Practice Day

Other Half

“That’s all for today. Thank you for your hard work.” The choreographer said to all of the musical cast who practice today.

It’s been 3 days since Jaehwan started to drive me home after practice. I don’t know if I have to thank Taekwoon or not. It feels awkward.



The first day he drove me home, he was calling me in front of all cast casually. I was across the big practice room, quite a distance from him. He called me, “켄이냐~~~ 집에 가자!” I was so so embarrassed because everyone in the room spontaneously turned their head to me. But then, when we were already inside the car, I told him not to do that again. I said I don’t want people to think the wrong way about us.

To be honest, a very small part of myself wanted people to think there is something between us.

I walked out of the building and walk towards the bus station which stands across the street. Suddenly there’s a hand holding my shoulder, stopping me to cross. “Where are you going?” The owner of the hand said.

I turned around, and it was Jaehwan.

“Jaehwan, why are you here?” I was surprised of his presence. “Of course to drive you home.” He replied.

Never come in my mind he would pick me up today. He didn’t have a practice schedule today, and Taekwoon did asked him to drive me home when he is practicing as well.

“Are you just gonna stand here? Let’s go!” He dragged me to his car lightly. I blushed. Weird.

•••

“Thank you for the ride.” I said to Jaehwan as I get off the car. “Next time, if you don’t have practice, you don’t need to pick me up. That’s okay.”

“But I wanted to.” He talked back to me with a little bit of aegyo. I try not to look flustered.

“Well okay. Umm… Do you want to stop by first?” I offered him. I think I will sound impolite if I send him home right away.

“I thought you would never ask.” He said. Then he directly park his car. I was standing there blankly on what he just said.

•••

I knocked my apartment door. “Why you knock? You have a key right?” Jaehwan asked. “I don’t want ended up disturbing whatever those two birds doing if they are inside.” I answered.

I remember very well how I enter the apartment and find Taekwoon clinging to Gummy in the kitchen while she was cooking. I was standing there for 2 minutes watching Taekwoon making Gummy to kiss her; from playing with her hair, put his face right beside Gummy’s cheek and saying things like ‘don’t you miss me?’ and 'don’t you want to kiss me’?, until forced Gummy to looked at him by turning her head over to faced him and pouting. But Gummy only ended up pinching his waist, because she realized I was standing there and Leo was as red as a tomato when he knew I was witnessing things he never did in front of people.

I knock once again. I think no one is in the house.

Oh no! It’s going to be only the two of us here. Why I invited him over?? Regretting my decision.

I opened the door after struggling finding the key inside my chaos bag. Women’s bag is a black hole.

“Help yourself, If you want anything to drink just  take it from the fridge.” I told him. “I’m changing first, okay?”

He nodded. He sat on the couch as I walked to my room.

I changed my clothes to an oversized t-shirt and legging. Then went out to wash my face in the bathroom. Jaehwan was still on the couch playing game on his phone. He glanced at me, then continuing to play.

After done with my face, I was about to offer Jaehwan something to eat. But he fell asleep, with his phone on his chest. He looks so handsome, I swear. I looked at him for a good minute,2 steps from him, before surprised at someone who buzz on the intercom.

I reached the intercom, “Who is it?”
“Open the gate please, I forgot my keys.” Oh it’s Gummy.

Waiting for Gummy to arrive at our floor, I looked around for her keys. I found it near the microwave.

When Gummy entered the apartment with Taekwoon, both of them were questioning “Why Jaehwan sleep here?” I answered, “Because he wants to.”