Hyosung's Stupid, Kikwang's Excited and Santa's Not Real?

24 Hours of You

 

"I'm so stupid!" Hyosung threw up her hands in frustration. "Stupid! Babo, babo, babo!"

"It's okay, unnie." Jieun rubbed Hyosung's back comfortingly.

"Who's stupid?" Zinger came in and sat down next to Hyosung.

"Argh!" Hyosung whined. "I saw Kikwang today."

"That doesn't sound very stupid," Sunhwa said as she sat down beside Jieun. Zinger nodded her head in agreement.


"Ah, I'm not finished!" Hyosung said in exasperation. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. "I dropped the grocery list you guys gave me, and he picked it up." 

Sunhwa opened to say something, but Hyosung interrupted her. "Then we said hello..."

Jieun nodded understandingly, as she already knew what happened. Sunhwa looked bored. Zinger rolled her eyes.

"...Then he bowed and..." Hyosung continued. "He hit my nose."

"What?" Sunhwa sat up completely straight.

"Daebakk!" Zinger finally seemed interested in Hyosung's conversation.

"Omo, and it started bleeding!" Hyosung said. "It was so humiliating!" She buried her face in her hands.

"Aw, it's fine, unnie!"

"That's not too bad..." Zinger and Sunhwa tried to comfort Hyosung like Jieun was doing earlier.

"No, it was fine after that." Hyosung's famous gummy smile appeared on her face as she thought back to her and Kikwang's skinship. He touched my cheek... She blushed at the memory.

"Hey, hey! Earth to lover-girl!" Zinger flicked Hyosung's forehead. "What happened after?"

"Ow!" Hyosung flinched. "Oh right!" She remembered that she still at her dorm with her members. "We went and finished shopping together. He even payed. For everything!"

"Omo, so sweet!" Sunhwa gushed as she back-hugged Jieun and rested her head on her shoulder while focusing on Hyosung.

"Yah, get off!" Jieun tried to push Sunhwa away, but she ignored her.

"When we were done," Hyosung said. "I offered to help him carry his bags back to his dorm."

"Did you?" Jieun asked while still trying to shake Sunhwa off herself.

"Of course," Hyosung replied. "He had six bags full of his things! Six!" She held up six fingers for emphasis. "I couldn't let him carry all that on his own."

"I don't know," Zinger said. "Kikwang-ssi seems pretty strong..."

"Oh no, but he let me," said Hyosung. "He didn't turn me down."

"Turn you down for what?" The girls' manager suddenly entered the room.

"Oh, it's nothing, oppa," Hyosung assured the manager. "I was just telling the girls what happened at the supermarket."

"That's okay," their manager said. "Just remember to come see me when you're finished. I have to talk to you about a TV appearance."

"Okay, oppa," Hyosung said. Their manager left the room again and she continued telling her story. "So I helped him carry his bags back to his dorm, and I saw the other BEAST members."

"Oh, how are they?" Sunhwa asked.

"They're fine," said Hyosung. "Then we got there, I helped him put away some of the food. And... He called me noona."

"What's wrong with that?" Zinger asked. "Isn't he younger than you?"

"Yeah, but he's never called me that before..." Hyosung said.

"Think of it this way," Jieun said encouragingly. "Maybe he calling you 'noona' because he feels that he is closer to you now."

"Yeah... Yeah! That could be it!" Hyosung said hopefully. Then she started to pout again. "Anyways, after that, I left. But when I said goodbye to him, I hugged him!" Hyosung hid in her hands again.

"What? That's not a bad thing," Sunhwa said.

"No... It was his expression! He was like this!" Hyosung tried to imitate the blank expression Kikwang had on after she hugged him. Zinger and Sunhwa immediately understood why Kikwang had acted this way, but they noticed that Hyosung was too mortified to consider that possibility.

"What?!" Sunhwa pretended to be shocked.

"I know," said Hyosung.

"No!" Zinger tried to add, but she was so unconvincing, Hyosung thought she was mocking her.

"Yah, what's with you?" Hyosung asked, suspicious.

"What are you talking about?" Zinger tried to say nonchalantly as she met Sunhwa's eyes. Jieun looked at them disapprovingly.

"Say, unnie, have you considered that Kikwang acted that way because he likes you?" Jieun said as Sunhwa and Zinger tried to discourage her, panicked. 

"Jieun-ah!" Sunhwa whispered to her harshly.

"Wha-" Hyosung started to answer Jieun when her manager interrupted her from the other room.

"Hyosung! Remember to talk to me about to television appearance," he said.

"Coming, oppa!" Hyosung got up from the couch and went to the other room.

After she left, Jieun scowled at the remaining two girls. "Yah, you two, that wasn't nice."

"We didn't do anything wrong," Zinger said.

"Lying is wrong," Jieun said. "You should've told that Kikwang likes her. It's obvious!"

"Even if we did tell her, do you think she would've done something?" Zinger pointed out.

"...You're probably right."
~
“Oppa, what did want me to talk to me about again?” Hyosung asked the manager.

“Ah, this weekend, on Sunday, you have a recording with Win Win on KBS," the manager said.

Win Win? "Okay. Just me?"

"No, Jieun is going with you," said her manager as he flipped through some papers.

"Okay, oppa," Hyosung said before returned to the living room.

After she left, the manager kept looking at the papers. Hosts: Kim Seung Woo, Kim Sung Soo, Jung Jae, Lee Kikwang. The manager smirked when he saw the last name. He had overheard Hyosung's conversation with the other SECRET members.

He chuckled. This will be interesting.
~
Meanwhile, the BEAST members were having breakfast. It seemed like a normal breakfast for the boys, but Kikwang was being uncharacteristically silent. 

"Hey, Kikwang-ah, pass me napkin," Hyunseung asked. Kikwang just stared his protein shake. 

"Yah!" Doojoon hit Kikwang on the back of his head.

"Huh? Oh, here," Kikwang said as he gave Hyunseung a napkin.

"What's up with you?" Junhyung asked Kikwang. Kikwang responded by picking at his.

"It's probably because of Hyosung," Dongwoon said.

"What, because she hugged him?" said Doojoon. "If that was it, he would be jumping around and screaming like the dork he is."

"Don't be silly," Yoseob interjected. "He's probably still processing it." Right as he said it, Kikwang jumped out of his seat.

"Guys did you see that?" He frantically waved his arms. "She hugged me!"

"Told you," Yoseob whispered to Doojoon. Doojoon sat up straighter in his chair.

"If I didn't know any better," he said. "I would say you had a crush on Hyosung."

"I didn't say that!" Kikwang argued as he swung his arms down to his sides.

"I wonder how Hyosung would feel if she heard you." Yoseob pretended to his imaginary beard in deep contemplation. "You'd probably have hurt her feelings."

"What? No, that's not it!" Kikwang insisted.

"Then what is the case?" Yoseob leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"I... I..." Kikwang hesitated. "I like Jeon Hyosung!"

"Woo!" The other members started clapping.

"Well this is interesting," a voice said from behind Kikwang.

"Argh!" Kikwang jumped, startled.

"Ow." Their manager rubbed his ear. That was loud."

"Sorry, hyung," Kikwang apologized.

"Anyways, guess who is guesting on the next episode of Win Win?"

The room was quiet.

"Rain?" Dongwoon suggested.

"No, you idiot, he's in the army!" Junhyung said as he pushed Dongwoon. "Umm... Lee Hyori," he guessed.

"Nope," their other manager said as he walked into the room.

Hyunseung thought about it. "Aish! I give up!" 

"Yeesh, you guys are so undetermined," one manager said. "Doojoon, drumroll please." Doojoon started to drum on the table.

"It is..." the two managers said together. "SECRET's Song Jieun..."

"Aw!" Half of the boys groaned. Not because it was Jieun, as she is a very nice person, but because it wasn't...

"And Jeon Hyosung!" The boys cheered.

"Thank you, hyung!" Kikwang latched onto the nearest manager with a hug. He might not have been even touching the ground.

"Kikwang-ah... Let go," the manager said as the other one tried to peel Kikwang off him. He succeeded, but then Kikwang grabbed onto him.

"Oh, God." The other manager put his head in his hand. "Um... But remember the company's policy about not dating?"

"What?" Kikwang let go immediately and he looked at the manager with astonishment. The others tried to contain their laughter. "Wait... Junhyung's dating!" Kikwang pointed out. Everyone else burst out laughing.

"Ha! You should've seen him!" Yoseob said in between laughs. "He looked like a child who was told Santa wasn't real!"

"Santa isn't real?" Kikwang asked.

"...That is a conversation for another time."
Well... Another update after few days. I feel so productive! I have exams coming up, but I promise to update again within the week. I also changed my spelling from Gikwang to Kikwang. I don't know why. Maybe because I prefer K over G. Thanks for all the subs and keep reading!