Fearless

4:23 PM

 

Takaki started his day with so much misfortune; first he overslept because of thinking about the ghost again and ends up getting late although the councilor didn’t catch him, then he forgot to bring his lunch and wasn’t able to buy one. That makes him uninterested to attend any of his afternoon classes. He ends up staying in the library and slept there for a couple of hours. Unaware of the place and time, he began to sleep soundly and with a loud snore, the librarian immediately sent him out. Takaki doesn’t have an idea of where to stay, he checked on the vacant rooms of the same floor but find it creepy to stay in, and then he checked if the garden was free from students but it looks like it will rain. Finally, Takaki with a lot of courage and strength, decided to stay in the music room as the rain starts to pour down.

 

 Yesterday, he saw the silhouette of the guy who was believed to be the ghost but he doubted if it was real. Now he was there to prove whether he was wrong or not, even though he was really scared, he managed to stay in that room. Several minutes passed but the guy didn’t appear even at once, Takaki began to wonder if his hunch was wrong.

 

 ‘Maybe he is a real ghost’ he thought. He was really anxious and concentrated of waiting to the point that every noise he heard makes him scared and without blinking, he keeps an eye on the door and on the window, where he saw a lot of students going home. When the rain starts to get stronger and the view of students waiting for it to stop lessen, he decided to check the time and it was exactly 4:20 in the afternoon; the sky looks a lot darker as if the sun already sets. The wind is also cold which makes the room creepier. Takaki sat on the piano chair, he still doesn’t know if he will go home or not.

***

The alarm clock above the piano rang as the time sets on 4:23; Takaki jumped and hid below the piano chair when he heard it. He stayed in that position for a while and waited for the clock to stop. After some seconds of hiding, he decided to get up. As fast as he can, he gathered all his things and head out of the room but he was interrupted when the lighting strikes and the door suddenly opens.

 

A guy that looks like a girl appeared; he has an ear length brown hair with white porcelain skin, which makes him look pale. His body built was average, not so big and not so small. His face, well it was really beautiful most especially his eyes that will make a person feel warm to the point of melting but still innocent looking.

 

He was shocked and so was the guy, it can be seen on both of their faces. They stared at each other for a minute, both were unsure of what to do and who should be the first to speak. The longer they stare, the more their senses were lost but Takaki was the first to gain his back, when he realized that the guy can be a real ghost, he screamed.

 

“Ghost?!!”  He quickly ran back to where he was hiding a couple of minutes ago. He even forced himself together with his bag to fit under the chair and then he closed his eyes. The ghost chuckled as he saw what Takaki did. He slowly walks near and every step he takes he makes sure that Takaki will hear it. Meanwhile Takaki peeped every time he heard the footsteps; the time that the ghost was near him, he began shouting.

 

“No! No! No! Don’t come near me!” he said, the ghost immediately laughed when he heard him, then he continued walking. When he reached the chair, he sat down. That makes Takaki shouts louder “No! No! Go away! Go away! Don’t hurt me!” he finds his way out, without turning his back he crawls to the door’s entrance.  The ghost on the other hand laughs and accidentally falls off the chair. Takaki heard it and unintentionally he looked back and saw the ghost on the floor. Then he began to wonder, ‘Is he real?’ he noticed that since then, the ghost or the guy can hold things and now he even fell on the floor; it makes him more confused and scared.

 

“Calm down, I won’t hurt you” the ghost acclaimed as he stands up. Takaki just stare at him, thinking if he was real or not, if he was a vengeful ghost or a playful ghost or if he was a human. The ghost offered a hand to help him stand up; it took him half a minute to accept it. Although he was still undecided, he reached his hand but to his surprise his hand passes through him. 

 

 

Note: 

Hohohoho sakto yan! saktong sakto! <3 Btw I don't know if the title was justified. lol