Stop Ressisting

Other Half

Tonight Taekwoon decided to spend a night at our place because Jaehwan is here and it’s impossible to wake him up. Taekwoon know exactly Jaehwan’s sleeping habit.

After moving Jaehwan with all of his strength from living room to the guest room which we have; this guest room most of the time became Taekwoon second room if he’s too lazy to stay alone at his apartment; Taekwoon was looking for his girlfriend. Gummy was in my room, helping me to braid my hair. My hair keeps falling off and they said it’s a worth to try braiding your hair when you were sleeping, so it will lessen my hair loss.

He peeked his head inside my room when Gummy answered his whining voice that can’t find Gummy in her room.

“You look cute with that hair style,” and for the first time since I don’t know when, Taekwoon gave me a compliment. But I’m thinking he was saying that because Gummy did my hair.

“You are finished with her right?” He asked. “Let’s go to sleep, it’s late.”

“You go sleep first, I have something to talk with Ken.” She answered.

“Okay..” He shut the door, but not to long he peeked inside again. “I’m sleeping at your room, hurry up.” He shut the door again.

You know, this is the thing that makes them a cute couple. Every time Taekwoon sleeps at Gummy’s room, he always sleeps on an extra bed sheet on the floor besides the bed. A few times, when I have to entered Gummy’s room taking something while they are still asleep, I found Gummy’s hand hanged down from the bed and Taekwoon holding onto her hands. That’s how they sleep together, adorable.

Sometimes I think why I never have been in a serious relationship this past 3 years is because of them. I look up to how they love and complete one another.

Beside that, I was too scared if I have to face another broken heart. It’s hard when everyone know you as the cheery bright girl and you just can’t show how sad you actually are, only Gummy who know what happened 3 years ago and she was the only one who helps me get through those gloomy days.

“Ken, you told me that Jaehwan today doesn’t have practice right? But he picked you up?” Gummy said as she finished braiding my hair.

I nodded while looking to Gummy from the mirror reflection. She put a serious face.

“You like him, right?” She asked me bluntly. Yep, that’s Gummy is. Blunt and honest. I can’t answer her. Not that I don’t want to tell her, I don’t know if I like him for real or not. I just shrugged my shoulder.

“It’s been awhile, you should give it a try.” For the first time in 3 years, Gummy suggesting me to think about my love life. She knew it better than anyone. “I know you have been put interest to some guys for these past years, but at the same time I know you are scared and ended up resisting.” She said. “I don’t know most of the guy you were interested in before. So I never say anything. But this time, Jaehwan is Taekwoon friend.” She continued. “I don’t want you two ended up hurting each other. Neither because you resisting again nor because Jaehwan himself.”

“Gummy, we barely knew each other. Don’t think about it seriously.” I talked to her. “Yet..” She added. “I know it’s too fast for me to telling you all of this things, but I know exactly where you two will go.”

“I know you never mean to be a heartbreaker, but think about it. How many guys you said no to, not because you don’t like them, but because you are scared.” She lectured. “Now it’s about time.”

•••

I woke up to my alarm sound. It’s Saturday. No musical practice and no work. FYI, I work as a part time visual merchandiser at STYLENANDA, it could be stressing but it’s so much fun at the same time. Fashion never can bored me.

I stared to the curtained window, it seems still dark, it’s still 5AM anyway. I went outside and everyone is still asleep. I hummed my favorite Disney song, Part of The World, all the way to the fridge. I took a piece of apple and bite it right away. Then I brew a full pot of English breakfast tea, I meant to make it for everyone this morning.

Still finishing my apple, I sit on a bench at the balcony with a glass of tea on my other hand. I let the glass door open, so the sun will crawl inside and lit the room. I’m waiting the sun to rise as I drown myself in millions thought about what Gummy said to me last night. The thought of Jaehwan in my head makes me laugh at myself while mentioning his name “Jaehwan..”, then I threw the left over part of apple to the bin at the corner of the balcony, and it went in.

“Nice throw!”

I was startled. I turn my face to find Jaehwan standing between the living room and the balcony, leaning to the glass door. ‘Oh god, did he hear me mentioning his name?’ My eyes got widen, nervous.

“Wow you are an early bird?” I said to him, trying not to looked surprise. “Not really, I even surprised I woke up at this kind of time.” He answered while glancing to the clock inside. It seems he didn't hear I mumbling his name. “Can I sit with you?” He asked. “Sure. Do you want tea as well?” Showing up my glass to Jaehwan. “Yes, thank you.” He said and took the glass from my hand. He drank it up.

“Umm… But that’s mine..” pointing at my glass. “I know,” he said. “Here finish the rest of it.” He gave the glass back to me then went inside. I can see him through the glass door, he went back to the guest room.

Unbelievable. What is this guy? I shook my head, disbelief.

Not too long, he came back and sit next to me again with phone on his hand. I peeked a bit to his phone screen, he’s replying message. I forgot Jaehwan just drank from my glass, I sip my tea and look straight to the horizon.

“Keniya~” Jaehwan called my name. I turn my face to him.

Click.. Click..

He took a selca of us.

“Lee Jaehwan, what are you doing?” I gushed him. “Taking a selca.” He answered lightly. “I know.. I mean..” I sighed loudly. “Forget it.”

Then he grinned at me, “Princess Anna.” He showed me the selca result. I raised my brow.

He pointed at my braided hair and sang, “Do you wanna build a snowman?”

“What are you  singing?” I responded. “You are weird, you know?” I laughed. “That’s so last year.”

•••

“Ken!” Gummy shouted from the room, she sounds panic. I ran to her room, Jaehwan followed me behind.

When I entered her room, Gummy is sitting next to Taekwoon. She put one of her palm on Taekwoon’s forehead, her other hand held tightly by Taekwoon’s right hand. She looked up to me, “He got a fever, we still have a fever patch don’t we?”

I directly went out to get those stuffs. Jaehwan only stand at Gummy’s room door, his eyes following me. “And what the other Ken supposed to do?” He joked. “You called Ken, it supposed to be both of us. Right?”

“Jaehwan, seriously shut up.” Taekwoon muttered.

I came back with the fever patch. I hand it over to Gummy and squatted next to Gummy. “How could this kind of guy get sick.” I teased Taekwoon. “Thank you Ken, you better leave the room and bring this other ken with you too.” Taekwoon grunted in a very low voice.

I stand up while looking at Gummy, she is tying Taekwoon bangs. “사과 모리” Jaehwan snorted. Taekwoon looking for something to throw to Jaehwan, but I drag Jaehwan first out of the room before Taekwoon throwing stuffs. I giggled.

I forgot to close her room door. When I turn back to close the door, I was served an envious sight. Gummy asked Taekwoon to fixed his sleeping position, Taekwoon lay his head on Gummy’s lap. The fever patch sticked to Taekwoon’s forehead. She then runs her finger to Taekwoon hair and play with Taekwoon apple hair that she made. They chuckled together. So I decided to just let the door open, and joined Jaehwan who’s already on the couch holding the tv remote.

“Can I turn it on?”