It's Showtime!

Other Half

It’s been 1,5 months since the musical show started. Cinderella the musical show called. Jaehwan’s role as Christopher the prince charming received a lot of praise from people.

My performance? I did pretty well so far. I didn’t got recognition like Jaehwan do of course. But getting a lot of encouragement from the seniors makes me feel good.

Plus Jaehwan never forget, even a single day, to compliment how was I on stage, how pretty I am, and how he always wishes that if I was the Cinderella, so he could kiss me on stage in front of people. That 바보!

But…. I wouldn’t mind tho haha.

Tomorrow is Jaehwan’s last show, as well as the musical show itself. There is no show today, me and Jaehwan spend our free time together since lunch time. We cooked penne aglio olio mushroom at my place, well more like Jaehwan accompanying cooking.

He kept looking at me who try to cook deliciously, he was like studying the way I cut the ingredients, how I stir it, and others. He would pinch my cheek every time he talks and want me to hear him. He would put his head on my shoulder when he wants attention. He even would land a kiss on the side of my neck to break my concentration. He loves bothering me. He loves it too much.

Somehow, I was very hungry. I eat very fast, I even didn’t talk a bit to Jaehwan. I finished my pasta first. Jaehwan chuckled at me and give me his iconic kissy face. I slap his cheek lightly and told him to finished his food.

There is some leftover penne, I guess it’s enough for Taekwoon and Gummy once they get back from cat shelter. They go to cat shelter once every month to delivered some foods or pet sands. So I put the penne in the microwave.

When I wash the dishes, Jaehwan was leaning on the counter beside the dishes place.

“Jagiya~ Keniyaaa~” he called me. I turned my head and bump my lips to his cheek, where he purposely put his cheek very close to me.

“야~~ 재환아!” I nagged at him as I finished doing the dishes. “You can just said if you want a kiss.” I dry my hand quickly and attack Jaehwan with a long kiss on his left cheek while my right hand holding the other side of his cheek. “Happy?” I said. He grinned at me, the biggest grin he ever gave to me.

“No.” He shook his head and pouting his lower lip. “We never kiss, on the lips.” I can feel my face turn red, apple red. I mean, if he wanted to kiss me he didn’t need to say it out loud. I feel so flustered but I try to look cool. I threw him the kitchen cloth near the counter and walk away to the living room. He chased me and hugged me from behind, he dragged me and we stumbled on each other feet then fell down on the couch. Suddenly there is Taekwoon, pretending to cough. I quickly sit straight and push Jaehwan over. We didn’t hear him unlocking the door, maybe because we were to busy chuckling.

“Where’s Gummy?” I asked. “I’m here.” She shouted from where the shoe cabinet is.

“Tomorrow is our las stage,” said Jaehwan. “Don’t you guys want to come?”

“Of course!” Gummy said from behind Taekwoon. “But aren’t we -” Taekwoon didn’t get to finish his words because Gummy pinch his waist. “We will come, promise.” She said.

Taekwoon turned to face Gummy, I heard him whispered, “You said tomorrow night you’ll bake some brownies for me!” He then left to Gummy’s room. He can be that cranky when it comes to food. So childish.

“형, 왜 그래??” gawked Jaehwan when Taekwoon closed his door. He looks a little bit angry.

“He will come, trust me.” I comforted Jaehwan as I his side hair to the back. “You know how he is.”

•••

The next day

Chungmu Art Hall is already full of people since 4PM. While the show itself will start at 8PM. I came later than Jaehwan. Jaehwan has posted on his twitter what he got from his fans as a congratulatory gift for his last stage, a giant 1 meter Chopper doll, he loves it big time.

It’s almost 7PM, I have no time to meet Jaehwan first. I rushed to change and get ready.

The show started on schedule. Jaehwan did brilliant as usual, as well as the other main cast. But this musical really makes him shine brighter than before. He’s really becoming the prince of the stage, literally.

After an amazing 2 hours show, the musical ended. All of the audience gave their standing ovation.

Curtain call, all the cast came out again to give their bow to everyone. Most of us stand on the stage for a long time, waving from corner to corner, and letting people took our photos. I scan throughout the third row where Gummy and Taekwoon supposed to sit, they were there. Gummy wore a beautiful blue sapphire silk mini dress that match her two colors blue pink ombre hair. Taekwoon wore a black pants and t-shirt, doubled with a blazer, a sapphire color too, it suits his current messy mid length hair. Both of them standing and keep giving applause. I can see Gummy watery eyes when she looked at me, I can feel her proudness of me. Shifting my look to Taekwoon, he gave me a thumbs up in a sassy way. Then I move my eyes to Jaehwan, whose standing in the middle of the stage, looking very satisfied of what he has achieved. I started to tear up, a proud tears and decided to hide at the back of the other cast, but my eyes still looking at nowhere but Jaehwan. Again, all of the cast did their final bow and the curtain closed.

Right after the curtain close, Jaehwan turned around and searching all over the stage while receiving hugs and hand shakes from other cast, I know he was looking for me. I wait for him to find me and he did.

He comes to me in a fast pace, but stopped by Younha who asked him and all the nearest cast who’s standing around her to took a selca. I keep waiting, not moving an inch, I’m enjoying what I see. Weird, I know.

At last he managed to escape from them and run to me. He hug me, tightly. We surprised everyone there, every single cast who was still back there. They didn’t know it until today. That we are dating.

He let go his hug, I thought he was done with me. But he is still holding on my waist, his right fingers tracing down my jaw and stop at my chin. He pulls my face close to his and slowly land his lips to mine, passionately. I can feel he desperately want to kiss me like forever, so I let him. I close my eyes to ignore all the stares around us. And that’s how our first kiss happened.