold and solemn; he could practically hear the trembling of her lips. It wasn’t Kareena calling, it was Kim. “Ngern!”

“P’Kim, what’s wrong?” He sat up in the bed, stretching, and yawning as he came to. It had been a long and glorious night, all the love they’d made. The passion, the bliss. The euphoria of skin to skin of those in love. Heaven on Earth bowing before their needs, their wants. Pleasure. Of all the ways Ngern could think of of waking up after such a night, this phone call was not one of them. He wasn’t ready—but then again, could anyone ever be ready for a disaster?

“Where are you? Are you home? Are you still at the hotel?” Her voice shook as if was parched. Ngern gulped.

“P’Kim, what’s going on?” Ngern was fully awake now. He didn’t need a soothsayer to tell him something was terribly wrong.

“Ngern, I—I—I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this one. I—” She bit off her words and frayed his nerves. He needed her to speak. To say something. Anything. P’Kim was never out of words. Never. But Ngern knew it. In his heart of hearts, he knew it. His secret was out.

His secret was out to the world.

“P’Kim, please talk to me, you’re freaking me out.”

Ngern could her taking in a deep breath on the other end of the phone, seconds before she spoke again, this time with less fright and more conviction. A slight semblance to the take-charge manner he’d become accustomed to.

“Ngern, listen to me very carefully,” Kim said, her voice hushed as if someone else was within hearing distance of their conversation. “Don’t say anything, just walk to the bathroom.”

“But, P’Kim…”

“Dammit, boy! Just do as I say!” Ngern didn’t have to be told twice. And though it was a relief to not here her panicking, it was even more terrifying when she got like this. Years of familiarity had thought Ngern that P’Kim throwing a tantrum was light years better than Whisper P’Kim, because whisper P’Kim meant there was something to hide or protect. And in the entertainment industry, that meant scandals. Big, disruptive, invasive scandals that came in like torpedo’s and left only scrapes in their wake.

“Okay, I’m in the bathroom,” Ngern said, closing the door behind him as quietly as possible after having tip-toed all the way to his intended destination.

“Okay, now turn on the shower, turn it all the way up. And the faucet too.” Kim instructed, Ngern obeyed.

“Done.” Ngern said. “Now, can you please tell me what the heck is going on?”

“Ngern, someone is watching you.”

“Yes, P’Kim, of course they are. People are always watching me; it comes with the territory.” Ngern snapped, losing his patience.

“No, Ngern, you don’t get it! Someone has been watching—stalking you! They’ve been in your house!” Kim snapped back clearly at her wits end too.

“What?! How? Why—Who?!”

“I don’t know! This morning the delivery men dropped off a package addressed to me. It was strange because I rarely get any packages directed at me specifically. Most business inquirers are handled through the phone and emails and all contracts are signed in person. Or I get a fax or it goes through the secretary… But this one had my name on it Ngern.” P’Kim’s words rushed out of as she tried to wrap her head around everything that had happened. "And when I opened it, inside was a flash drive. The video--Oh, Ngern, it's too horrible to tell you all this over the phone. We need to meet face to face, you have to see this for yourself."

Ngern's muscles turned to goo and waddled furiously as they tried to hold his body upright. Finally, giving up, he fell against the bathroom door and slid onto the floor, his chest seemingly refusing to inflate with air.

The video?

What video?

What video could be so horrible that it was causing Kim to panic?

His house?

His private space?

Someone had broken into his house and taken a video?

Who, how, when and why?

What was happening?

"Ngern, where are you? Where are you, boy."

"Still...hotel..." Ngern struggled to say, as his body began to shake vigorously; one question after the other bombarding his concubines. Is this how it all ended? Everything he'd worked so hard for? Is this what it all came down to? A tape?

"Okay, this is what we're going to do."

*****
August was over two hours behind for his first interview, and if the missed calls from Korn were any indication of just how bad a scolding it was he was about to get for his tardiness, then he was right to be nervous. He shouldn't have allowed Ngern talk him into showering before he left. Seven good minutes he spent in that bathroom, if he had just skipped that phase then maybe he would have been at the hotel already?

Not likely.

It was a weekend morning, so traffic was a nonissue, besides, the interview was being held downtown as well, so the taxi ride Ngern had called in while he showered was only estimated to take about eighteen minutes to get him to his destination. How could everything already be going so wrong, so early in the morning after so a perfect night.

"I guess even love can't stop the world from spinning after all." He muttered to himself.
"What was that, sir." The driver asked, leaning back into his seat, thinking it was him being talked to.
"Nothing--So, how much further until we arrive?"

"Actually," the driver said, swerving out of the main road and unto the side street of a looming building, "We're already here."

Those words sounded like music to his ears. He he sorted out a few bills from his wallet, more than enough to pay for the ride and shouted "Keep the change." At the driver as he made his way to the automatic doors of the skyscraper. As luck would have it, the first person he sees as the doors slide open is his persecutor.
"Where have you been?!" Korn asked, swiveling around to face him. His eyes darting about August's face as if looking for something specific. "Everybody's been worried sick. I almost called the police and reported you missing."

"What? Why would you do that?" August asked, shocked, then he remembered all Korn knew about his whereabouts was that he'd gone to see Kim, and they'd even joked about what to do if he came up missing. August wasn't sure whether to burst out laughing, or give Korn a bear hug.

"Yes, P'Korn, I'm okay. I just got in a little late last night and forgot to set my alarm, it's all."

"You? Forget to set your alarm? That's not like you at all. You're usually the first to get up and be on your way."

"I know, I know, and I'm really sorry P'Korn. I promise, it won't happen again." August said, clasping his hands together. "Please forgive me this one time... Pleeeease."

"I'll hold you to that promise, Auggie, so you better not forget it." Korn said, sighing exasperatedly. His shoulders slouched and his tone flattened, confirming that he was giving up the scolding. "Come on, let's go upstairs, best not keep them waiting any longer."

As they hurried into the elevator and made their way to the rooftop, August was finally able to relax. He'd been in such a hurry trying to get to his schedule that he'd not even kissed Ngern goodbye. Now that he thought about it, the way the whole thing played out came across a bit too one night standish. No candle lit breakfast in bed, no morning head. Hell, he hadn't even woken up with Ngern next to him, and the room had been entirely too dark to make for a scenic romantic moment. Maybe it was for the better. Things changed after the first time, and a lot of guys tend to lose interest after getting their nutt. Not that he feared Ngern would abandon him, but anybody who'd ever seen his bed hair would attest to the monstrosity it could be, and though he hadn't cared for that before, that was before he'd buried his shaft into his boyfriend. The stakes were a lot higher now than they'd been this same hour, the morning before, and August was certainly feeling the pressure. Pressure which Ngern was probably feeling as well judging from how awkward he'd been all morning. He'd seemed so distanced, and his usually caring, nagging nature had faded into the background.
I really should have given him that kiss August thought to himself, gritting his teeth. Knowing Ngern it wouldn't be too far fetched he'd to think he'd completely misread August's haste to leave as some kind of blow off. Here he was worried about Ngern losing interest in him, when Ngern could be feeling the exact opposite.
"Oh, and one more thing, Yuppy Sent another rep request this morning. And so did Rings I'm thinking a pic in the dressing room, this morning for Yuppy and the another for the bracelets?" Korn said. August nodded his agreement. It was one of the many things in his life that he had to readjust to. The industry was certainly different from when he'd had his first shot at fame. Back then being a rep for a product meant a full blown photoshoots and billboards and tv adverts. Now, most brand went for a more "natural" feel. It was quite simple, really. They sent in a request, sent in the product they wanted the talent to advertise along with a one-man photography team, and when the shots were taken, the brand heads choses which they preferred for the talent to post on their social media pages. This form of advertising was mainly used by smaller companies that didn't have the necessary funds to rent out billboards and magazine spaces, but still needed to reach a target audience in order to grow. In Auggie V's case, that meant the high school and University kids that made seventy-five percent of his one million Instagram followers. Hence why Yuppy, a yogurt brand, and Rings an eclectic jewelry online store, would see him as a perfect candidate for their schemes.
Not that August was complaining, of course. This form of advertising never took more than twenty-five minutes to get on the way, and paid very well. Half a million baht to be more precise (14.5k USD), and twice that amount for more well known brands.

Infact, in less than a month since August's debut, it had served as his biggest I come pool, while he waited for his first royalty check. Live gig payments were great too, but after they were split amongst he and the rest of the band, and after management had taken out its fair share, and the government's it's unfair share, he only walked home with a little over forty-percent of the initial pay. Again, not that he was complaining. Even at such a drastically discounted price, August still made more than enough to live a very comfortable, somewhat luxuriant life.

He made a mental note to ask Ngern why he didn't have an Instagram profile anymore. He'd had one before, for sure. And millions of fans on it to. Off ourse the question would have to come after that kiss

The elevator doors pulled open, and they out into a hallway with several doors on each end. Korn led August to the furthest door, and using a keycard from around his neck, swiped the door open. It segwayed into a short stairway which from the amount of light streaming in from the door clearly led onto the rooftop.
"I never have had to tell you this before, but with everything that's happened this morning I feel I should." Korn started as they climbed the stairs. " you have to be on your best behavior today of all days. Turn the charm all the way up for this one. Smile, be polite and keep the conversation flowing. This may not be a major-major but a vindictive journalist can do considerable damage, especially to an up and comer. The last thing we want people reading is that fame has made you a spoilt who has no consideration of anybody else's schedule."

"Yes, P'" August muttered, head downcast.

As soon as they emerged into the sunny rooftop, Korn hurried to a seated personality, whom August figured must have been the journalist, and after a few seconds of obvious -kissing, a wave August over and introduced them to each other.

"We've decided we'll do the interview first, so that our busy journalist can be on his way to start his article in consideration of his submission deadline. Then the photo shoot follows." Korn explained, motioning for August to have a seat opposite the journalist, who's name he had already forgotten.

The young journalist looked August up and down intently, as if trying to assess whether August was even worth his time, before he sighed and rolled his eyes. Pulling out a recorder from his pocket, he placed it on the table, and punched a button to start recording.

First he had August introduce himself, then give a little about his background. The whole time maintaining a less than professional scowl on his face. This was August's first indication that this interview was going to be a tough one. Then came the barrage of intimidatingly personal questions? "Who are you dating"? "Is she a celebrity?" "Would you ever date a fan?" "Why? Why not?" "What do you have to say about celebrities who sleep with fans?" "Have you ever done so?" "I'm sure as a young man you must have tried at least once." "No? Are you saying your fans aren't good enough to date? Are they not pretty enough?" and on and on he went. It wasn't so much what he said, but how he said them. As he he'd already made up his mind in the kind of person August was, and it was not in a favorable light.

Korn must have sensed August's discomfort as he jumped in right after August tried to maneuver his way through one of the invasive questions.

"Sorry to interrupt your interview, but I think you're going a bit too far with the questions. I was told this was Q&A on a getting to know Auggie V basis. Some of these questions are rather inappropriate, don't you think?"
"Not really," the interviewer drawled, sighing impatiently. "But if you think so, then let's wrap this up after this last question, yes?"

"No, I think you've asked more than enough..." Korn started, but in a bid at keeping temperaments low, August held up his hand to silence him.

"It's okay, P', I think I can take just one more question."

"Thank you for being a good sport Auggie, unlike some people here." The interviewer snarled, throwing quick glare at Korn as he spoke.

"No problem; it's the least I can do to apologize for being late." August said, emphasizing on the apologize to get his point across. "So, go on, ask your question, I'll try my hardest to answer as best as I can."

As soon as August said the words, he regretted them. There was a sinister glaze shrouding the journalists eyes, and August knew whatever he was about to say would be a hell of eggshell to walk on.

"Final question." He paused, undoubtably for dramatic effect, then shattered August's heart when he finally spoke. "As a former costar and colleague to one of Thailand's biggest stars, what do you have to say about the recently leaked pics of Ngern Anuparts tape, and would you perhaps know who his unnamed partner is?"