Friendless

4:23 PM

 

Takaki starts screaming “You’re a ghost! A real one! Don’t hurt me please! Don’t hurt me!” he keeps on repeating it until the ghost hit him with the music sheets placed above the piano.

 

“Calm down okay? I won’t do anything so will you please stop ruining the peaceful atmosphere?” the ghost asked as he sat down on the piano chair again and placed his fingers on the keys as if he’s about to start playing. Takaki gathered the music sheets that falls on the floor and he did it quietly. Upon getting up he notices that the ghost is about to play the piano; he waits for him to start but a minute passed and he didn’t even press the keys.

 

He looked on the ghost as he sat down on the floor near the chair. “You’re not going to play?” he asked, the ghost on the other hand ignored him and took the music sheets back after that he started playing. It was a different piece or for Takaki it sounded like a different one, its rhythm is a little fast and it sounds a little higher from the one he plays during the past few days. Takaki realized that the piece emits a much happier aura which gives a big difference from the one he plays last time.

 

***

Some more minutes passed and both of them are now unaware of the time, the ghost continued playing the piano while Takaki sitting like a child waiting for a candy listened quietly. Finally the song ended with the ghost’s smile and Takaki clapping his hands happily – they both enjoyed it.

 

“Wow! You’re a good pianist but you’re already dead” he said in a sad tone but the ghost didn’t mind him, he stood up and sat down beside Takaki,

 

“So you’re not afraid anymore?” he asked, Takaki nod in response although there is still some fear left in him. “Good. Now we can talk properly by the way I’m Inoo Kei, nice to meet you Takaki Yuya” he said and offers his hand but he immediately pull it back.

 

Takaki was surprised that the ghost named Inoo Kei knew him “How come you knew my name?” he asked to clear his mind. Inoo shrugged his shoulders in response so Takaki continues to ask his question.

He repeated it for five times until Inoo gave up and answered “Obviously I’m a ghost!” Takaki smiled and nod in response then he asks another set of questions “So how did you die? When did you die? Who killed you?” he said it without pausing; it sounded like he was rapping but Inoo got annoyed of all his questions.

 

“Why are you so curious about my past life, on how I die? I don’t know how did I die or when did I die. I can’t also remember anything about my death or who killed me or what so ever. All I know is my family, my school and my piano skills. I don’t even know why I can’t hold people while I can hold, grab, touch, or even feel the things around me like that piano.” Inoo replied as he pointed the piano he played a while ago.

 

“Chill! I just wanted to know something about you, don’t worry, I won’t ask anymore but you should listen to me okay?” he didn’t wait for Inoo’s reply or any sign from him saying yes and he just began speaking.

 

“You know what, I’m new here and it feels like the people here aren’t the same as the ones in my old town. They somehow give the feeling of isolation or something, don’t you think so?” he paused and looked at Inoo as if he’s waiting for an answer, and so when he was about to open his mouth Takaki speaked again. “No no no! Don’t answer! I promise not to ask you anymore and if you answer then I already asked you” Takaki said but Inoo didn’t bother him and interrupted his speech.

 

“You want a friend right?” Inoo asked him but didn’t answer. “You want a friend, am I right or not” he asked again and his tone is saying that he wants an answer so this time Takaki replied “Anooo. This is embarrassing you know?” he said “What’s embarrassing? Admitting that you want a friend? What’s wrong with that?” Inoo asked him but Takaki didn’t say anything.  

 

“Hey! Answer me or else I’ll possess you!” he threatened him. “I’m a guy! It’s really weird to say such things!” Takaki answered in a loud voice. “Baka! You being a guy isn’t really evident so don’t be embarrassed!” Inoo mocked him “Hey! You’re the one that looks like a girl!” he replied but Inoo just chuckled and he didn’t speak. After some seconds and silence is about to fill the room, Takaki whispered “Anooo yes I want a friend”  

 

“What did you say? I can’t hear it” Inoo said. Takaki started to mess his hair, he pull it upward and sideward until he looked like a mess. “Don’t make me repeat it! It’s really weird!” He shouted, Inoo on the other hand pretends that he didn’t hear anything.

 

“Oh! So I’ll possess your body? Okay if that’s your wish!”  He moves closer to Takaki, closer and closer and closer and when he’s five inches near him Takaki shouted “I want a friend!” then he covered his face with his hands. “This is embarrassing!” he added.

 

Inoo just laugh on him and move a few inch away “Don’t worry, most of the students are probably home by now so only 5% of the school’s community might have a chance to hear what you have said a while ago.” He continued laughing while Takaki grabs the music sheets and hit him. “Ouch! What’s the purpose of that?” he asked. “I don’t know” Takaki answered and laughed at Inoo’s epic facial reaction.

 

“Baka! Don’t you know that it hurts!” he said then he smirked.  “It’s getting dark already, the teachers might lock the doors aren’t you going home?” he asked. Takaki checked the time and he saw that its already 6:07 pm.

 

“Oh! Yes! I should go home now!” Takaki said and grab his bag. He run towards the door and opens it but before leaving he turns his back and look on Inoo’s face.

 

“Bye Inoo-chan! See you tomorrow!”

 

 

 

Note:

dasflansdfkjhbskjfsd achievement to! 1065 words!! dfjkgsndfjgnjdfsgndfj Sensei! Tumitino na ko!! dvjdshfjsadn