Smileless

4:23 PM

 

It has been two days since Takaki decided to skip his classes. He still remembers what he heard and what he saw, he was very sure of it – It was a ghost! He also caught a cold by just thinking how vengeful the ghost was.

 

‘Maybe the ghost died on that room and promises to revenge on those who killed him!’ he thought. His time was spent on those things and that disables him to even eat his meals properly.

 

His deep thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock “Yuya! Stop fooling around! Drink your medicine and go to school! You’re already healed!” his father shouts as he keeps on knocking onto Takaki’s door.  Takaki hated the way his father spoke; it was similar to his mother’s tone, making him want to go back there, in the real city and live with his mother instead of him.

 

“You’re a loud old man!” he replied and got up from his bed. He heads toward the door and open it. There, he saw the furious look of his father with some medicines on his left hand and his uniform on the other. He got no choice, he immediately accepted it and get ready for school.

 

***

The gate was clear when Takaki arrived at the school’s entrance. He was lucky that the councilor wasn’t around and he was able to enter without nuisance. When he reached his classroom, the second period already started. They were already discussing so he decided not to enter; he then wanders around the whole campus except on the floor where the music room is located and the garden.

 

Minutes passed and the floors started to get crowded; recess of different levels started that’s why he stays on a vacant room near the science laboratory, located on the seventh graders’ floor.  As he sat down on the empty chair, at the back part of the room, he chose to sleep because he got tired of walking around.  But even though he closes his eyes or changes his position or even lie down on the floor, he found it hard to make a sleep. The sound that he heard last time keeps on replaying as if he’s hearing it played again. When the bell rang, he finally managed to make it out of his mind and end up loitering again.

 

***

The day ends with just a blink of an eye; at the end he doesn’t attend any of his classes. Takaki just stayed on the library and on some vacant rooms along the floors. He spent his time reading some books but around two on the afternoon he found a place to sleep in. It was the first room on the fifth floor of the campus. No one was around and so he lay down on the floor, not thinking about having colds again.

 

 He slept for the remaining hours and got up around five.  It’s already late when he decided to go home. He was running on the way downstairs; it’s getting dark and teachers might lock the school. Upon going down, he heard the piano playing. Again it was loud but it plays a different piece - A piece which brings loneliness to the one that hears it.  He slows down and begins to head on the music room.  He doesn’t know what he was doing but still he continues to walk.

 

When he’s about to reach the music room, the beats grow rapidly. Just like the last time, it makes a creepy sound that made him run to the nearest stairs and get out of the building. He keeps on running and end up at the garden, panting and with a fast rate of heartbeat. He sat on the grass and finally takes a spoonful of guts to glance, on the window of the music room.

 

He saw a guy’s silhouette with an ear length hair, playing the piano gracefully. He then started doubting whether it’s a real ghost or not. He also thought that a ghost can’t touch anything, which made his perception stronger. He was so in with what he is thinking and he became unaware of the time.

 

The guy finishes the piece with so much power and loneliness. Takaki on the other hand stays still on his spot without blinking; he watches the boy marched his way on the door. Takaki was waiting for his silhouette to appear on the stairs but it didn’t.

 

Darkness rules the sky when he got his sense back, he instantly run on the gate and reaches it on the right time. Before leaving he looked back and hoped to see the guy on the stairs or somewhere else inside but still he didn’t.  He waited for another five minutes but the ghost or the guy was nowhere to be found. 

 

 

 

Note: 

Alam ko pong late ito pero ilang oras lang naman XD 54 minutes lang naman  po ehh. Atsaka 832 words toh kasama yung note XD