Chapter 3-Secrets

The Ending Of Our Love Story

Chapter 3: secret

 

I lean my back against the wall across from the stairs as the other girl's footsteps fade away down the hall, I wait for JeongHan.Feeling somewhat guilty for being glad that she's left even though she is my friend. The boy turns to me, his shoulder against the bricks and plaster, and lets out a small sigh.

 

"Well, now that we're alone…" JeongHan says, looking at me and raising his eyebrows slightly under his long hair. I duck my head, my ears reddening, as he continues, "Do you want to just kiss, or…?"

 

"Um, what do you want to do?" I'm stalling, and JeongHan knows it; we are both sure we want more than just a single kiss.

 

But JeongHan plays along. "I will leave that one up to you," he says.

 

"Why don't we stop talking and actually dosomething?" I blurt out, reckless and wild. The butterflies in my stomach are too much to bear, and we are running low on time.

 

JeongHan eyes light up, and the corners of his mouth quirk upward. "Okay," he says in a low voice, wrapping an arm around my waist assertively and pulling me toward him, turning me so we are face to face.

 

JeongHan lips meet mine quickly, sending a shiver through me as my hands settle on his shoulders. His kisses are sure and confident as he rests both hands on my waist, holding me securely.

 

Slowly, JeongHan left hand moves up my back, brushing over my shoulder blades before he winds his fingers into my hair and tugs at it slightly. I sigh into his mouth, kissing him a little harder and lifting my hands up to cup his angelic face. He tightens his grip on my curls, making my scalp tingle a little, and warmth spreads through me.

 

A tiny whimper escapes my lips, and he slows the kiss after a moment, then wraps both arms around my waist as JeongHan pulls back from my lips. "Are you okay?" he asks softly, a touch of amusement in his voice along with the concern.

 

"Yeah," I say, breathless, laughing a little as I rest my forehead on his shoulder and let my arms fall around his neck. "I'm just a little… overwhelmed."

 

"Would you like to continue?" JeongHan says, and I lift my head again to see the smirk on his lips.

 

"That depends on how long you think we have," I say.

 

"I think you won't get in trouble if you stay a little longer," he tells me.

 

I smile. "In that case, I think we have a few more minutes."

 

Slowly, JeongHan inches closer, tilting his head so our lips almost touch. I close my eyes, just breathing him in, and I can feel him do the same for a few moments before he presses his mouth to mine once more.

 

The kiss becomes more passionate as he tangles his fingers in my hair again, and my hands slip down to his chest, palms flat against the front of his suit jacket. I can feel his heartbeat for a moment before my arm encircles his shoulders, pulling him closer. He breathes, quick and shaky, and the arm around my waist tenses briefly.

 

I am melting from the taste of his lips, and I feel my legs start to tremble as a result. I gather dark fabric in both hands, clinging to the edges of his jacket in an attempt to steady myself. I kiss him fervently, and he kisses me back with equal intensity.

 

A moment later, I hear footsteps, the scuff of sandals on a tile floor, and I break away from the kiss and open my eyes to see the girl, our friend, standing at the entrance to the stairwell with a massive grin on her face. Heat rushes to my cheeks, and I half-groan, half-laugh, wrapping my arms around the boy and burying my face in his shoulder.

 

"Can I just… die, now?" I say, muffled.

 

"Let me guess: she's standing right there?" There's humor in his voice, and – surprisingly – none of the mortification that I am currently feeling.

 

"Yep." I step away from him, still laughing in embarrassment.

 

The girl starts to walk out of the hallway the same way we entered, grinning. "Don't worry, you two," she says cheerfully, winking at me. "Your secret is safe with me."