Chapter 1

Broken Doll

" Good Morning!" Youngji said with her brightest smile. She bowed and smiled politely to all her classmates. Youngji asked if everyone had a good day and gave the teacher a polite bow. Her classmates admired her for being so bubbly and friendly. She was paragon of friendliness.

" There she goes again saying Good Morning! to everyone. What a nice girl." one of Youngji's classmates said to another.

" She is always so friendly. I never seen anything else on her face other than a smile." the other classmate said.

Youngji overheard and as always maintained that smile on her face. So far, it went according to her plan and she can't afford to break it. People may say she's the perfect image of happiness but in reality, it's quite the opposite. She is the perfect image of sadness.

 

              

" Youngji!!! " a voice resonated through the room. I turned around to see a petite doll-looking lady. I automatically my smile switch.

" Hara! Where have you been? " I asked.

Hara ran to my arms and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back because that seemed like a friendly way to respond back.

" Wah! Youngji you're hugging me too tight. Just because I hugged tightly first, doesn't mean you could return the favor even harder." Hara pouted.

" Haha I'm sorry. I was so excited to see my best friend." I responded with an excited tone.

" I have some exciting news! " Hara said. I could tell in her eyes she was super excited. I asked her what could possibly get her so worked up.

" Well.. There's going to be a new st-" Hara said before she got cut off by a sudden yell by a noisy boy.

" YOUNGJI!!!" a boy yelled and ran over to my side. He was shy and stuttered.

"Uh- Hey..Y-youngji. Um..how a-are you today?" the blonde boy barely managed to say.

" Hi BamBam! I'm doing good. How are you?" I said brightly. BamBam turned red and shyly smiled. 

"Anyways..what I was saying was that-" Hara started to say but got interrupted again by a sudden loud noise. 

"UGH! WHAT NOW!?" Hara exploded. A boy with black hair entered his room. By the looks of it, I could tell he wasn't Korean. He wasn't tall but he had muscular build at least. He wasn't my type of man but something about him interested me. Something about him attracted me.

The boy walked towards me. Everyone else in the room were silently chattering about this mysterious boy.

" Hey, do you know if I'm in the right room?" the black-haired boy asked. I would have helped him as that would be a kind thing to do but he was speaking in a foreign language that I wasn't good at. So all I did was put the brightest smile on my face and directed it towards him. Although instead of smiling back, his face turned grim and scowled at me. I was surprised. No one has ever declined my friendliness.

" Hey bro! You must be the new foreign transfer student. I'll help you check. May I see your schedule?" BamBam said with his perfect English. 

"Youngji, he's actually a new foreign student that I was about to tell you earlier. Isn't he cute?" Hara whispered in my ear.

"Hey Youngji, how about you show him around school and stuff since you're class president?" BamBam said. Of course I accepted since I am class president after all. A new classmate means a new friend.

A new classmate means a new enemy.

" Hi! I am Youngji." I said with the best English I could muster. I held out my hand for him to shake. 

All he did was grimaced at me.

" I hate fake people." the man said in Korean.

People were shocked but were glad they wouldn't have to deal with language barriers. I'm shocked because I have to deal with a rude boy.

" E-excuse me?" I managed to keep a smile while others wouldn't manage to even control themselves and hit him. I kept my hand frozen in the air hoping that I didn't misheard him.

" I HATE fake people like you. What's up with that  ugly broken smile?" he kept that grimace on his face.

And I hate people who could see through me.