Chapter 5 Jackson's POV

Broken Doll

It was the first I saw her real smile.

 

“What are you doing?” she stared at me in confusion. The classroom was enveloped in complete silence.

"Oh nothing." I replied. I didn't want her to ask what was my reason. I still need my old phone back but I know it'll take awhile as this girl is stubborn. I took my other phone, which was a newly released , and played video games in the meanwhile.

"Oh wow so you do have another phone. Why do you keep this old phone then? It seems like you don't need it as all you do is play." Youngji held up my phone in her hands. I tried to quickly grab it but Youngji surprisingly has fast reflexes. She pulled back and I fell to the ground after attempting to grab it.

"Is this phone that important to you?" she towered over me from above. I raised my head and stared at her with serious eyes.

"Very."

                                                                                 

     0105532001421486954_filepicker.png       

 "Jackson! It's time for lunch! Come over here!" my mother yelled from the dining room. It was a bright summer day. School was over and it was a time for fun and games. It was a time where I could spend it with my family. I ran down the stairs with pink flowers behind my back. It was my mother's birthday and I know she loves flowers. "Here mom! Flowers for you! " I gave her the flowers and she hugged me with joy. " Let's take a picture of this moment! When my precious son gave me flowers. " She took out her phone and snapped a picture. " Hey mom. Why do you take pictures?" I asked curious of her constant usage of always looking and taking pictures of her precious thngs. " Haha it's a secret. Oh look your father is coming." My father came and awarded her with love also. We gathered around the table eating with no problem in the world. Although, the bright stars in the sky could diminsh in one single night.

The next day I heard my father yell in anger. " What is this?! " my father yelled as he held out a letter that came along with red roses. My mother looked at the items with complete terror. She glanced to the items and back to my father " Honey..I could explain." My father was completely furious. He threw the flowers on the ground and crushed them with his soles of his shoes. He ripped up the letter to tiny pieces and it fell to the ground crushed like the roses. " Please I could explain." my mother weeped as she knelt to the ground. " Honey it was a mistake. A mistake I made long ago. You know I loved you." my mother begged as she tried to hold his hand. My father slapped her hands away. "That's your mistake. You only 'loved' me. Leave. I don't want to see you again." my father turned away. I know he still loves as I saw his tears as he walked away. The thing I will never know if my mother loves him back. More importantly, if my mother loves me.

On the day my mother was to leave was the day I doubted her love. Why did she accept on leaving? Why is she leaving? What about me? If she truly loves me, wouldn't she stay? All these questions rang in my head and finally got my answer when she went out the door.

My mother carrying all of belongings with a sad look in her eyes when she looked at me. " Mama! Please don't leave! " I cried as I tugged her skirt. She didn't say a word and grabbed her phone out of her pocket. She put it in my hands and left. The last time I saw her was when she was hugging her child in her arms. The child that replaced me.

I took my first and last picture of my mother.

                  0105532001421486954_filepicker.png

Youngji stared at me with eyes of pity. In her eyes, I could also see the sadness she held. " Ehhhh but it's fine. My mother left me but it's fine. " I laughed to released the tense atmosphere. " Don't you hate your mother for replacing you? " Youngji asked looking with the most serious eyes I've seen on her face. " No. " I answered. She clicked her tongue and placed the phone on the desk. " You could have it back. " Youngji mumbled something under her breath as she quietly went back to her seat. I swear I heard and missed something important. " It's weird for your mother to love someone as stupid as you. " she continued talking under her breath. " But she loves you anyways. " I was a bit offended by her snarky words but I wondered why she thought that. " What makes you think that? " Youngji sighed " If she didn't, why would she keep many pictures of you. " She was right. In the phone my mother left me contained dozens of photos of me. My mother has always loved me. 

" You know. You are actually nicer than I thought. " I smiled. Youngji with her usual fake smile grinned at me back. " And you are more stupid than I thought. " Tch I take that back. " Hey!! My parents loved me for my awesome brain not stupidity." Youngji smiled.

" I wish I had it too. "