“It’s not heavy. I’m stronger than I look.”

100 Ways to Say 'I Love You'

Chapter 22



 

“Hyung, you’re going to help me move, right?”

 It was the phrase that put Jiyong in his current predicament. His arms were hurting as he lifted the other left of Daesung’s couch. Jiyong wasn’t the strongest in the group. In fact, he was the one who excised the least, but who was he to deny his adorable dongsaeng his help? At least he wasn’t going through this alone, Seungri was also struggling with the couch. In the maknaes defense though, Seungri had moved twice the things that Jiyong had.

 The two made it a few steps closer to the entrance of the house before dropping it, non-to-gracefully, back on the ground. They were tired and in serious need of a break.

 “Ah, why are we lifting the heavy things. Why can’t Daesung do this on his own.” Seungri complained. Jiyong spared a glance at the younger man before catching his own breath. They were sweating with all the physical activity.

 “You guys started moving the couch already?” Taeyang’s voice cut through and Jiyong could see the relief on his face. If Taeyang was there that means he could probably push off his current duty. Seunghyun followed shortly after.

 “Hyung, can’t you carry this? I have been moving things all morning and you just got here.”

 Jiyong began to ignore the banter between the two and focused his gaze on Seunghyun. Though the man had been there since earlier that morning, only arriving shortly after Seungri and a little before Jiyong, it was the first time that they were actually in the same room together since he was in charge of emptying the living room with Seungri and Seunghyun was in charge of the upper levels with Daesung.

 Seunghyun looked at Jiyong with a look of concern. Their contact broke when Jiyong felt the couch being lifted on the other side. Subconsciously, Jiyong looked to the other side of the couch, surprised to see Youngbae, and yelped as his grip loosened and the couch dropped again.

 Jiyong waved off Youngbae’s sorry and flexed his fingers.

 “Jiyong, do you want me to grab that?”

 The two looked at each other again and Jiyong knew instantly that he needed to reject the help. There was no way the older man wasn’t more tired then he was. He practically carried the dresser down the stairs and out of the front door by himself, Daesung carried the bed frame.

 “No Hyung, I’ve got this.”

 Jiyong nodded to Youngbae as they lifted the couch again, only a few steps were made before they dropped it again. The couch was so heavy that Jiyong was beginning to loose feeling in his arms. They would be sore in the morning. Couldn’t Daesung just leave the couch and buy a new one?

 “Jiyong-ah, take a break. I’ll get this.” Jiyong tried to protest as Seunghyun shoved him out of the way. He stumbled at the push and glared as the older man positioned himself to lift.

 “Hyung, I told you I was going to get it. It’s heavy and you just finished moving things from upstairs. You need more of a break then I do.”

 Seunghyun opened his mouth to reply but Youngbae beat him to it. “Can you two just decide who’s moving the couch? I’m ready to get this done.”

 Both men looked at Youngbae before looking at each other, Seunghyun grinned as he lifted his end of the couch, Youngbae following shortly after. “It’s not that heavy.”

 Jiyong followed behind the two as they made their way to the front yard. Daesung and Seungri were sitting on the ledge of the truck waiting to load the couch. “About time you guys get here. We thought you got lost.”

 “We would have gotten here sooner if you had helped us.”

 Jiyong laughed at the banter between Youngbae and Seungri. Daesung just said his thanks as he moved to take Seunghyuns position. Together, the members each took a position on the side of the couch, Jiyong and Seungri on one side since they were to tired to lift on their own, and lifted the couch onto the truck.

 They were finally finished. All of the big things had been removed and packed leaving only the little things to go. They could finally take a break. Jiyong stretched his arms, he should really consider working out more often.

 “Jiyong-ah, are your arms alright?”

 “Yeah, hyung. I’m stronger then I look.”


 

So, I'm sorry I didn't get to upload this chapter yesterday. I had such a busy day with having an interview and getting a job. Yup, you read correctly. After 5 months of full-time job searching after graduating from college, I finally found employment. I have a big girls job now!

Now, enough about me. I really like this chapter. I think it's really cute, especially after writing some of the future chapters. I shall give this warning right now, some of the later chapters are a little dark. I tried to change them into a lighter drabble but it just wasn't happening. The only good thing about the specific one I'm talking about is that it is 5 full pages while most of my drabbles end at 3.

Thank you for your reviews. I really do appreciate each and every one of them. I'm glad the last chapter was so well recieved. When I first read about Jiyong eating the two together I seriously thought that was the most desgusting thig that I've heard, but to each there own. He has odd taste buds that work for him.

Thank you again and I hope you enjoyed this one as well ~