Things I've Felt But I've Never Said

Take a Second Look

Minseok talked a big game when his tongue was tangled with Sehun's and his boyfriend's arms were around him to pull him close—or else when shadowed by the darkness and pulsing rhythm of his favorite dance clubs—but when it came to actual human interaction in daylight, Sehun was by far the better one. Strangely enough, though Minseok loved people in theory, practically speaking he was a little terrified of them. That's what made him and Sehun so awesome together—because Sehun didn't like people at all, but his interpersonal skills were actually pretty great, especially once he got comfortable.

This side of Sehun was the reason Minseok was almost hiding behind Sehun's arm as they walked into the cafe to meet Kai, and why Sehun, who was now completely into the idea of Operation Classmate Seduction, was grinning widely—well, it was a wide grin for him—and doing his best to be a reassuring boyfriend. He knew that Minseok would probably adore Kai once they met, but until then he was content to let his boyfriend hang off his arm and nervously press his face into Sehun's shoulder.

"Oh god," Minseok fretted, "what if he thinks it's weird that you brought your boyfriend with you for a class-related meeting? What if he doesn't like me? What if he's even more attractive than you said and I'm not ready?"

"Min," Sehun ordered, knowing that almost brutish bossiness was the only way to redeem Minseok once he got like this. "Chill, okay? If he doesn't like you then that's his problem, right?"

Minseok nodded shakily, but Sehun could feel the tightness of his grip through Sehun's shirt.

"Besides," Sehun added, doing his best to sound disinterested so that Minseok would realize how interested he truly was, "it's not like you were serious about the whole seducing him thing, were you?"

His boyfriend's face colored noticeably as he mumbled out in a tentative whisper, "Would it make you angry if I kind of was?"

Sehun smiled down at Minseok and relaxed his shoulders ever so slightly as he kissed the top of his boyfriend's head and turned their bodies so they could both look at the menu together. "Not at all," he confessed into Minseok's hair, arms around his boyfriend's shoulders as he looked around the cafe for Kai.

Minseok caught the movement and glanced around too, though it wouldn't have done much good because he didn't know who he was looking for. They ordered their drinks and then stood off to the side to wait, and every time someone came in and made the bell jingle, Sehun could feel Minseok's shoulders tense.

"Relax, baby." Sehun kissed little hearts onto the back of Minseok's neck and ran his hands up and down his boyfriend's arms to try and help de-stress him.

Minseok sighed heavily and Sehun was sad for him because Minseok really was trying, he knew that. Sehun opened his mouth to provide more encouragement when Minseok's mouth dropped and he pointed surreptitiously toward a tall brunette who'd just come in.

"Sehun-ah," Minseok hissed in excitement as he gestured toward the guy who's head was down yet still seemed vaguely familiar, "it's the guy! The one from the club who hit on me while you were working. The one I danced with!"

"The one who thought we were both attractive?" Sehun confirmed in amazement.

"Exactly!" In Minseok's excitement, his voice became increasingly loud and that last outburst was high enough in volume to accidentally get the other guy's attention, even from across the room.

"Oh!" The guy said as he looked up from the noise and saw them standing there staring at him. "Sehun! I was just about to—You!" His outburst was sudden and echoed Sehun's thoughts exactly as all three of them realized exactly what was happening.

The guy practically leapt across the room and the lithe movement proved what a shame it was for Kai to be studying occupational therapy and not dance. "This is your boyfriend?" He asked a gaping Minseok, once he was close enough to communicate without yelling. "The one who left you to be bored and didn't care when he saw you dancing with another guy?"

"The one and only," Sehun interjected, not sure if he likes Kai's tone.

"Whoops," Kai looked sheepish. "It's just that he's so pretty," he gestured to Minseok as he spoke and the subject of his compliment blushed, "that I'd be too nervous about losing him to someone else if I left him alone. You are a brave man, my friend."

Kai patted Sehun on the back as he said this and the latter had to withhold his grimace—they weren't friends yet, not exactly anyway. Though, if they way Minseok was biting his lip and staring starry-eyed at Sehun's classmate was any indication of his boyfriend's interest, Sehun figured they'd probably be a lot more than friends very soon.