"We'll figure it out."

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 35


Warning: This chapter is currently unedited. 


5:23 in the morning and he had no idea why he was staring at the illuminating numbers on his clock on the nightstand directly next to his bed.

He was asleep until a few minutes ago so he wondered why he was up at such a time. Every other resident in his neighborhood were probably tucked away in their own beds, lost in the land of sleep and dreams. Why wasn’t he?

Ah, now he remembers, his phone had been ringing non-stop for the past hour and how someone was not only ringing his doorbell, but banging on his door as though they were the FBI as well.

Seunghyun watched the 23 on the clock move up a number and he really wished that the one interfering his sleep would go away. He knew it wouldn’t though, the person had been at his front door for the past 4 minutes.

The half asleep man pulled himself out of bed and dragged his feet. He didn’t want to, he wanted to sleep, but whoever his persistent visitor was wouldn’t go away without getting what they wanted. Seunghyun just hoped that it wasn’t an emergency. Well, even if it was he would probably be too dead to the world to actually put effort into caring.

Opening his front door, however, woke him up completely. His body tensed at the sight and his mind jolted awake. It had been an emergency, a serious one by the looks of it. He didn’t know exactly what had caused the man in front of him to be standing at his doorstep, banging at his door, not minding who saw him, but he knew the reason was enough for Jiyong to throw away his facade of G-Dragon and come crying.

He was speechless. His arms not holding the door open dropped to his side before his eyes softened. He should have checked his phone when it first rang in his ear. He didn’t like that his lover was an emotional wreck, he wouldn’t have been this bad if he had been there since the beginning.

“It came back positive.”

Jiyong struggled to breath through the tears as he forced the words. It hurt to speak, it hurt to breath. He couldn’t believe that his life had taken the turn that it did. His life would change with the results; he knew it would. Backlash would come as soon as the press found out and his loyal fans would slowly begin to turn their backs on him. It reminded him of when he was accused of plagiarism. The only difference between the two is he was found guilty this time.

“Ji, what?”

“It came back positive Seunghyun, they found some traces in my system.”

He brought his sleeved arms to wipe the falling tears from his face but the streams remained. He was a wreck, he was broken. He needed some one to be on his side even though he messed up, even though he knows he disappointed the people who mattered the most. He needed some one to fix him.

Jiyong watched as Seunghyun’s eyes lit up with realization at what he was talking about. The smaller man had expected to receive some type of lecture before the comfort but the lecture never came. Instead, he was pulled tightly into the others arms and leg into the living room.

His tears slowly dissolved as the other silently held his head against his chest after sitting him down on the couch.  Sweet words of ‘it’s okay,’ and ‘we’ll get through this’ were the stitches attached to the needle reconnecting his shattering heart. He knew it was worth waiting outside his lover’s door for nearly 30 minutes would be worth it. Seunghyun always made it worth it.

“What are you going to do?”

Jiyong sniffled and rubbed his nose into the others hoodie as he thought about the question. He didn’t know. He wasn’t sure of anything anymore. How could he possibly know what to do about a situation that he had never been in before? How could he be so stupid as to put himself in the situation? Influences in the realm of stardom grew to be to much for him. Why was he compelled do what his friends were doing? Why were they his friends?

YG said that it would be fine. That no celebrity has a completely clean slate and that everything would work out well in the end. He didn’t believe them.

“I don’t know.”

Seunghyun hummed in the others ears as he started rocking. The tears of his love had slowly diminished and he was left with a man who was falling asleep in his arms. It was all Jiyong needed, physical affection instead of all the mental abuse he was sure to encounter for the next few days.    

“We’ll figure it out.”

And they would. Seunghyun knew that this was just a stepping stone that Jiyong would conquer. The man was to talented and to passionate to let something ruin his dreams, no matter how big that something was.

Minutes turned into hours and as Jiyong’s breath finally evened, Seunghyun carried the other man to his bed and tucked him in. He would spend the rest of the morning in the living room where the rest of s would gather because, like Jiyong, they were as distraught about the results as the young producer. They would talk about how to comfort the man while the world turned their backs and they would stand together to protect him. They would let Jiyong know that he did wrong but they would be his shoulders to lean on because that’s what family does, and they are a family.  


It's been a while, ne? I'm really sorry about that. I had a really hard time with the prompt that was supposed to be for this chapter. Obviously the struggle is still real since I skipped that prompt and am saving it for another day. I actually didn't realize how many days had passed without my posting until I looked at it today. Once again, I'm really sorry. I'll try not to go almost a full week without giving you a chapter again.

With that being said, how was this chapter? Good, bad, come on, you can tell me. Either way, I hope you enjoyed it and thank you so much for the continued support! I'll edit this chapter soon.