Chapter II: Morning

Breathe In, Breathe Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what happened the day before, Taehyung couldn’t just forget about it, forcing himself to push back the thoughts of him thinking that Jin didn’t mean it, like Jin was just kidding – because it was obvious that Jin was serious about what he said. Maybe no one really likes me sticking around, Taehyung said to himself as he rolled in his bed, looking at the clock. It was early in the morning and he decided to have an early breakfast, getting up from his bed and standing up, not minding how he looked like as he ruffled his hair. I don’t even want to think about Jin today – he hates me, he distracted himself by saying he was really hungry and how his stomach was practically eating him alive. He brushed his teeth and freshened up, and when he got out of his room, he almost forgot where he was and it hit him. He wasn’t in his old home anymore – this was his new one. Then he took in the image of the cold, dark empty hallway once again, even forgetting where to turn because this house was that huge, and no one really told him where this thing was, and where the other bathrooms and rooms were located because a certain person never really introduced him around. He understood why his parents couldn’t because they were busy, but Jin didn’t have any reason at all.

He dragged his feet downstairs, lazily, with his eyelids drooping down constantly, signaling that he was still sleepy. He almost fell down the stairs, but luckily, he managed to hold onto the handrails and there, his feet touched the cold floor – he was downstairs already. He smiled to himself, his lips out of habit as he went to find out where the kitchen was. How big can this house be? Taehyung thought as he went around and around till he smelled the scent of coffee. Without knowing it, he furrowed his eyebrows and followed the direction to where the scent was, till he found the kitchen, his eyes diverting straight to the refrigerator.

No one was at home this time since their dad left early for work and their mom left the house early as well to buy groceries. That left no one but Jin and Taehyung.

“Do you even know how to cook?” Jin asked out of nowhere, sounding like he was judging Taehyung and Taehyung immediately whipped his head to the side to find Jin sitting on the living room sofa with a magazine in hand, looking at him, up and down, scanning his body and that made Taehyung ten times more insecure, considering the fact that he wasn’t wearing anything but an oversized white shirt and his boxers. Jin threw the magazine aside and cleared his throat and diverted his eyes somewhere else to not make it that obvious that he’s been looking at his brother for a while now, eyeing him the whole time, from the second he was leaning against the kitchen counter to wait for his toast, till the time he placed the toast in his mouth, munching on it happily. How can one person look so good and so stupid all at the same time? Jin thought, rolling his eyes because he thought he was going crazy. “You look stupid, you know that?” he scoffed, making his way to Taehyung who was looking at him, surprised, his toast hanging in his mouth, making him look like a cute puppy – a stupid one, Jin couldn’t help but think. “If one person looks stupid then he probably is,” he said, laughing at his own joke as he got the other toast that was left in the toaster. When he took a bite out of it, it tasted burnt, and he immediately thought of another useless comment, “And I’m talking about you because if you don’t know how to toast bread then you probably can’t do anything else right,” he smirked at Taehyung who looked offended, sighing as he shook his head at Jin, opening his mouth to defend himself.

“Why can’t you just leave me alone and let me eat in peace?” Taehyung rubbed his eyes as he took another bite off his toast, turning around to go to the living room to watch some television.

Jin wouldn’t admit it, but he felt ignored as Taehyung’s back was now facing him as he made his way to the living room. How dare he leave him alone in the kitchen when he waited hours just for him to wake up? Was he still mad because of what I said to him yesterday?

“No, you can’t watch television,” Jin croaked out, half sprinting and half brisk walking going to the living room to get the TV remote control, a smug grin plastered on his face, making Taehyung look at him incredulously. “Are you crazy?” Taehyung made a face, looking at Jin who was hiding the remote behind him, looking down at his small frame, thinking that Taehyung wouldn’t fight back this time because Jin was obviously taller than him, and because of that, he gave himself a pat on the back. “No, are you crazy!” Jin spat back, correcting Taehyung’s sentence as he snorted, walking back to the kitchen which was just next to the living room. He wanted to have the upper hand and he was going to set rules if this Taehyung wanted to live in the same house as him. He needed to know who the boss was.

“You’re not my dad,” Taehyung snapped, getting the remote back from Jin which he placed on the kitchen counter as he busied himself looking for food in the refrigerator, bending down to get some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter