Can It Get Any Worse?

Anonymous.

It was finally a new year. We are now on the second year of high-school. Everything that was in the past was in the past. Nothing could get any worse right?

Huh. Tell that to someone who cares.

Everything that was in the past was certainly NOT in the past. Well not for Jessica. She still looked for excuses to bring up IU's love-gone-wrong. She never seemed to let go and she certainly won't let IU forget anything about it.

When we spark up a conversation that had nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, to do with Wooyoung, one false move, one single word that might tie to him, even if it was nothing, she will make a big deal out of it and bring his name up.

As IU's best friend, of course this pisses me off. The thought of Wooyoung made her sad. Unless that's what I've been noticing since she doesn't want to talk about it. I always shot Jessica a cold glance to tell her to stop, but even if she's right in front of my face, she pretends not to notice and ignores me.

She never seemed to follow any of my instructions. She seemed to be the person who HAS to lead, not someone who follows. She always needs to be in the spot light. Jessica has always shot down any ideas someone suggests. It needs to be a certain way. It needs to be HER way. If you thought that she was a good leader, one of the best ones out there? Well, you thought wrong. She's more of a person who wants to be a leader, but doesn't have the right values to be a good one. Jessica was like a president who lead a Dictatorship country.

Well any way, we're straying from the point of this whole chapter.

Half way through the year everything seemed normal (well, whatever the definition of normal is). Nothing 'bad' has happened. There wasn't as much drama as there was last year. Not yet anyway.

As you can see, I knew that IU applied for some sort of scholarship to another school. She told us that she was probably not going to go, since she had said that there were a lot more smarter people who'd applied. That's what SHE said anyway. Not the people who were picking the lucky scholars.

IU was smart. She was a year younger than me, but she still managed to get to the next year level AND be one of the smartest people in the year group. Of course she was going to get pick.

Of course, she did get picked.

It was almost a secret. No-one knew about it. It was because IU thought that she's not going to end up going. So she never told anyone (well obviously except for me).

If it wasn't for the part where the school has to make IU's teachers sign a form of why she is leaving school, Wooyoung wouldn't have known. Especially Jessica.

Jessica acted as if this was another opportunity. To bring back those feelings IU and Wooyoung had from last year. It's not like it had disappeared since then, they were just hidden. Jessica just wanted to make them reappear.

She thought that this was a good way to make Wooyoung talk to IU one more time. It seemed like it was for HER amusement. So Jessica had told Wooyoung about IU's circumstances and, of course, he was worried of her leaving.

As always, Jessica had given Wooyoung 'advice'. She had told him to ask her for one last farewell kind of date. It was something that Jessica had made up. I myself didn't know what she was on about.

As usual. Jessica and I had to chaperone. Because if it wasn't for us, this sort-of date would have happened. I mean, I'm not complaining. I was happy to do it. But Jessica did anything for this event to happen.

She was so unorganized (or maybe it was all her plan to seem like it). She even told us that she couldn't go as a chaperone, and that we can go on our own (and as usual abandoning me, which will make me an awkward third wheel [but enough about me]). It might have been an excuse for just the two of them to go alone. Which for the first time, her plan didn't work.

So we went. 

The mall was as busy as usual. Nothing special though. The same exact place we've been going to for a long time. We were all silent, didn't know what we were going to talk about. All except for Jessica of course. She was the conversation starter, asking Wooyoung what he wanted to be and all that such. She seemed to enjoy this. 

But the first time, my assumptions about her is wrong. She wasn't enjoying it. Jessica had a frustrated look on her face. We weren't talking. We didn't know what to talk about. She had the most angry face I've ever seen her have.

We stopped by at a coffee shop and didn't talk at all. IU agreed for Wooyoung to buy her a drink. We sit there drinking, and you guessed it, not talking about anything. Jessica would occasionally break out and say; "Guys, talk!" and sometimes slap Wooyoung.

As time passed, we had resulted to nothing but only one sentence from Wooyoung:

"I wanted to do this one last thing before you leave. Just, this one last time."

That was all that progressed on that day. No nothing. They were left with no happy thoughts, no improvements in their broken feelings. Just... just that ONE sentence.


The next day (or maybe it was the day after, cause I forgot to whether the day was on a Saturday or a Sunday [but that's unimportant]) IU had brought up a conversation about that day.

"Um... My mom asked me where I went yesterday."

"What'd you say" I said a bit anxious because her mom didn't know that Wooyoung was going.

"I told her that I was going with you and Jessica to the mall." but she wasn't finished, "But she said that she wasn't telling her everything. So I said, 'Maybe Wooyoung, as well'".

I was a bit scared. Her face was down and she looked a little sad.

"She told me that my Aunt was in the same mall and passed by the cafe we went to and she saw the four of us sitting there. I don't think I can get involved with Wooyoung anymore."

My heart sank a bit. When you hear couples break up, there's the usual "But we can still be friends". But in this case there was nothing like that. They were indirectly telling each other that they we didn't want to have anything to do with each other.

That was it. No talking it over. No anything.