Chapter 11

Broken Doll

I did not get any sleep from the nightmares last night. My eyes stayed wide open through the night and it showed that it did.

"Hey! Woah.. You look like-" Jackson shocked from my apparent lack of sleep. 

"A train wreck? Yeah, I know." I told him as I was pasting flyers around school. I don't have time to think about sleep when I have other important matters. I looked at the paper on the wall with bold letters: 'STUDENT COUNCIL ELECTIONS'. 

Jackson also glanced over the flyers that are pasted all over the school. "What's that?" he asked. I smiled and said " Can you not read? " " Why do I even bother? " Jackson sighed. "Well that's what you get for messing with me. If you're going to be sticking around, might as well put you into use." I gave him a stack of flyers and commanded him to paste them around. Thanks to Jackson, my workload decreased in half. 

" So you will be giving a speech for this?" Jackson asked, not being able to keep his mouth shut for once. I nodded as a reply. " You must nervous aren't you?"

"Nervous? Of course I am not. What makes you think that?!" I said as I turned around and looked at him. Jackson smiled, "I just realized something...You raise your voice when you're nervous. Hah caught Youngji in the act!" Well he was right, like he always was about me. " Stop blabbing and keep pasting." I said, ignoring his comment. In the next hour we were able to finish the job.

"That was more harder than I thought." Jackson said as he stretched his arms. " Harder. Without the more." I commented on his mistake. "Yeah yeah whatever Ms.Perfectionist. You know what? We should go get something sweeten up your mood." Jackson suggested as we walked in the hallway. 

"Count me in! I always had a love with sweets." a voice chimed in. BamBam came out from the corner with his basketball in hand along with Hara right behind him. "If we're going to go somewhere sweet we better go to Swan's Sweet Bakery." Hara said trying to hide her interest. "Ay it's about time you made a move" Jackson whispered as he nudged BamBam in the arm. BamBam hit Jackson in the gut and they spent a few minutes mumbling amongst themselves, leaving Hara and me utterly confused. "Well let's leave those idiots alone." Hara clicked her tongue at the two boy's antics. "They're always like that. It's nice to know they get along like us." I smiled genuinely. Hara looked at me in the eye and grinned. Since childhood, Hara was one of the few people I trust. It was a very hard to trust people and I'm glad I didn't regret it. 

"If we're going to go buy goods you need money you know." Hara said. Hara must really want to go eat delicious pastries. Unfortunately I left my wallet inside my bag which was back in the classroom. "You guys going back to the classroom? Because I left my bag there too. Let's all go!" 0105532001421486954_filepicker.png

"Sooo are you going to tell me about Hara?" Jackson smiled at BamBam looking for answers. The guys walked behind the girls far enough so they couldn't hear their conversation. "What about her? What a weird question." BamBam said as his eyes only looked forward. Jackson rolled his eyes, "Dude I know. The way you look at her. It's quite obvious." "Well call Captain Obvious because I still don't know what you're talking about." BamBam said as his eyes still didn't meet Jackson's. Jackson kept staring until BamBam finally looked at him. "OK fine. I admit it. I do like her." BamBam said. "HA I always knew. Well what are you waiting for? Are you going to tell her?" Jackson said as he grinned from his newly proven assumption. BamBam looked away and his face turned to a crestfallen expression. "No I can't." BamBam whispered more so to himself than to Jackson. " What? What do you mean you can't?" Jackson asked as he was confused by his sudden dark expression. " I just CAN'T OK?!" BamBam said raising his voice at Jackson. Jackson was taken back by this someone who does not seem like BamBam. He was a gentle one and never yelled at anyone before. BamBam saw his mistake and apologized, "Sorry Jackson for yelling at you. It's just I can't. I've tried and..." Jackson put his hand on BamBam's shoulder. His eyes saying he was not pressuring BamBam to say it. Although BamBam did want to tell him.

"But I failed her. Hara and I will never be together. We'll never be more than friends. The day I failed her is when I lost my chance." BamBam revealed the truth and the boys walked in silence pretending the conversation never began.

0105532001421486954_filepicker.png

"So Hara, did you find what you're looking for?" I asked as we strolled along. Hara is in a never ending search for her father. I knew how much she wanted to have a full family when we were young. She once told me how lucky I was to have my father. I thought the same before but not so much now. 

" Almost. I am almost done with this long mission. I will have what I always wanted soon." Hara said. I squeezed her hand knowing that her dreams will come true some day. Also wondering when will mine come? 

"Okay chop chop we don't have all day." Hara said as we arrived at the classroom. Jackson went to the seat close to the door and snagged his backpack off the chair. " Okay I'm ready to go!" Jackson excited for the trip to the bakery. " And I'll get my wallet so we can-" I said until I saw what was on my desk. Or what it once used to be a clean and unmarked desk. On my desk laid a black rose with big bold words painted in red:

YOU WILL NEVER WIN.

All of us were horrified. Who could do such thing?