You Just Don't Know It

Take a Second Look

Sehun was bored. He was a senior now so he should be used to professors who preferred lectures about dance instead of the physical study of it, but he wasn't. He also happened to be utterly exhausted because he and Minseok hadn't gotten back from the club until like 3 am that morning, and even then hadn't actually slept until maybe 5. He'd had fun and he didn't regret his additional extracurricular activities, he just wished there were more than 24 hours in a day.

That or for the ability to travel back in time and keep himself from making the horrible decision of a 9 am class on Monday mornings. Admittedly, even a time machine wouldn't have made much of an impact on his schedule; he needed this advanced kinetic physiology class to graduate and there was no way in hell Sehun was staying in school any longer than necessary.

His boyfriend felt differently about learning, and he was constantly nagging for Sehun to take additional tutoring, to go to office hours, to make friends with his TA's, etc. Sehun hated it because he hated school and only tolerated other people, but he loved Minseok at least so Sehun did it for him. With a groan and a collapse of his head into the folded pillow of his arm on the desk, Sehun remembered that he'd actually signed up for office hours with his showcase advisor that day. There was nothing worse than thinking he had the rest of his day free only to realize that directly following a freaking three hour lecture, he had something else academic to attend to.

At least he hadn't had this class yet—the semester had started randomly on a Wednesday this time around—so maybe Sehun would get lucky and the professor would read through the syllabus and then let them go in less than an hour. Upper level classes were notoriously more strenuous so that wasn't very likely, but on a day like today Sehun would take all the hope he could get.

As it turned out, the professor did end up going over the syllabus and letting them out about 50 minutes in, but it was only for a break—much to Sehun's disappointment. He sighed loudly and rubbed tiredly at the bags under his eyes, choosing to rest on an arm instead of leave the room for snacks or the bathroom like most of his other classmates.

He was half-way into a really pleasant daydream reminiscing of his and Minseok's earlier activities when a student sitting a row behind him tapped him on the shoulder. "You okay there?"

Sehun lifted his head slowly and turned around to look at the boy who'd interrupted his break. "Tired," he replied, trying his best to sound short and impatient so the guy would realize he didn't want to elaborate; if the guy was smart, he'd take a hint and leave Sehun alone.

Which apparently, he wasn't. Sehun was about to return to his lucid nap when the guy nodded in sympathetic understanding. "Late night?"

Sehun wanted to grumble at him, but his classmate was relatively cute and he didn't want to hear it from Minseok later if he passed up a good opportunity like that one, so he just nodded once, imperceptibly.

"You hungover, too?" The guy wanted to know, and Sehun thought he could glimpse a hint of puffiness around his eyes.

A thought occurred to him suddenly and he shook his head. "No," Sehun answered before adding his first actual contribution to their conversation. "Why? Are you?"

"A little." The guy looked sheepish but Sehun had literally spent his night in an underground dance club, so he wasn't one to talk.

"Hey," he held up his hands to show no harm and said, "no judgement here. The only reason I'm not hungover is because I had to work."

"That ," was all the guy managed to reply before their professor tapped his watch, claimed that it had been 10 minutes already, and launched directly into his lecture.

By the end of the three hours, Sehun's was numb from lack of movement, his fingers were numb from taking notes, and his brain was numb from information overload. To top it all off, the professor had already started talking seriously about their semester project, Sehun was too purposefully antisocial to actively find himself a partner without Minseok's nagging, and he had to practically rush out the door to make it to his 12:15 meeting about his showcase.

He was in such a rush, in fact, that he must have unknowingly dropped his campus ID as he hurried to pack up his things because when Sehun neared the door, there stood his hungover classmate with Sehun's ID in hand.

"Dude," Sehun exhaled gratefully as he returned the card to his back pocket and half-smiled at his savior, "You just totally saved my . You don't even know. Thanks."

When the guy shook his head and said that the only thanks he would accept was for Sehun to be his project partner for the semester, Sehun had to wonder if maybe his ID hadn't actually fallen out of his pocket after all. Either way, he had acquired a partner without any effort on his part—and even Sehun could grin and begrudgingly admit to Minseok later that the guy's approach had been a pretty ingenious one.

"We're supposed to meet at a cafe tomorrow to discuss potential project ideas. Wanna come?" Sehun invited his boyfriend as they snuggled together on his bed after Sehun got back from his showcase meeting.

"Are you kidding me?" Minseok grinned up at Sehun and kissed his boyfriend, his lips lingering to nip playfully at Sehun's bottom one. "This guy got you to participate in an actual conversation the very first time you met. I've absolutely got to meet him."

They kissed lazily for a while, Minseok on Sehun's lap with his arms around his boyfriend's neck as he played with Sehun's nape in between kisses.

"That tickles," Sehun mumbled against Minseok's lips.

"Sorry," Minseok buried his face in Sehun's neck, but the former was insincere because the latter could definitely feel the curl of a smile and the self-satisfied puff of his boyfriend's cheeks against his skin. "Is he hot?" Minseok wondered aloud, almost as an after-thought, since Sehun had assumed that particular conversation to be over ages ago.

"Who? Kai?" He asked, revealing the his classmate's name to Minseok for the first time. When Minseok nodded eagerly—the guy's name was attractive, at the very least— Sehun grinned. "Very," he confirmed feelingly with a wink at Minseok when his boyfriend pulled back so they could face each other. "Why? You planning on seducing him?"

"Maybe," Minseok admitted instantly, sounding almost half sincere before he got distracted by the pretty angles of Sehun's collarbone and jawline. Emitting a small roar, Minseok returned to Sehun's neck, but this time with his tongue and teeth and not his mischievous smile.

Sehun thought about that for a moment, imagining what it would feel like if his Kai were there too, right then, enjoying each other as they were. It occurred to him that the image he'd conjured up didn't actually look too bad, so when he soon moaned loudly, it wasn't just at the feel of Minseok's lips as they led bruises into Sehun's sensitive skin. He moaned also at the pleasant picture in his head; the one that had him, Minseok, and Kai together.