005

Our Two Bedroom Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 At around 6 in the morning, the taxi stopped in front of our house. I almost fell out of the car as I attempted to open the door, giggling loudly as I exchanged a blurred gaze with Jiyong.

I was hammered.

“Good night!” he slurred, ruffling my already ruined hair.

I took a quick look at the sky, which sent my head into a state of dizziness.

“Good morning, you mean!”

We burst out into laughter, even though it wasn't funny at all. I smashed the door shut after waving to the cabbi and my companion, and staggered up to the front door, desperately trying to balance myself out while fumbling for my keys. I leaned against the door, my key chain up close to my eyes so I could see which one was the front door key.

I can't remember how long I leaned there before groaning out loud in frustration. A second later, though, the door was opened, sending me into a free fall directly into Jonghyun's arms.

“Dé-jà vu!” I giggled, holding tight onto his arms as he put me back on my wobbly legs.

“Where have you been?” he questioned angrily, pulling me inside and closing the door again.

“Well....”

He interrupted me with a motion of his hand.

“You know what? I actually don't want to know. But you reek like you spent the night on the floor of a tavern full of chain smokers.”

I broke out into a giggle again, causing him to roll his eyes. He must have noticed that I wasn't able to get up the stairs anymore, so he swiftly picked me up, one arm wrapped around my waist, the other under the hollow of my knees.

Encouraged by the thoughtless state of being drunk, I slung my arms around his neck and buried my face at his chest, sighing in delight. I closed my eyes at the steady beating of his heart and fell into a slumber. When he gently placed me down on my bed, pulling the blanket all the way up to my nose, I turned a little and smacked.

“Jonghyun-ah?”

“Hmh?” he hummed, turning around once more before leaving the room.

“I think I kind of like...you....”

My voice trailed off as I drifted into a safe and sound sleep.

I woke up around 4 p.m. My eyes flung open, and my tummy immediately turned as the stank of my clothes rose into my nose. I groaned loudly, pulling my legs up to my chest. I concentrated on my breathing for good ten minutes before daring to open my eyes again.

As I looked to my nightstand, there was a glass of water and two painkillers placed on top of a note.

I sat up slowly, not wanting to cause any sudden movements to trigger sickness rising in my throat. I placed the pills in between my teeth, grabbed the glass of water and skillfully swallowed the whole thing in two sips. Ruffling my hair with one hand, I took the note in the other and adjusted my blurry eyes to the paper.

“Good morning.
I hope you don't feel too bad, even though you deserve it. Babo.
If you're hungry, there's food in the fridge.
When I'm home, we should talk

~ Jonghyun”

I read the note out loud, over and over again.

What was there to talk about? How...how did I even get home?

“Krr, this Ji Yong. Making me drunk!” I murmured, flopping the blanket back and swinging my feet out of the bed, hitting the cool floor.

Before heading downstairs, I changed into a comfortable pair of sweatpants and a baggy top. I was welcomed by Areum, who brushed along my legs, clearly begging for some food.

“Aish, did your daddy not feed you? Come here.”

She followed me into the kitchen and I put some cat food into her bowl. Afterwards, I prepared myself cornflakes and stared out of the window while munching them.

The rest of the day, I spent slouching on the couch with Areum purring on my stomach, while watching documentaries and falling in and out of a doze. As a cool hand touched my neck, I jumped up with my eyes wide open. Behind me stood Jonghyun, a weird mix of emotions showing in his eyes.

“H-hi!” I stuttered with my neck pulled in like a turtle.

“Are you feeling better?” he asked, not returning my greeting.

His voice was soft, though, and he sat down next to me. I nodded.

“Yeah, thanks for the pain killers. I felt like a miserable lump when I woke up.” I hesitated before shyly looking up at him.

He looked tired. He probably only returned from a long and stressful meeting without having a break.

“When...when did I come home?” I asked quietly, scratching the back of my head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter