Chapter 12

Broken Doll

"It's sad how the people you were once so close with can become just another stranger you don't know."


 

"Who could do such a thing?" Was the one thought everyone had in their mind. The desk had scratch marks and the red bolded words were spray-painted on the desk. A black rose laid on the desk. It was rare to see one. The papers that were inside my desk were scattered on the floor. It was just a mess. "Um...I'll go tell the teacher you need a new desk." Bambam said and ran off. I started to pick up the papers on the floor, scavenging on what was left. Hara got a trashbag to throw away the papers that were trampled and shredded. "Hey what's this?" Jackson asked. He picked a porcelain doll that was sitting on my chair. A doll that had a pink frilly dress and silky brown hair. Her brown hair was curled and in pigtails. It was would have been a beautiful perfect doll but its face was smashed into pieces. One side of her face left a hole and the other still intact. One eye was the color of the sky on a mellow rainy day, a soft dark blue. Its shimmer that was clouded by the darkness. The other eye, a crystal marble, fallen from her socket. "Uhh I'm guessing this isn't yours?" Jackson said as he held the doll. Hara snatched the doll from his hands. " Well of course not. Why would she keep a broken doll? Not really a pretty thing to keep." Hara said as she stuffed the doll into the trash bag. I know she was talking about the doll but what she said made me a bit offended. 

We finished cleaning the area but the damage to the my desk was inreversable so we just left it just the way it was. BamBam told the teacher and the adminstration would do their best to find the culprit. The teacher said it would be best to go home for today. It was fine anyways because none of us had no planned club or sport activities. "So who do you think would do this?" BamBam asked wondering about this unsolved mystery. Hm who would do this? I mean I'm not that surprised about this. It just hasn't happened in awhile. "Hmph. Who else do you think would do this? It be no one but HER." Hara crossing her arms and was irritated about the thought. "Haha don't be so butthurt about what she did to you five years ago. We were just kids." BamBam said as he patted her back to calm her. Jackson looking left out said, "Uhhh who are you guys talking about? Who's HER?" 

She was troublesome. A bit troublesome to us all.

                0105532001421486954_filepicker.png

"Bleh! Ew this cake's digusting." a girl with short black hair spat out the cake she was eating. She crossed her arms that were pale and seemed delicate but her fingers said otherwise. Her fingers covered in bandages from her constant punching and fighting. Her eyes always filled with stubborness and defiance.

"Ya Kang Jihyun! Are you picking a fight?" a pissed off Hara yelled as she put all her effort in her cake. "Are you? I said my name is Soyou not Kang Jihyun!!" Soyou screamed at her back. "Eh? Ha. This kid. Are you talking back to an elder?!" Hara said in disbelief. Soyou just sneered at her "So what? You're not even that older than me." At that moment Hara snapped and fists went flying. 

"Guys don't fight." a 12 year old, soft-spoken Youngji said. It was no use as they kept on fighting. "Ah. I don't think they will stop." BamBam said watching them as he bounced his basketball. They eventually stopped and received new bruises but their anger against each other did not fade away. "Here. Your forehead is bleeding a little." Youngji reached out to Soyou who sat on the sand of the playground, who was breathing heavily from her previous fight, and tried to gave her a bandage. Soyou swatted Youngji's hand away. "I don't need it. Leave me alone." she said and looked at Youngji with her furious eyes. Youngji didn't know why her cousin hated her so much. For Youngji, Soyou used to be a nice girl who used to follow them around. She used to smile when Youngji called her but one day Soyou grew distant and grew to hate Youngji's voice. Youngji wanted to reach out and help her but Soyou refused.

For Soyou, her cousin was someone who she needed to defeat. Youngji couldn't help her in solving Soyou's problem.

Because the problem was her.