Speechless

4:23 PM

 

The loud knocking on the door disturbed Takaki’s sleep. “Takaki! Are you going to skip school today? It’s getting late!” his father shouted, he immediately gained his senses back and rushed to the door to open his father.

 

He saw the annoyed face of his father “You over slept again? What are you doing last night? Are you going to bring your bento?” he just nodded and ignored his other questions. He went to the kitchen and drank some coffee before taking a bath. After finishing it he got his bag and right away, after half an hour, he travels to the school. While walking he realized that it has been a month since the two of them became friends. A lot of things happened including him being ignored by his classmates as if he’s not around and Inoo makes him feel good through playing the piano and teaching him how to do the basics.

 

***

Takaki reached the school gate around 7:00 in the morning, ten minutes after the class started and considered he was late but the councilor is not around and so he entered the campus with no difficulty. Upon reaching his classroom he saw a familiar face in the room next to his. It was Inoo, he was inside of one of the classrooms, seating and listening as if he was part of the class. He got confused since every day Takaki would skip his afternoon classes and wait for Inoo to appear in the music room. He noticed that Inoo will only appear at a certain time and that is 4:23 in the afternoon. Because of that he assumed that it was the time Inoo died. But today he saw Inoo early in the morning and not in the music room but in one of the classrooms. He rubbed his eyes and looked for Inoo again in the classroom but now he wasn’t there. So he thought everything he saw a while ago is just part of his imagination.

 

He entered his classroom, no one noticed him so he just seat there until the morning classes end and when the bell rang he instantly went outside. Just like the other day he went to the music room as early as 12:30 he stayed there and ate his lunch as fast as he can and instead of doing nothing while waiting for him to come he decided to sleep. He lay down on the floor and after some minutes he fell asleep.

 

***

 

Takaki woke up when he heard footsteps of students passing by, he looked out of the window and saw a lot of them going out so he checked the time; it was already 4:45 in the afternoon he was sleeping tight that he didn’t noticed that Inoo didn’t come in the usual time he does. ‘Where is he?’ he thought, before, when he fell asleep while waiting for him, Inoo usually wakes him up by playing the piano but today he didn’t heard any keys of it playing and there are no signs that he came there. Takaki decided to roam around the room hoping that any time from now Inoo will come out of nowhere but another five minutes passed and still there was no sighting of him. He started to get worried.

 

‘Maybe he already rest in peace or maybe someone with psychic power discovered him and sealed him somewhere or maybe he was just part of my imagination but...’ his face is getting pale and his thoughts are getting more weird as time flew by. Now, fear crept in to his mind little by little it makes him think that he will again be friendless. He checked the time again and saw that its 5:30 in the afternoon. It’s getting late and his hopes are getting low. He finally decided to leave; he walked slowly, passing to the corridors and wishing to see his friend even just for a minute but he reached the garden and his friend is nowhere to be found. He took his last glance on the stairs, the hallway and lastly on the window of the music room and there saw a silhouette of a guy sitting in front of the piano.

 

Takaki knew it was Inoo, he immediately run towards the music room and reached it in a matter of more or less a minute and a half. He forcefully opened the door and saw the smiling face of Inoo looking at him. He was sitting in the chair and there are music sheets above the piano.

 

“Looking for me?” Inoo asked but Takaki didn’t answer, instead he threw his bag on him.

 

He ducked to avoid the flying bag but still it hit him “Itai! What’s that for?” he questioned him but Takaki answered it by glaring. And half a minute passed until Inoo picked up that Takaki was in a bad mood. He walk towards him and tried to poke him but he failed since he’s a ghost so he called him instead “Hey! Takaki!”

 

“What?” Takaki answered in a mad tone as he sat down on the piano chair leaving Inoo on the door way.

 

“Why are you mad?” he asked directly but again Takaki didn’t answer him and just stared at him. “Tsk come on, why? Do you want me to possess you just to know the answer?” he added  

 

“I’m not mad” he said but it contradicts his facial expression because he was frowning so Inoo walk towards him and grab the music sheets and throw it to him.

 

Takaki got hit and he immediately asked “Why?” but this time Inoo didn’t answered him instead he took Takaki’s bag that was left on the floor and gave it to him.

 

“It’s already dark outside and any time from now the guards might come and check the rooms. You should go home” Inoo said in a cold tone as he heads towards the door. However Takaki didn’t even move on the place where he is. He stayed there as if he’s telling that he doesn’t want to go home.

 

“Stop your act, what are you a kid? You go home now or I will leave you here” Upon hearing it Takaki got up and marched to the door where Inoo is, he stared at Inoo before deciding to leave rather than saying sorry.

 

When he reached the school garden he looked on the window and saw the silhouette of Inoo still standing beside the door of the room. It was the first time he didn’t say ‘bye Inoo-chan’ to him. It was the first time that Inoo didn’t have the patience to deal with him and his irrational actions. It was their first fight.

 

 

 

Note:

HUHUHUHU NAKATAPOS AKO <3