Chapter II: Night

Breathe In, Breathe Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later on that day, while they were eating dinner, their mother, with a smile on her face, opened up about how Jin was when he was a baby, earning a shocked expression from him as he shook his head no, silently begging for her to stop that instant because they all knew how embarrassing their mother would be when talking about Jin’s past. Jin would usually turn into a sobbing mess due to his mother’s constant bragging about how cute he was, even showing their guests pictures of him wearing glasses – he was always insecure about the fact that he used to wear really strong prescription glasses, and because of that, he stopped wearing them, thinking he looked like a freak, a weirdo, a person no one liked to hang out with because it made him look uncool.

“And did you know that he used to wear really thick glasses? Oh, like this one-” their mother stopped talking as she grinned so wide, pulling out a picture from their album – Jin’s photo album, to be specific. His cheeks turned so red as he choked on his food, staring at the photo in disgust, his face falling as each second passed by. Jin didn’t even know what to feel – was he supposed to feel irritated, embarrassed, or maybe even worried that his mother would show more pictures to Taehyung? Heck, she was opening his second photo album right now!

 

OH, MY GOD.

 

“Mom, quit it,” Jin tried reaching out to his mom, who, within a second, was up from her seat to get that special photo album which Jin hated so, so much. She had planned on showing it to Taehyung even way before he had come here. “Would you just- Mom, hey, MOM!” Jin stood up from his seat, next to Taehyung, as he was literally half sprinting and half brisk walking going to her, only to look like a helpless puppy because she just ended up running back to her seat to open the photo album with a loud squeal. Even their father gasped, clapping his hands as he nodded his head in approval, giving a thumbs up. Taehyung gasped as well, his eyes so wide, and that made Jin curse in his head.

“MOOOOOOMMM!” Jin screeched so loud, and he didn’t even know that he sounded like he let out a huge fangirl shriek, like a little girl’s loud scream. It sounded horrifying. “DON’T SHOW HIM-”

But it was too late. Their mother already showed Taehyung his baby picture. He barely had any hair on his head!

 

OH, MY GOD, OH, MY GOD, HELP, HELP, HELPPPPPPP! HELP-

 

“HE’S SO CUTE!” Taehyung complimented as he tried to cover his mouth with his hand, his eyes wider than they were a few seconds ago. He was shocked – so shocked! How come Jin was already handsome before, and now he turned even way more handsome! Taehyung couldn’t help but feel envious because wow, he had a good-looking brother and Taehyung felt like he was just here, too busy being a potato! He didn’t even feel handsome! Taehyung felt useless around here while they did everything for him, and now Jin was here showcasing his good looks? Taehyung felt like a fool. “WOAH, HIS HEAD! LOOK AT HIS HEAD! HE DIDN’T EVEN HAVE THAT MUCH HAIR ON!” Taehyung pointed out with a huge smile, earning a loud laugh from their father as they high-fived each other, and that’s when Jin lost it, screaming at Taehyung to defend himself.

“HEY! YOU LITTLE- YOU KNOW WHAT, HOW ABOUT YOU SHOW US YOUR BABY PICS, TOO, HUH?!” Jin hissed, his face so red, and they all laughed at him because he seriously had no patience, and he seriously wasn’t calm under pressure. “What are you all laughing at?” Jin asked, and that’s when he looked confused. How dare they laugh at him when he was being serious here?

“You look cute when you’re embarrassed,” Taehyung said, looking at Jin straight in the eye as he chuckled, and Jin didn’t know, but just by Taehyung saying that, he calmed down. He walked his way back to his seat next to Taehyung and scoffed. He shook his head and went back to finishing his foo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter