The Unplanned Supermarket Not-Date

24 Hours of You

 

“Kikwang-ssi!” Hyosung got up on her feet and took the piece of paper from his hand. Kikwang was just looking at her with his jaw dropped, mesmerized. "Thanks!"

"Oh, yes! You're welcome-ah!" Kikwang half bowed before hitting his head on Hyosung's nose.

"Ow!"

"Ah-Hyosung!" Kikwang rubbed his  forehead briefly before turning his attention to Hyosung. "Ah, are you okay?" His hand went to her cheek.

"Yeah, see?" She removed her hand from her nose. It was bleeding. "Oh!" Hyosung quickly tried to cover her nose again.

"Hyosung!" Kikwang reached into his pocket for a tissue and started to wipe at Hyosung's face. "I'm, sorry, it's all my fault..."

No, it's fine!" Hyosung's cheeks reddened as she grew increasingly  aware of Kikwang's contact with her skin.

"I think I'm going to need more tissues..." Kikwang muttered to himself. "Hold it like this." He showed Hyosung how she should hold the tissue to her nose. "I'll be right back."

“Okay.” She took the tissue and went to sit on a nearby bench while Kikwang ran off to the bathroom for more tissues.

As Kikwang walked to the bathroom, his phone went off. “Oh, Yoseob-ah?” He said out loud as he picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hey! Where are you? We’re hungry!” Yoseob yelled on the other side. “Hungry!” “Hungry!” The other members chimed in the background.

“Ah it’s your fault for sending me!” Kikwang complained. His annoyed look quickly melted into a goofy grin. “But you’ll never guess who I met here.”

“Ah, who?” Yoseob asked.

“Hyosung-ssi." Kikwang's smile unknowingly widened.

"YAH!" Yoseob yelled so loud that Kikwang had to pull his phone a foot away from his ear. "You planned this, didn't you?"

"What? No!" Kikwang looked mortified. "If anything, you planned this! You're the one who sent me to the store!" He could hear Doojoon and Dongwoon snicker in the background.

"Are you complaining?"

"...No. Of course not!"

"Then maybe you should thank me," Yoseob said. "Have fun on your date!"

Click

"Date?" Kikwang asked confusedly, but Yoseob had already hung up. He looked once more at his phone before putting it back in his pocket.

"Kikwang-ssi!" Hyosung was at the other end of the aisle. 

"Hyosung!"

"I was getting worried," she said once she caught up to Kikwang. "What was taking you so long?" She was still holding the tissue to her nose. "The bleeding probably stopped already!" She half-joked, half-informed him.

"Oh, Yoseob called," Kikwang said.

"Ah." Hyosung nodded. "What did he say?"

"Uh-well..." Kikwang rubbed the back of his head as he blushed.

"Oh, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine!" Kikwang said. "He was just complaining how hungry everyone was and was wondering why I wasn't back with the food." He left out Yoseob's implication that he and Hyosung were on a date.

I mean, who goes on a date to the supermarket? Only a couple who lives together would go and buy ingredients together... Kikwang's cheeks flushed at the thought of him and Hyosung living together.


"...Right?" Hyosung said, snapping Kikwang out of his thoughts. 

"Huh?" Kikwang gave her a confused look.

"You weren't listening, were you?" Hyosung asked, while looking hurt.

"...No," Kikwang said softly. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine!" She put on a big gummy smile. "I was just saying that it would be a good idea if we shop together so we could get it finished quicker."

Kikwang's earlier thoughts of married couples shopping to together came to mind again. "Yeah, that's a good idea," he said in a trance-like state.

"Okay," Hyosung said, not noticing his detatchedness. "Let's go!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him down the supermarket aisle.

"Huh?" Kikwang said once he snapped out of his thoughts. "Oh..." he whispered to himself as he took notice of Hyosung holding his hand.

"Come on!" Hyosung said as she looked back at him.
~
"That will be 40,000 won," the cashier said, reaching for the receipt and Kikwang's bags. 

Hyosung looked at Kikwang, confused at which one them is paying."

"I'll pay," Kikwang whispered to her with a smile. "More than half of this stuff is mine anyways." Indeed, he was correct. Ah, the appetite of boys. Meanwhile the cashier looked between the pair, noticing their smitten smiles and nervous giggles that, for some reason, went unnoticed by Hyosung and Kikwang themselves.

"So how long have you two been together," he inquired.

Hyosung's mouth opened in shock. "Oh no, we're not dating," she told the cashier.

A little bit behind her, Kikwang's face fell. The cashier noticed this and shot him a discreet, understanding look.

"I see," the cashier said, nodding. "Here's your receipt." He handed the slip of paper to Kikwang. "Thank you."

"Thank you," Kikwang said as he took the receipt.

“Come on, Kikwang-ssi,” Hyosung said as she took half of the grocery bags.

“Good luck,” the cashier mouthed to Kikwang as he took the rest of the bags.

“Mm.” He grunted.
~
"Omo, a lot of these are yours," Hyosung said as she peeked into each of the bags she held. "How will you get these home?" She pulled her head away from the last bag and looked at Kikwang.

"That's okay I can carry..." Kikwang started to say when he noticed that two of the four bags Hyosung carried his things and all four of the bags he was carrying were his.  He definitely couldn't carry them all.

“Tell you what.” Hyosung readjusted the grocery bags in her arms. “How about I help you bring these to your dorm?”

“You don’t have to do that,” Kikwang said.

“No, it’s fine,” said Hyosung. “It’s no trouble. Now, lead the way Kikwang-ssi!" She said dramatically.

Kikwang chuckled. She's so cute.

"Well?" Hyosung said, looking at Kikwang. "Where are we going?"

Oh right, we still have bring the food to the dorm. "Follow me."
~
"Hyosung-ssi!" Junhyung greeted.

"Hyosung-ah!" Doojoon called.

"Hyosung-noona!" Yoseob and Dongwoon said.

"Hyosung?" Hyunseung poked his head into the dorm's living room.

"Hi, guys!" Hyosung waved two of her bags as she went to the kitchen to set the bags down.

Kikwang went to follow when he stopped and narrowed his eyes at Dongwoon and Yoseob, who were standing together. "Noona?" He asked, annoyed.

"What? Isn't she older than us?" Dongwoon said innocently while Yoseob snickered next to him, understanding Kikwang's reaction to their seemingly harmless honorific use.

"Yeah." Kikwang nodded, unconvinced. Dongwoon just shrugged and went to talk to Doojoon.

After he left, Yoseob went over to Kikwang and whispered to him. "Keke, you're jealous that we can call her 'noona' and you still call her Hyosung-ssi."

"Shut up." Kikwang pouted.

"You've known her for several years now, you don't have to be so formal with her. Doojoon doesn't even use an honorific with her," Yoseob pointed out.

"What?" Kikwang directed his attention to his leader, who was currently laughing, unaware of Kikwang's eyes boring holes into his back. Junhyung noticed this though.

"What's wrong with him?" he asked Yoseob.

"Everything," Yoseob said. "Mwahahaha!"

"Kikwang-ssi?" Hyosung came into the room. "Aren't you going to put away your bags?"

"Oh right!" Kikwang followed her back into the kitchen while Yoseob and Doojoon snickered and Hyunseung muttered something about being "-whipped."

"Can you help me with this, Kikwang-ssi?" Hyosung said after her companion set down his four bags down on a table. She was trying to put a package on a higher shelf.

"Sure, noona," Kikwang said. He went over to help her but Hyosung made no movements to near the shelf.

"Noona? That's new," Hyosung said.

"I can call you that, can't I?" Kikwang said. "You are older than me."

"Yeah, but not by much," Hyosung said." Besides, it makes me feel old."

"Okay... noona."

"Aish! Really, you!" Hyosung said as she hit Kikwang's arm. She was about to say more too, until she noticed how muscular his arm felt. opened slightly as her cheeks turned beet red. She looked up at Kikwang's face just in time to meet his eyes.

"Hyo-" Kikwang started to say.

"Kikwang-ah!" Doojoon walked into the kitchen followed by the other BEAST members. "We're hungry!"

Hyosung and Kikwang jumped away from each other at the sight of company. It didn't matter. The others didn't seem to notice their closeness.

"Food!" Yoseob yelled as he went to one of the bags and started to search through it.

"Hyosung-ah, do want to eat with us?" Doojoon asked as Dongwoon, Yoseob and Hyunseung started to pull out different items of food out of the bags.

"No, thank you," Hyosung answered. "I still have to bring Sunhwa, Jieun and Hana their food." She held up her two bags.

"Okay." Doojoon nodded. 

"I'll walk you back," Kikwang offered.

"No, I'll be fine," Hyosung said. "Besides, you need to eat too."

Kikwang opened his mouth to protest, when his stomach let out a loud rumble.

Hyosung giggled. “See?” she said. “Bye Kikwang!” She gave him a quick hug. "Bye guys!" She waved to each of the other BEAST members.

"Bye!"

"Bye noona!"

"Bye Hyosung-ssi!" Each of the boys bid her farewell as she headed to the door except for Kikwang. He was still frozen in shock from Hyosung's hug.

Arghh! I feel so bad, I haven't updated in over a week! Thanks for all the subs, comments and keep reading! Now... back to work.